Where are we all from?

cedricthecat

Where are we all from?

Post by cedricthecat »

Having just been reading this thread about American farming, and seeing that the theory is that most of FS players are from German speaking areas, just made me wonder where the game is being played, by whom and why?! :D

I'll start:-
  • Live in Lincolnshire in England. Very much a farming county, but not in the stereotypical small fields and hedges idyll portrayed on TV, rather big fields of barley, wheat, rape (canola), and famously, potatoes and cabbages!
  • Never farmed but did used to be an HGV driver about 25 years ago, with my own Volvo F10. Went on to a lot of farms then, with potato bulkers etc, before moving onto European groupage work for a few years - twice a week on the Dover/Calais, or Zeebrugge/Felixstowe, or Newhaven/Dieppe ferries, before the Channel Tunnel was built, although I did actually make a few deliveries to the tunnel build!
  • Age 53, now semi-retired, working with dogs
  • Got fed up of "Shoot 'em up" games where I was the one getting shot, and driving games where I was never fast enough to actually unlock the good levels! Went through most of the Lego games, as at least you could keep going and didn't always get killed! Came across Farming Simulator" when it was mentioned on the TV series "Mock The Week" by Ed Byrne and Dara O'Briain! :D
(ps. If this topic has been done before, Mods feel free to zap it! ;) )
Played FS2013 and FS15 on PS3
Playing FS17, FS19 and now FS22 on PS4
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
EZP
1. Verwarnung

Re: Where are we all from?

Post by EZP »

Eastern Ontario, Canada. Not farm country really. We do have some farms around...smaller family farms...dairy and sheep and cash crops. It's the verge of the Canadian Shield here so the terrain starts to get rocky and hilly...not ideal for farms.
My brother and my nephew have 450 acres. They mostly just hay and sell to local horse stables.

I saw FS15 was on sale for 50% off on Steam a few months ago. I don't put much stock in reviews, but a number of the reviewers had over 1000 hours in game...which made me think there had to be something appealing about it. So then I tried the 13 demo...for literally 2 minutes...I then exited and immediately purchased 15. That was in March and I haven't really touched another game since.
Platform=PC

(I am also a heavy mod addict) :D

Putting your gaming platform of choice in your signature will help us all mingle a little easier and ask/answer questions with less confusion.
Go to...Control Panel/Profile/Edit signature
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

We have relatives in Vancouver - love Canada! :)

Btw, 1000 hours! How do folks manage this? I've done 120 hours in three months, which is around 1hr 20 a day on average, which feels a lot to me! ;)
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
Buzz2112

Post by Buzz2112 »

Southern Ontario Canada...In the heart of the farming community
You don't have to be a farmer to be outstanding in your field. But it helps.
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

North America 2, Europe 1 so far then! (and bizarrely, looks like you are both - relatively? - near to each other!)
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
Delta

Post by Delta »

London, Ky usa. Big farming state small and large farms, lots of wooded trails to reach fields. Ky is also known for horse racing. I own a small farm in RL with one tractor. Heavy construction equipment operator is my day job been playing FS since fs13 came out.
Q-dance Ambassador.
XboxOne user
Need console help/tips? Check this thread: http://forum.giants-software.com/viewto ... 31&t=83133
Bug reports: http://forum.giants-software.com/viewforum.php?f=868
How to find/post log txt: viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
farmboy002

Post by farmboy002 »

Central U.S.A. Crops are mainly corn and soybeans. And livestock is pigs and cows horses sheep turkeys chickens buffalo. and there are a lot of farms. But a lot of the small farms are disappearing.
Redline

Post by Redline »

Midwest USA here! Mostly dairy farms and corn, soybean, and grass fields. A small amount of wheat and/or barley. I've seen some 8 ft corn this season, which I'm told is really good. My grandma's friend owns an old dairy farm up north, and there was a farm in our family for awhile, but that was when my mom was a kid. I started playing a couple months ago when I saw a commercial for it on TV. I got 2013 for the Xbox 360, (accidentally, was a miscommunication with the game store guy), played it for a week, returned it, and got 2015 for my computer. Been loving it since.
~Redline
PC/Mac FTW!
thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk »

From Tennessee Here
Dell XPS 720 Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme 3.0ghz
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Patch 1.4.4 Windows 7 home
Playing through a Sanyo 50" tv
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

Still only me in Europe.... ;)

Bit lonely :(
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
trogladitez

Post by trogladitez »

Don't worry we'll show them. I'm from sw Scotland, still living on the farm i grew up on. I'm not a farmer myself, but i helped my dad, who was a farmworker, and i have worked on a farm for a couple of years when i was a teenager. That's when i realised i don't actually like farmwork, the boss being an arsehole didn't help, i just liked using the vehicles and equipment.
Serbek

Post by Serbek »

Im from Poland where mostly I was born, doing farming/harvesting crops or planting. From today I live in Irleand on County, where there is no Harvesting wheat, barley or corn. There is only huge farming based on grass cutting, manufacture it to manure, many cows and sheeps. Also, there is large company across my street which is Called McHales(baling machines).
1466 farmer

Post by 1466 farmer »

Near the Great Lakes in the USA , born and raised on a dairy farm. My father and I sold the cows a few years ago and got into crops....
Corn , soybeans , oats , rye , and dry hay. We farm 400+ acres but rent most of the farm land. I really enjoy the FS 15 close to 75 hours
So far. I wish that there were more map options.... I have games started on both maps that are well established. Looking forward to
What Giant's have in store for dlc's for the console ( x-box one ) and the next edition of farming simulater
thedevilateyou

Post by thedevilateyou »

Northern California,This state has pretty much has everything .Grew up in upstate New York on a small dairy farm. We eventually couldn't compete with large farms and went out of business .I joined the military and ended out here in the farm country in California.Walnuts ,tomatoes, rice ,cotton ,onions ,grapes ,corn ,it's all out here.50% of the U.S. produce comes from this state.Mega dairies are all over the place. 3000 head plus on most of them.

Just about every major farm equipment brands are here,even European.Challenger is used the most for tilling,John Deere planting,New Holland and Massey Ferguson for haying,Case Ih for harvesting.That's my observation.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Serbek wrote:Im from Poland where mostly I was born, doing farming/harvesting crops or planting. From today I live in Irleand on County, where there is no Harvesting wheat, barley or corn. There is only huge farming based on grass cutting, manufacture it to manure, many cows and sheeps. Also, there is large company across my street which is Called McHales(baling machines).
so there were parts of you born in other countries?