Where are we all from?

Serbek

Re: Where are we all from?

Post by Serbek »

eric21 wrote:
Serbek wrote:Im from Poland where mostly I was born, doing farming/harvesting crops or planting. From today I live in Irleand on County, where there is no Harvesting wheat, barley or corn. There is only huge farming based on grass cutting, manufacture it to manure, many cows and sheeps. Also, there is large company across my street which is Called McHales(baling machines).
so there were parts of you born in other countries?
No, I was born in Poland, read with understanding.
Keldin

Post by Keldin »

I'm from the Netherlands, 45 years old, software engineer. I have driven a tractor once or twice, but otherwise am far away from any farms.

I have about 150 hours logged on Bjornholm. Only 2 achievements left to get before I move over to Pleasant valley.
Platform=PC
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Serbek wrote:
eric21 wrote:
Serbek wrote:Im from Poland where mostly I was born, doing farming/harvesting crops or planting. From today I live in Irleand on County, where there is no Harvesting wheat, barley or corn. There is only huge farming based on grass cutting, manufacture it to manure, many cows and sheeps. Also, there is large company across my street which is Called McHales(baling machines).
so there were parts of you born in other countries?
i know :lol: its the way you said it and its just a jibe :lol: :coolnew:
Serbek

Post by Serbek »

eric21 wrote:
Serbek wrote:
eric21 wrote: so there were parts of you born in other countries?
i know :lol: its the way you said it and its just a jibe :lol: :coolnew:
Yea.. I know.
OnlyMe

Post by OnlyMe »

I live in Belgium. I'm about to turn 40 next month. I do administrative work for a logistical company, so I've got nothing to do with farming in real life :)

I've logged about 145-150 hours on Bjornholm at the moment.
Playing on PS4
Skullblits

Post by Skullblits »

Im from Northern Ireland.
New to farming? Ask questions here. viewtopic.php?f=893&t=107651

PS4 user
FarmallJod

Post by FarmallJod »

Canada,

grew up in southern New Brunswick, which is big in dairy farming....mostly M-F, IH, Ford/NH with JD and Challenger becoming popular, tractors tend to be smaller 65-150 hp range as they are used in a more utility as to big field work

currently live in Alberta, where the big toys are, mostly JD, IH, M-F, Challenger, Versatile and NH but a few Euro's tractors around (Fendt mostly) large beef cattle ranches and large wheat, grain, canola etc. farms around
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

I live in New Zealand, pretty lucky down here to have such a strong farming industry with the best land in the world.
The modern dairy shed was invented here, as was the electric fence and countless other inventions used around the world.
Also the world record for highest yielding wheat crop was set in NZ, which is funny as we don't do much cropping compared to dairying and sheep and beef.

I farm in real life, run a 750 acre bull farm, our meat mostly gets sold to McDonalds USA to add flavour and colour to the grain fed American meat.
I also do a lot of tractor driving as well, hauling rock around with a tipper for a local quarry, and working for a large agricultural contractor making silage from grass or maize.
I mostly drive Case IH equipment, so I am pleased to see them feature so strongly on the game,
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
Guil

Post by Guil »

I'm from Ireland. Live in the middle of the curragh camp where I'm surround by sheep haha.
KevinMn

Post by KevinMn »

I'm from the southern part of Denmark, which is a bit of a farming region. A lot of family members work on farms, with various things. At the moment they're harvesting mostly wheat, barley and rape. My sister works with pigs :D

I'd actually like to work with farming myself, but for now, I'm just working in a movie theater.
And I'm 24 years old, and have been playing FS since 2009 in '08 :D
mayoollie

Post by mayoollie »

I'm from the UK. Live and work in Somerset. I am 32. Worked on farms on and off since I was 14. Now I help farmers grow crops and look after them.

I have visited a lot of different countries and seen their farming there. France, Germany, Belgium Italy, Denmark, Sweden, Poland, Czech Rep. USA, Brazil, South Africa etc.
Ace of Spades? Star Trek Online? Chivalry? Farm Sim? Supreme Commander? Add me on Steam: modifiedgenes
KevinMn

Post by KevinMn »

mayoollie wrote:I'm from the UK. Live and work in Somerset. I am 32. Worked on farms on and off since I was 14. Now I help farmers grow crops and look after them.

I have visited a lot of different countries and seen their farming there. France, Germany, Belgium Italy, Denmark, Sweden, Poland, Czech Rep. USA, Brazil, South Africa etc.
Just out of curiosity, but of all the places you've visited, is there any place that kinda stands out in the way they do things farming wise? Or is everything quite similar? :)
And where were you in Denmark, and why? :)
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

BullFarmer wrote:Also the world record for highest yielding wheat crop was set in NZ, which is funny as we don't do much cropping compared to dairying and sheep and beef.
Not any more! :D

Saw a report on our local news 2 days ago, and apparently the record now belongs to a farmer here in Lincolnshire in the UK! You can see a report here! :)

I like the way that the video on the report page looks like a clip from Farming Simulator!!
Played FS2013 and FS15 on PS3
Playing FS17, FS19 and now FS22 on PS4
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
mayoollie

Post by mayoollie »

KevinMn wrote:
mayoollie wrote:I'm from the UK. Live and work in Somerset. I am 32. Worked on farms on and off since I was 14. Now I help farmers grow crops and look after them.

Just out of curiosity, but of all the places you've visited, is there any place that kinda stands out in the way they do things farming wise? Or is everything quite similar? :)
And where were you in Denmark, and why? :)
We visited a lot of farms in Denmark as part of a study tour hosted by a company with ties to Urban- a feed company there. We visited Copenhagen and Arhus.

Each place I have visited stood out in it's own way. I can't say I had any direct preference for any of them, they all had their own distinctive feel.
Ace of Spades? Star Trek Online? Chivalry? Farm Sim? Supreme Commander? Add me on Steam: modifiedgenes
Wraith32

Post by Wraith32 »

I'm british and live in the UK. I'm 32 and live in a small town near Leeds. I used to be a ICT Technician, then CSE. I've been a racing game fan and before FS would play Gran Turismo 5/6 all the time. Still do some nights when friends are on. getting bored of GT6, I started playing other PS4 games, GTAV, Assassins Creed Black Flag, Assassins Creed Unity, Far Cry 4, Driveclub, The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt, The Last of Us, Batman Arkham Knights, Project CARS. Still playing a lot of these games and haven't completed them all but got bored of some and didn't finish them. I'm an active member of GTPlanet though for Gran Turismo. I have an Xbox One and have the Forza games from Forza 5 onwards. So I love racing games. I guess you could say I'm a BIG console gamer, but also playing FS on my laptop too. So getting into PC gaming more when I can afford a better PC or laptop. I'm not a musician but I can play a bit of keyboard. I love youtube. So I can't wait to play the new PS4 Metal Gear Sold Phantom pain, Hitman, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Forza 6, Gran Turismo 7, Farming Simulator 2017. Once I can afford a decent PC I'd like to play mechanic simulator, Euro Truck 2 simulator and some other simulators.