URGENT : GAME CRASHING WITH iOS9

JayKayEm

Re: URGENT : GAME CRASHING WITH iOS9

Post by JayKayEm »

M.A.R.C. wrote:JayKayEm we are working on it. We are submitting a version again today which will allow you to send us your savegame for debugging. You will get the PM from me today. Thanks
Cheers MARC. PM returned.
FS12 on iOS (83hrs) : FS14 on iOS (72hrs & $4m) : FS16 on iOS (223hrs & $23m) : FS18 on iOS (173hrs & $46m) : FS20 on iOS (struggling !) :confusednew:
kc2dpt

Post by kc2dpt »

I had started a new game since my first game is now unplayable. That went fine for a while but now that one too is crshing. I have a theory that it might be tied to the tree logs. Like, if there are too many sitting on the ground waiting to be picked up that it causes a crash.

There may also be something tied to the logging machine, as I got a crash right after I bought it, but just once.
kc2dpt

Post by kc2dpt »

Well, I tried selling all my logs as quickly as I could and did get then all sld but the game still crashed, so it's not log related. But I think it is related to logging equipment somehow. I sold the logger, carrier, and stump grinder and so far no crash.
Navan

Post by Navan »

Tried to speed sell with your crashing game yet?
kc2dpt

Post by kc2dpt »

Spent some time with the new update last night and no crashes. I'm saving up for a logger so I can test it out, but I had the log carrier and stump grinder in play already.
kc2dpt

Post by kc2dpt »

Crashed twice so far, but not back to back. So still testing things out.
Willard123

Post by Willard123 »

Some improvements, with the back button for vehicles (nice) and the back-up works (also nice). But I am still getting crashes
M.A.R.C.
GIANTS Software | Lead Artist

Post by M.A.R.C. »

With the recent update we might not have fixed all crashes yet, however it also allowed us to properly debug JayKayEms save :hi: Thx. Looks like we found what we where never experiencing on all our test devices and therefore are fixing this specific issue. We are doing our best to quickly send another update with that fix and hopefully that will be the final one and all your savegames are back to working. :gamer: Please sit tight, don't delete your savegames, don't uninstall the app unless you backed up the savegames onto the cloud.

Best

Marc
hasab

Post by hasab »

Offtopic:
Am I right, that you are Marc Schwegler, producer and lead artist of Giants sw Gmbh?
I saw the name in the Credits. :)
Thanx Marc for all of your hard work! This iOS9 unfortunately made a lot of unexpected extra work for you, isnt it? :/
kc2dpt

Post by kc2dpt »

Still crashing. Not repeatedly at the same point, though. It'll crash, I'll restart, then it'll play for a while before crashing again. Sold the logging equipment again. Then played for a bit and bought the beet and potato equipment and then we're crashing again. Seems either random or maybe linked to number of vehicles? Not sure. Glad it's being worked on. Sorry I don't have more specific triggers for you. I used to debug code so I know what a pain this must be. I'd end up throwing printf()s or similar everywhere just to try to narrow it down. :)
M.A.R.C.

Post by M.A.R.C. »

@hasab: Thanks ;) I am and yes it is. It is vexing to say the least. Given that it is not crashing for everyone makes it extremely hard. Sofar the game has run great on my private iPhone on OS9 without any crashes. Whatver is causing the hiccups is hard to detect this way. At least we can crash kayJayEm's safegame as well now.

@kc2dpt: Thanks for your feedback and trying to narrow down the issues. Keep em coming every little bit helps.

Now since we are waiting for the next update of the game anyway which is hopefully out within the next few days, please download iOS 9.1 which was just released (... wonder why Apple is doing so many updates to their OS lately :P ) and see if that's any help.

Thanks again everyone for your patience.

Best

Marc
Willard123

Post by Willard123 »

@MARC. I am on iPad with IOS9 and will update to 9.1 as you suggest. One prevention I just discovered is sliding the GFX back to Medium. I know this was suggested previously, and I did try it before with no reduction in crashes. This time it is working (after your last update). My crashes are down to a minimum. The tracking I have done is a crash will occur more often when: 1) switching to a new vehicle, zooming in and out, 3) turning a zoomed-in vehicle to the right (makes no sense to me, but it is true), and 4) entended game play
M.A.R.C.

Post by M.A.R.C. »

Thanks Willard. Interesting to say the least :) - What iPad version is it?
Sonicparker

Post by Sonicparker »

@MARC. Today updated to latest version FS16 on iPad running iOS 9.1. Game is constantly crashing now. When I have multiple helpers and I switch from machine to machine. My progress is wiped out. The update was to FS 1.0.4 and I was already at iOS 9.1 before update.
Willard123

Post by Willard123 »

@MARC. It is an iPad 2, model A1475. I think, for me at least, this is a resource issue.