Fertilizing grass

FHDually

Fertilizing grass

Post by FHDually »

I am trying to figure out if fertilizing the grass fields, with any of the several types of fertilizer available, does any improvement for taller or thicker grass to make a better harvest. It seems to me that to fertilize does not accomplish anything buy a waste of time without any improvement, but in real life it promotes growth and quality. Does anyone have an answer to this?
One thing that I question about the equipment is on the Seeder "Vaderstad Rapid A 600S. It has a built in cultivator but still still must be cultivated separately. In the PC 15 version is was a stand alone cultivator/seeder. The work really speeded up by upgrading to it, but it also required a higher horse power tractor to pull it, being that it is two pieces of equipment into one. I hope that this unit can be recognized as a two stage unit and do away with having to cultivate twice.
Thank You
hasab

Re: Fertilizing grass

Post by hasab »

Hi.

If the sprayer's percentage decreases when you use it on any field, it fertilizes that field and it will have some effect on the field. If the percentage stands still when you use the sprayer and not decreases, it means the field either fertilized before, or it cant be fertilized and it wont have any effect.

Anyway I think the meadows/grass fields can not be fertilized in FS16 mobile version.

Regards,
hasab
Navan

Post by Navan »

Actually they can be, it will use fertilizer and the grass field will noticeably change color. That said it does not improve anything that I've seen about grass. It always yields the same amount and from what I can tell it grows in the same amount of time. So watch out and don't use any by mistake on a grass field or it goes to waste.

The dual purpose seeder/cultuvator really doing that sure would be nice!
hasab

Post by hasab »

If the dual purpose seeder / cultivator doesnt work but it should work, then that's a bug so someone could notice that in the Bugs topic.

@Navan: Do you know which version the grass fertilizing works from? Maybe from 1.0.1.x? I didnt noticed it in the early versions like in 1.0.0.x.
FHDually

Post by FHDually »

I assumed the seeder was set to double work intentionally, I didn't consider it being over looked or a bug. I now have some hope that maybe this will be looked into. The time saved would be enormous.
I have been fertilizing the grass right up until a few weeks ago when I considered i was just wasting time (I was using slurry).
Navan

Post by Navan »

Believe ever since i bought the game which was in the 1.0.0.x range.

As for the seeder, i suspect it's more intentional that it only does seeding. It's power needs are a lot less to use then the largest cultivator. If it was dual use then I'd feel only the largest tractor ought to be using it. As it stands the last two tractors have nothing I've found that makes the power difference necessary since they are the same speed. Please note I've not tested with dolly and the big tailers on those tractors, that may show a difference.

That said it's possible the plan was to make it dual use with the biggest tractor being the best choice to use it. One can hope that maybe they couldn't get the mobile version to work out of the gate, but left everything in case they could.