New items in recent update!

Navan

New items in recent update!

Post by Navan »

Just wanted to say thanks for the new items! The faster but not as powerful tractor looks to be a very sweet addition to the mix of the tractors. The new cultivator appears to be the same as the largest one from FS14, though man is it long and it makes me tempted to not upgrade my cultivators because of the length. I know the large fertilizers have issues on some fields just due to their length, now tie that with this bad boys width and i wonder if I'll be redoing several field strategies.

One thing in the new tractor, it's 10k cheaper then the case 3, 10hp less then the NH, but appears to be faster in everything(even activated equipment where it was 2km/hr faster). Perhaps I tried the wrong equipment where the new excels. But still it concerns me that the power needs feel almost neglected as prior to this, the NH seemed to handle all farm implements equally and same max speed and is cheaper then the Case 3. Please note I'm not including what the Cam pulls, as i prefer it over the using a tractor and dolly.

All that said who all thinks they'll swap out their cultivators and tractors for the new ones? I'm pretty confident I'll be "downgrading" much of my tractor fleet for the speed gain. The cultivator will probably happen to unless i find any fields that fail miserably using it.

Keep up the hard work devs and i hope you give us more toys to play with!
Ggorman

Re: New items in recent update!

Post by Ggorman »

I like the look of the new tractor and that it's faster. I thought it would be perfect for making those long runs to deliver great demand items, but it has a problem with the hired help. They don't seem to know its width to get around obstacles as they do for the other trackers. It always gets stuck in the little S-curve through the mountain pass just south of the cow pasture, for instance, as well as other places. I'll just keep these tractors for working fields which the hired help can handle just fine.

Geo
Navan

Post by Navan »

For great demand and trailer missions, you can use the lizard truck.
Ggorman

Post by Ggorman »

Thanks, Navan. Sure the Lizard pickup works for that, though it feels odd with that big trailer likely heavier than the pulling vehicle. I think I'll use it as you said though. In the meantime, the hired help cannot control the new JCB tractor. I cannot trust it for any sort of delivery including great demands, trailer missions, and tending a harvester with a trailer where he gets stuck on the way to storage when the trailer is full.

It works great for running the cultivator, sower, and fertilizer though.

Geo
Navan

Post by Navan »

Yeah realistically many of the trailers are pushing it for the lizard. It appears modeled after a Dodge Ram, and the best i can find is 29k pound towing capacity on the commercial 5500 Chasis Ram. Going for a typical car lot is gonna be around 12-15k pound capacity. The Kampe Bandit 750(largest trailer tractors can pull without the dolly) has a max loaded weight of 52k pounds. If you look at dry weight though, the truck can barely handle it.

Now all that said, these are the numbers given that the companies involved would stand behind. Someone could modify the truck to pull more, though 52k pounds is likely outside the limit of the engines.

If curious, the area of the bandit is about 26m^3 which is about 730 bushels. Brief search claimed corn at max was around 70 pounds a bushel and at that volume, it matches almost perfectly to the bandits max weight.

All that said it works in game so I'm going to stick to using the lizard.
Ggorman

Post by Ggorman »

The new cultivator does not fail miserably, at least where I'm using it. I'm still using the older cultivator for the home farm fields as they're small so don't need the extra width. I bought a new one for the big field near the fuel stop with the washer. It works perfectly there. I have another for the fields near the other fuel stop. The only trouble I see is that the hired driver lowers it too soon, so it clears out little semicircles of the field next to it. I fix that by cultivating both fields before planting the bigger one. I haven't yet purchased the gigantic field, but I assume it will work well there.

Geo
Navan

Post by Navan »

Good to know on the cultivating the other fields. The largest fertilizers all do that as well, which usually for fertilizing isn't an issue. Cultivating doing it as well is going to be "interesting".
hasab

Post by hasab »

Ggorman wrote: ... The only trouble I see is that the hired driver lowers it too soon, so it clears out little semicircles of the field next to it. ... Geo
Yes, I can confirm that the new, biggest cultivator clears out at least two or three small semi circles on the nearby fields at turning. Use it only on those fields that are not too close to each other or as Geo mentioned above first cultivate then plant and there will be no problem.

Even though I gladly welcome the new items!! *thumbsup*