FS16 Questions & Answers

hasab

FS16 Questions & Answers

Post by hasab »

If anyone has any question about FS16 gameplay, here is the place for that.
hasab

Re: FS16 Questions & Answers - Is there any difference between plowing and cultivating the field?

Post by hasab »

Is there any difference between plowing and cultivating the field?

Which is the best method for sowing and why?
A: Plow, cultivate, sow, fertilize.
B: Plow, sow, fertilize.
C: Cultivate, sow, fertilize.
Last edited by hasab on Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Navan

Re: FS16 Questions & Answers

Post by Navan »

Plow vs cultivate? Is this a different attachment?

Otherwise myself I've seen no difference in any of the following.
Fertilizing, plowing sowing
Plowing, fertilizing, sowing
Plowing, sowing, fertilizing

All have yielded that I've ever noticed the same amount of crop.
hasab

Post by hasab »

Navan wrote:Plow vs cultivate? Is this a different attachment?

Otherwise myself I've seen no difference in any of the following.
Fertilizing, plowing sowing
Plowing, fertilizing, sowing
Plowing, sowing, fertilizing

All have yielded that I've ever noticed the same amount of crop.
The field can not be fertilized right after harvesting, only after plowing or cultivating if my observation is right so the "Fertilizing, plowing sowing" can not be carried out.
If plowing and cultivating has the same effect, then what is the purpose of the two different stuff?
hasab

Post by hasab »

Navan wrote:Plow vs cultivate? Is this a different attachment?
I think so, because IMO the plow with its big curvy iron shovels goes much deeper into the ground than the cultivator with its small disks which only smooth out the field.
In the shop the first one of the three cultivators is a plow, the second is a cultivator with discs, and the third I think is a combined plow-cultivator device.
So I dont know that is there any difference between using only the plow and then sow, or using only the cultivator and then sow. Maybe the devs programmed some difference or maybe the difference is only in the width and the price.
Navan

Post by Navan »

Ah I see what you mean, i only use the big one myself. It might also explain why only the largest tractor(s?) can even pull that monster at 20. I believe though all three do the same thing plow/cultivate, just that they are different sizes (could very well be wrong as i skipped the middle one).

As for fertilizing, found out when I was positioning a fertilizer without turning it off (was such a slow tractor that I didn't notice it was slower) that it sprayed the harvested but unplowed fields. If you watch, it graphically changes as the fertilizer runs, then everything after will remain in a fertilized appearance. Seems sensible that fertilizing too early should have no effect, but then again it also makes sense too the other way. If nothing but a growing crop can remove it, then the time you fertilize shouldn't matter, just as long as the crop hasn't finished growing.
hasab

Post by hasab »

Navan wrote:...As for fertilizing, found out when I was positioning a fertilizer without turning it off (was such a slow tractor that I didn't notice it was slower) that it sprayed the harvested but unplowed fields. If you watch, it graphically changes as the fertilizer runs, then everything after will remain in a fertilized appearance. Seems sensible that fertilizing too early should have no effect, but then again it also makes sense too the other way. If nothing but a growing crop can remove it, then the time you fertilize shouldn't matter, just as long as the crop hasn't finished growing.
I just tried it out and you are right, I can fertilize the field right after harvesting.
hasab

Re: FS16 Questions & Answers: When will the Milk and Wool production stop?

Post by hasab »

I wonder when will the Milk and Wool production stop?
I know that if the Milk container or the Wool tipper is full when I attach a hauler to it, I can send them to sell the goods, then when the container stands back to its place, it is filled up again partially or fully.
So how many times can the milk or wool container be filled up fully?
And how do I know when the production stopped if it can stop?
Navan

Post by Navan »

From what I've seen, production only stops when you either run out of grass or the barn maxes out. There is a percent value in the stats screen showing how full the barn is and the only time i let that hit 100% by mistake, the other number never went higher(didn't record the value at the time) but i do believe grass kept being eaten.

From what I've been able to determine, the barn capacity for wool and milk is 14k each. The wool and milk trailers are 10k each.

So while looking to figure out the capacities, i found out milk is only gathered twice a day, evening and morning. It appears capped at 750 a gathering leaving you only able to gather 1500 a day in milk. The amount gathered and % implies the milk barn capacity may be 15k, but the values also fit 14k, figure 14k is "close enough" in this case. Note that Wool is constantly being harvested and I've not checked how much per day is produced. Grass usage is also different between the two with cows eating more.
Ggorman

Post by Ggorman »

On fertilizing before cultivating, I've found also that it's okay in most cases. When harvesting wheat, I usually pick up the straw for the biogas plant to make fertilizer. One time, I fertilized before gathering the straw and found a marked difference in yield. Even the graphics shows it become little piles along the swath. I don't understand the reasoning behind it, but it seems intentional with the graphics changing as well. Still, the fields remained fertilized after gathering and cultivating.

On the difference between cultivating and plowing, there is a difference in the PC version, but not here. In the PC version, you can plow up grass to make fields larger or even combine fields. The cultivator doesn't do that, only the plow.

Geo
hasab

Post by hasab »

Yes, and the plow goes much deeper in the ground visually as the cultivator in the FS15 PC version. Also there is a sowing machine which has a built-in plow and cultivator so you dont need to seperately plow and sow but the machine does the two steps in one go. I miss that feature from FS16 mobile version.
Guil

Post by Guil »

In the console and pic version the vaderstad rapid sowing machine cultivates and sows at the same time. The biggest sowing machine does the same but I forget the name of it
Moltac123

Post by Moltac123 »

Hey guys! How do I sell machinery on Farming Simulator 2016 for the Ipad? I can't figure it out and I accidentally bought a header I can't use for the time being.
hasab

Post by hasab »

Moltac123 wrote:Hey guys! How do I sell machinery on Farming Simulator 2016 for the Ipad? I can't figure it out and I accidentally bought a header I can't use for the time being.
Go to the shop menu, go to the header you just bought and sell it with the sell button which is the red basket sign near the blue basket buy icon. You will see how many pieces you have of the particular tool or vehicle when you are in the shop. And you can see on the red basket sign how much money you will get for that tool.
Last edited by hasab on Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Navan

Post by Navan »

In the shop screen there should be a red basket with a ^ above it and a value listed that is less then the buy value next to the green basket button to the left. Tapping that will sell the item in question. Please note that it sells based on age or if it's attached to the current tractor/harvester you're using.