FARMING SIMULATOR 15 UPDATE : NEW CONTENT AND OPTIMIZATION.

thunderhawk

Re: FARMING SIMULATOR 15 UPDATE : NEW CONTENT AND OPTIMIZATION.

Post by thunderhawk »

UPDATE To the error message people is getting yes I had That Message as well and like Der tod said this was my issue I had moved my fs 15 to a secondary drive due to my primary was full game worked fine but would not update I reinstalled game back to the drive I wanted it on and all is good now just so you know
Dell XPS 720 Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme 3.0ghz
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Patch 1.4.4 Windows 7 home
Playing through a Sanyo 50" tv
Wez

Post by Wez »

I never moved the game or anything like that, thats why its wierd that it happened. Oh well, did install it again, as much as i love doing that. *thumbsdown*
nicktucker78

Post by nicktucker78 »

How can I revert back to an earlier version? Since I updated to 1.4.2 the game is choppy and unplayable.
modelleicher

Post by modelleicher »

Uninstall FS15 then reinstall it and install the older patch.. Don't forget to make a backup of your MyGames folder so you can keep your savegames and mods.
Eine Stunde oder Minute ist nur ein winziger Teil unseres gesamten Lebens. Und dennoch sind es die einzelnen Momente, die das Leben lebenswert machen.
nicktucker78

Post by nicktucker78 »

modelleicher wrote:Uninstall FS15 then reinstall it and install the older patch.. Don't forget to make a backup of your MyGames folder so you can keep your savegames and mods.

Is there a way I can get an older patch from Giants? I uninstalled and reinstalled, but I have not saved the last couple patches anywhere. I only have the 1.1 and 1.2.
clodhopper51

Post by clodhopper51 »

for you folks having trouble with the black screen and input not supported go to the files and set fullscreen to "0" and set the screen resolution to a lesser setting that is what I did to get it to launch then take the windowed mode off and set the resolution in the game's controls area.
Vanquis081

Post by Vanquis081 »

Hello, the FPS down when I exit to desktop and back to the game, my pc isn't xtrem gaming but is good:

i5 4690
GTX 760 (driver update yesterday 24-05-2016)
16 GB Ram
SSD 128 GB

The configuration video setting is:

High
1920 x 1080 (16:9)
Antiliasing - 4
Filter - 8
Vsync - No
Adaptative Vsync - No
Windows Mode - No

Occasionally it appears as a wave from the bottom of the screen up.

Last edited by Vanquis081 on Wed May 25, 2016 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vanquish81
PC: - i7 9700k / RTX 2070 Super / G.Skill 32 Gb ram / MSI Z390-A PRO - :PC
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Vanquis081 wrote:Hello, the FPS down when I exit to desktop and back to the game, my pc isn't xtrem gaming but is good:

i5 4690
GTX 760 (driver update yesterday 24-05-2016)
16 GB Ram
SSD 128 GB

The configuration video setting is:

High
1920 x 1080 (16:9)
Antiliasing - 4
Filter - 8
Vsync - No
Adaptative Vsync - No
Windows Mode - No
I have had this before, close out of the game, then re-enter the game and should be good *thumbsup*
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Vanquis081

Post by Vanquis081 »

This isn't solution, only happens with this game, is problem of the game.

FS17 also runs in Open GL?
Vanquish81
PC: - i7 9700k / RTX 2070 Super / G.Skill 32 Gb ram / MSI Z390-A PRO - :PC
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Vanquis081 wrote:This isn't solution, only happens with this game, is problem of the game.

FS17 also runs in Open GL?
Well, its the best you can do. I noticed if you have other programs as well running it can affect it too.

Yes FS 17, will run in Open GL.

How to post your log.txt
danielhawkins

Post by danielhawkins »

the FPS down when I exit to desktop and back to the game
I am not entirely sure what you mean here but I am guessing you mean you exit game via the Windows key or Task Manager (without quitting the game) then go back in again. Are you saying these FPS drops are when you get the wave going up your screen?

Code: Select all

Vsync - No

Code: Select all

Occasionally it appears as a wave from the bottom of the screen up.
These to piece of info I have highlighted is why you get the wave. The wave is called screen tearing and it should look like a blurry line about 10-15mm thick that runs a path vertically up/down your screen.
This is caused because you have "V-Sync" turned off therefore the Frame Rate of the game is not the same as the refresh rate of your monitor and thus causing the tearing. Most recommend leaving "V-Sync" on as it eliminates screen tearing altogether. It will lock your frame rate to 60FPS if your screen has a 60Htz refresh rate, or 144FPS if you have a real nice new monitor that will refresh at 144Htz.
What ever it is I just said; I could be wrong!
Farming on FS17
"PC"
-MSI Gaming Pro Carbon RGB
-Intel i7 6850K Hexacore 3.6gHz-3.9gHz
-32GB RAM
-MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB
-Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 1TB
-Win 10 Pro 64-Bit
-Logitech G710+, Corsair M65 PRO RGB
-Samsung SyncMaster B2240
How to find and post your Log.txt
SenSeo

Post by SenSeo »

I had bad screen tear and changing the settings didn't work.Then i changed the refresh of the display to 59 and the screen tear was gone like magic.
That was a while back.Today i read this post and i was thinking let me just check my monitor settings and see if it's still on 59.To my surprise it was now on 60 BUT now it is locked and there is no other option but that's okay because now there is no screen tear :)
Oh well,computers eh,always something,one problem is solved and another one presents itself...

Just a question,what is the advantage of having 144fps?
[Windows 10 Pro running from Kingston ssd,Asus Maximus IX Hero,I7 7700K,Crucial 16gb RAM,MSI GTX 960 4gb,PS4 controller via usb]
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

SenSeo wrote:Just a question,what is the advantage of having 144fps?
You will not lag as easily, IMO I think having that much is pretty darn good! I would leave it that way, that will be very useful when it comes to heavily modded maps. *thumbsup*

How to post your log.txt
danielhawkins

Post by danielhawkins »

In Farming Simulator you most likely will not notice any difference! It is mainly for FPS and Racing games to get a crisper image while the frame changes. If you are in a race car and the screen refreshes 144 times every second then it is going to give a clearer image on fast paced or quick scene changing games such as FPS and racing than a screen that refreshes 60 times a second. It is like a video camera, the faster FPS you can get it to take a video at the clearer and smoother the video appears. A monitor works the same way, the faster it refreshes the faster every little change in the game is displayed thus producing a smoother feel to the game.
I haven't experience screen tearing in other games at different FPS. For example when I played battlefield I never had tearing at 200FPS even with a screen refresh rate of 60 htz. In FS15 it seems if you dare set the FPS different to refresh rate it tears.
What ever it is I just said; I could be wrong!
Farming on FS17
"PC"
-MSI Gaming Pro Carbon RGB
-Intel i7 6850K Hexacore 3.6gHz-3.9gHz
-32GB RAM
-MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB
-Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 1TB
-Win 10 Pro 64-Bit
-Logitech G710+, Corsair M65 PRO RGB
-Samsung SyncMaster B2240
How to find and post your Log.txt
doc2251

Post by doc2251 »

Hi Guys, i am trying to download the classic DLC on a Macbook Air. I cant get the download to show in the game and dont know how to move the file to the game. Any help would be appriciated. Thanks