Mature (PC) Gamer looking for like minded Co-op Players

SaltySherman

Mature (PC) Gamer looking for like minded Co-op Players

Post by SaltySherman »

I'm 57 years old & live in the Central U.S. I've been playing FS13 & FS15 off & on for over 1K hours, mostly single player.

I recently started playing a new map that I find very interesting, Hemp Valley Acres. It's an edited version of Pleasant Valley 15 by Gu_Draves. The map is the same size as PV15 & incorporates the same awesome features; (Quarrying, Factory building, Extensive Production chains, etc). But, he's reconfigured it to make it more Co-op friendly for fewer players.

I've setup a Dedicated Server that is Password protected & will run 24/7 for our Crew to access.

There are currently 3 of us on the crew & we still have room for 1 or 2 more players. We are currently operating the Crew as a Co-Operative, we each have a say in the decision making. We are currently using Dolby Axon for our in game communication.

We are still looking to find one or more Mature players that are enjoyable to play with us & that would be willing to settle on a Map & stick with it long enough to actually develop it. Having a Mic & willingness to use our chat program is necessary.

If you feel you fit this description & would be interested in giving it a try, fill free to send me a PM or post a reply here.

I'll be willing to discuss more details, after receiving some appropriate responses - Thanks, "Salty"
Last edited by SaltySherman on Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
mayoollie

Re: Mature (PC) Gamer looking for like minded Co-op Players

Post by mayoollie »

SaltySherman wrote:I'm 57 years old & live in the Central U.S. I've been playing FS13 & FS15 off & on for over 1K hours, mostly single player.

I've tried playing some MP, but have not found players that either knew how act or would actually play for more than a few days without constantly wanting to change to different Maps without ever settling on one long enough to develop it.

I recently started playing a new map that I find very interesting, Hemp Valley Acres. It's an edited version of Pleasant Valley 15 by Gu_Draves. The map is the same size as PV15 & incorporates the same awesome features. But, he's reconfigure it to make it more Co-op friendly for fewer players.

I'm looking to find one or more Mature players that are enjoyable to play with & that would be willing to settle on a Map & stick with it long enough to actually develop it. Having a Mic & willingness to use a Voice Chat program is necessary.

If you feel you fit this description & would be interested in giving it a try, fill free to send me a PM or post a reply here.

I'll be willing to discuss more details, including other Map considerations, after receiving some appropriate responses - Thanks, "Salty"

Hi mate

I am 33 and run a dedicated server, only concern is that you might have a dodgy ping being from the US- the server lives in Germany.

You are welcome to try though. We don't change maps, we do change mods slightly but they can be downloaded from the server webpage each time easily.

Thanks
Ace of Spades? Star Trek Online? Chivalry? Farm Sim? Supreme Commander? Add me on Steam: modifiedgenes
SaltySherman

Post by SaltySherman »

I appreciate your offer Mayoollie, I'll keep it in mind. I feel the difference in Time Zones, as well as the distance to the server may be a problem. I'm hoping to find players in or near my TZ.
Farmboy1539

Post by Farmboy1539 »

Hey Salty,

Are you still looking for more people?

I'm also in the central time zone and usually play most evenings. I played just a little bit of FS13 but have been playing FS15 since it came out. I usually like to play more realistically since I come from an agriculture background. I do have a microphone and have both teamspeak and ventrilo either of which is fine with me. I'm pretty familiar with Pleasant Valley so I understand how the mechanics of the map, factories, and such work.

I did some searching and found Hemp Valley Acres, looks like the layout is definitely interesting. Still looks like a lot of trucking though! I'm definitely willing to give the map a shot but I'm certainly open to other options if a change is decided. I also have a rented server that's located in the US that I usually play on by myself (again more realistic that way so I don't have to fast forward game time) that I'm also open to using if we would need to. One question for you though, do you/your crew mod friendly or run any mods? If you do do you use a few or a lot, and are you open to others/new ones?

Thanks!
SaltySherman

Post by SaltySherman »

I appreciate your interest Farmboy1539. I'm still just trying to get some compatible players together & am very interested in talking with you about the best way to proceed. It sounds like you could teach me a lot about the PV15 operations. I've watched a few videos & played a few days as a laborer with a couple of guys. From there it been a couple weeks of trial & error!

I have a public Link setup to my Google Drive that post 1 Zip for the Map & another Zip for all the current Mods. In addition, I included a Mods folder with all the Mods listed individually for for easier Mod updates.

I will send you PM, to share contact info, so we can arrange a time to talk. - Thanks, Salty
vinnygran55

Re: Mature (PC) Gamer

Post by vinnygran55 »

Hi Salty
No problem on the messages - Appreciate ur reply and am sure we can arrange a meeting - since I'm new to connecting with this msg board and not sure how to send a friend
request - so will check with u thursday and see if we can connect at the same time -
vinnygran
SaltySherman

Post by SaltySherman »

Hi Vinnygran55, If you haven't already checked your email, I sent you a couple of emails last night.

The last one gives you a heads up about what we're planning to do night. I also included the access info for you to be able to login to the Team Speak channel that I plan to setup again tonight about 6 PM CDT.

I hope you're able to join us there. Thanks, Salty
vinnygran55

Post by vinnygran55 »

Hi Salty

Got ur emails - great - sent a request friend thru Steam - also sending u an email pls check it

VinnyG