Farming Simulator 17 coming end of 2016

Lord Nighthawk

Re: Farming Simulator 17 coming end of 2016

Post by Lord Nighthawk »

You get tons of crash, lag, stuttering reports for every game on the market, that´s nothing special or FS15 related. And if it´s on PC it´s in 90% of the cases a user, driver, virus related problem.

I read the forums and can´t see some highly increased rates of crash/stuttering rants here compared to other games.
Jap_Girl

Post by Jap_Girl »

Lord Nighthawk wrote:You get tons of crash, lag, stuttering reports for every game on the market, that´s nothing special or FS15 related. And if it´s on PC it´s in 90% of the cases a user, driver, virus related problem.

I read the forums and can´t see some highly increased rates of crash/stuttering rants here compared to other games.
I have a brand new high end gaming rig, top tier Internet and no virus. Every other games I run are smooth as butter. This game...... lol nope. You must not be reading very carefully.
Lord Nighthawk

Post by Lord Nighthawk »

Jap_Girl wrote:I have a brand new high end gaming rig, top tier Internet and no virus. Every other games I run are smooth as butter. This game...... lol nope. You must not be reading very carefully.
If you have a personal technical problem with the game visit the support section, post your log and system specs there. Else i am a very careful reader and actually i only see a single users problem who tries to exxagerate it to a global one.
Jap_Girl

Post by Jap_Girl »

Lord Nighthawk wrote:
Jap_Girl wrote:I have a brand new high end gaming rig, top tier Internet and no virus. Every other games I run are smooth as butter. This game...... lol nope. You must not be reading very carefully.
If you have a personal technical problem with the game visit the support section, post your log and system specs there. Else i am a very careful reader and actually i only see a single users problem who tries to exxagerate it to a global one.
Whatever dude, I'm done arguing with you. I am going out and have an intelligent conversation. bye
Lord Nighthawk

Post by Lord Nighthawk »

:hi:
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

Lord Nighthawk wrote:
Jap_Girl wrote:2008??!!! That's pitiful and shameful.
You maybe should inform yourself before stating such nonsense. Bethesda for example is running their Gamebryo engine since Elder Scrolls 3 - that´s from 2002. This engine also only got slight improvements from version to version over the years. Every Engine has it´s pro and cons, and the Giants engine has totally different requirements for the game. Other engines stream their data while playing while the farming simulator has to load the complete map in one step - the reason for that is that the helper is able to work with multiple vehicles at multiple fields over the whole map at the same time.

And i am playing on PC and don´t see "a lot of lagging and crashing". Game works fine and compared to other games it rarely crashes all 3-4 weeks a single time.
Jap_Girl wrote:I am going to start an online movement to get everyone to get on Giants to change this.
Whatever you think is required to make you happy...
Lord NightHawk,

I'm not sure how you play farm and what mods you use. But some of the mods I have used aren't compatible with other mods and maps therefore causing a crash. Also I have experienced lag both on ps4 and pc without mods. So maybe you are the type who plays without mods but this is my experience with farm. JapGirl is completely right in what she says. Giants should be developing more of their content instead of letting modders do it for them. This game has potential to become better than it is now. Yes I could play the game completely without mods but to be honest I already did that on PS4. I believe people use mods on PC because they are seeking more content and new possibilities with farm that the developers aren't creating. The main point here is to improve farm. If Giant's engine can't do more than it's already done then it's time for a change and fresh start on a new engine that can deliver. So that's why I personally suggested Unreal Engine.
Lord Nighthawk

Post by Lord Nighthawk »

I play with tons of mods, but i put them in one by one (not all at once), test them a while and check the logs and when errors appear the causing mod gets dropped out of my mods folder immediatly - even if i like the vehicle or whatever it was. The game is modable from it´s lowest scripting base and there is a giant load of modders out there that don´t really have a good knowledge about what they are doing and what parts of the engine/scripting they should touch and what not - and so we have tons of mods out there that only cause errors and incompabilities to other mods. But this is not Giants fault, it´s the modders not testing their stuff and just dropping stuff after stuff in the shortest time.

To the content thing:

I again grab the compairson to Bethesda - Bethesda has about 90 persons more working on content and it still takes them 4-6 months to push it out. So in compairson Giants is not really slow in delivering.

Giants themself is a small team and so it takes it´s time for to create dlc stuff while they parallel work on the next gen version. There was a screenshot collection out there somewhere some days ago that showed clearly that farming simulator heavily improved in all directions from 2008 up to now, and it will again do with the upcoming FS17 - we just don´t know yet how big these changes will be.
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

Lord Nighthawk wrote:I play with tons of mods, but i put them in one by one (not all at once), test them a while and check the logs and when errors appear the causing mod gets dropped out of my mods folder immediatly - even if i like the vehicle or whatever it was. The game is modable from it´s lowest scripting base and there is a giant load of modders out there that don´t really have a good knowledge about what they are doing and what parts of the engine/scripting they should touch and what not - and so we have tons of mods out there that only cause errors and imcompabilities to other mods. But this is not Giants fault, it´s the modders not testing their stuff and just dropping stuff after stuff in the shortest time.

To the content thing:

I again grab the compairson to Bethesda - Bethesda has about 90 persons more working on content and it still takes them 4-6 months to push it out. So in compairson Giants is not really slow in delivering.

Giants themself is a small team and so it takes it´s time for to create dlc stuff while they parallel work on the next gen version. There was a screenshot collection out there somewhere some days ago that showed clearly that farming simulator heavily improved in all directions from 2008 up to now, and it will again do with the upcoming FS17 - we just don´t know yet how big these changes will be.

Yes that is a good idea in adding mods one by one verses all at once. My friend and I do that as well and we test the mods. You are correct that some of these modders do not have the knowledge in what they are doing and yes I know that this isn't Giant's fault. However, they do allow the modders to post their mods to be used in their game. So I would hope they would at least have some sort of structured coding guideline or approval process to check their coding. I understand mods are "use at your own risk"

I have played Bethesda games and I know Elder Scrolls graphics aren't up to par as that's the style they want to portray. But that doesn't mean farm simulator shouldn't improve their graphics or game. I guess the reason why I want farm simulator to have the best graphics possible and to run strong and stable is because it's a simulator game and elder scrolls as well as any game Bethesda has made has not been a simulator game. This is what stands them a part from each other.

I hope farm does improve for the 2017 version and for future versions to come. I don't think they realize how many people depend on this game and truly enjoy playing it with their friends. Everyone has different reasons for the games they play. Games are a way to have fun with friends and family. Games are used as a stress reliever and an escape from the real world. Games become someone's joy, peace and passion. I know it makes a huge impact on them that the game continues to develop and improve overall.
scinfaxi

Post by scinfaxi »

As a suggestion, I would love to see Combine Harvesters be able to unload into one another as a chain. Here's a video of what I mean. Look at time stamp 1:13 and on to see how Combines can unload into each other's hoppers. Would be cool to see this feature in 17.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ach2qHGIJts
Albert Wesker

Post by Albert Wesker »

This is a feature you can use in FS 15. You need to change
<allowFillFromAir value="false" /> in the xml file of the combine of your choice.

Change it to <allowFillFromAir value="true" /> , so you can do what you suggested.
scinfaxi

Post by scinfaxi »

Albert Wesker wrote:This is a feature you can use in FS 15. You need to change
<allowFillFromAir value="false" /> in the xml file of the combine of your choice.

Change it to <allowFillFromAir value="true" /> , so you can do what you suggested.

ah see I can't because I play on console. I want this to be a standard feature for all games.
Albert Wesker

Post by Albert Wesker »

Didnt know you are playing on console. (=
ZomBSlayr

Post by ZomBSlayr »

Maybe we get some anhydrous ammonia going in FS17....? And maybe some grain bins on the American map... *thumbsup*
JonasVdv170

Post by JonasVdv170 »

Hello,

1. it's a very good game.
2. maybe some good idees for future games:
- I live in a region with a lot of fruit variety, like appels, pears, strawberries,... => plantations with fruit trees, machinery for fruit care, products for fruit diseases
=> strawberry fields
- because of the barly, you can also ad hop => brewery for beer
- grape plantations => wine production
- some new brands => fendt, jhon deere, massey ferguson, ...
- and this!!! => https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n_qPSagQ3c

Kind regards
Jonas
xperience247

Post by xperience247 »

I honestly can't wait for Farming Simulator 17 to be released, however I hope they have resolved the issue with the synchronization on multiplayer mode and improved gameplay on multiplayer games.

Let's also hope that they have stopped the glitches from occurring, for a smoother approach on the gameplay. I hope that they have bigger loader implements too and have better maps, with bigger and better machinery and more choice on the game.

BRING ON FARMING SIMULATOR 17! It's going to be AWESOME. I'm definitely purchasing it!