Post by JohnDeere318 »

Great! :D
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
danhild

Re: Saitek wheel disconnecting ...

Post by danhild »

Hello

i hade the same problem with my weel. its a compatibility issue with USB 3.0 u need to use a usb 2.0 this work for me anyway :confusednew:

Im running
Windows 10
Motherbord: msi z97-s02
Cpu: intel I7 4790k @ 4.4GHZ
Gpu: Nvidia Gtx 980 TI
Memmory: 16gig
Asus monitor 4K @ 60hz
W1der

Post by W1der »

danhild wrote:Hello

i hade the same problem with my weel. its a compatibility issue with USB 3.0 u need to use a usb 2.0 this work for me anyway :confusednew:

Im running
Windows 10
Motherbord: msi z97-s02
Cpu: intel I7 4790k @ 4.4GHZ
Gpu: Nvidia Gtx 980 TI
Memmory: 16gig
Asus monitor 4K @ 60hz
Oh ...
My iMac only have 3.0

Why didnt giants support tell me this ...
(I didnt bother to contact Saitek.)

But my new wheel seems to be working anyways!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

USB 3.0 is backward compatible to USB 2.0. Means you can connect the Saitek wheel to USB 3.0 ports, if you don't have any 2.0 ports. Works fine.
W1der

Post by W1der »

bassaddict wrote:USB 3.0 is backward compatible to USB 2.0. Means you can connect the Saitek wheel to USB 3.0 ports, if you don't have any 2.0 ports. Works fine.
Thats what I thought ... Well ... in "theory" this would work anyways.

But as it seems danhild had this same problem and solved it by connecting the controller to a USB 2.0 port.
This is to be considered as a fact (as it is tested and proven to work) ... and facts always "trumps" theory.

Anyways ... If this is a compatibility problem I will soon enough find out as this would in that case recur with my setup.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
W1der

Post by W1der »

Sad to say ...

I got my Saitek controller kit replaced from the retailer.
It has been working flawlessly since I got it ... but ... now this is repeating itself.
After about the same amount of playing hours (around 150 hours) it started disconnecting.

Am I the only one having this problem?
Marcel52

Post by Marcel52 »

I have the same prob only with fs15 when I use it with ATS or ETS2 then Its running just fine.
Only sins 2 says I have the same prob as W1der and its happen with SP and MP And yes I used usb 2.0
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Marcel52 wrote:I have the same prob only with fs15 when I use it with ATS or ETS2 then Its running just fine.
Only sins 2 says I have the same prob as W1der and its happen with SP and MP And yes I used usb 2.0
Did you read through the posts? I think he got it solved, but this is for Mac, not Windows.

How to post your log.txt
W1der

Post by W1der »

Meowmixer75 wrote:
Marcel52 wrote:I have the same prob only with fs15 when I use it with ATS or ETS2 then Its running just fine.
Did you read through the posts? I think he got it solved, but this is for Mac, not Windows.
Well ...

I had it happen again a couple of times.

Saitek support is contacted for advice.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

W1der wrote:
Meowmixer75 wrote:
Well ...

I had it happen again a couple of times.

Saitek support is contacted for advice.
Oh yeah that's right. I kind of forgot, since it has been awhile.

How to post your log.txt
W1der

Post by W1der »

I am sad to say that I eventually got the exact same problem with my second wheel ...
The error was first intermittent and only showing with several hours (days actually) of gameplay in between ... but the past days it rapidly got more common ...
Today it happened 1 time ... then an hour later, then after about 30 min, 10 min, 5 min and finally it just started disconnecting a few seconds in to the game session.

As this is my second Saitek controller with the exact same error ... I am surprised that "google" is not showing a lot of complaints about this.
Am I a guy with extremely bad luck?

Anyways ... as I said before ... this time I got Saitek support "on line" and I was just waiting to see if my problem got to this stage (as it did).
Emailed them today and I am now waiting for their respons on how to proceed.

Again ... just wanted to hear if anyone has heard about this problem besides from me ... !?
W1der

Post by W1der »

Interesting ... just did a search on you tube and found a clip where a guy with a similar problem opens the wheel and finds a loose wire that was not assembled correctly, causing strain every time you turn the wheel.

Now it´s almost a shame I am still under warranty ... cause if this is what is going on with my wheel (and it probably is) I could have this solved by tonight on my own ... :this:
Marcel52

Post by Marcel52 »

I have contact with the madcatz helpdesk for the last 3 weeks and today I received an email that I receive within 10 day an replacement.
So when you have an prob with the saitek and you have the purchase ticket then contact madcatz thats is the best way.
But what the prob is I don't know but I think it has something to do with the steering wheel because only with using the wheel I get disconnecting prob and with the console I have no prob.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Marcel52 wrote:I have contact with the madcatz helpdesk for the last 3 weeks and today I received an email that I receive within 10 day an replacement.
So when you have an prob with the saitek and you have the purchase ticket then contact madcatz thats is the best way.
But what the prob is I don't know but I think it has something to do with the steering wheel because only with using the wheel I get disconnecting prob and with the console I have no prob.
My retailer is actually quite amazing when it comes to customer support.
I reported my error on sunday ... erly monday morning I had an answer with documents for free shipment.
Last time I got a new wheel back within the same week as I returned my faulty one.

As long as an error is intermittent it´s hard to cliam a replacement (the error needs to be reproduceable).
When this started to happen on my second wheel I had to wait for the problem to get worse before I could do any claims to get a warranty replacement.

My contact with Saitek was to get some input as to what the problem is, as this is my second wheel with the same error in "short" time.
But they only focused in determening wheater my wheel was broken or not ... So I started looking for answers else where.

I found that this is the problem ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aplMxjZpECs

As long as I am covered with warranty I am happy to send it back to my retailer for an exchange ...
But if this happens when my warranty is expired I can fix it myself.
Mad Catz will probably have this problem solved for future batches as they should be aware of the problem by now!

Sorry for any bad spelling in my post ... this computer is setup for Swedish sepll check and I didn´t bother to change it ...
W1der

Post by W1der »

Just wanted you guys to know ...

I am now on my third wheel with this problem.
This time it was a bit different though ...

Before it started out as an intermittent problem ... I could just reconnect it and keep playing, but eventually it started "crashing" more and more often ...
This time around after the problem first happened, it "crashes" as soon as I turn the wheel after I entered the game ... :neutralnew:

I guess I will have to be without my wheel for another week ...
Well ... the "wife" will be happy to spend more time with me, I guess ... :blushnew:

I hope that Saitek will be able to fix this problem ... because it is starting to be a bit frustrating! :this: