Changing language

farmer_bell

Changing language

Post by farmer_bell »

Hi,
I recently purchased another copy of the game from ebay. However, it turns out that the game is in German. Is there anyway to convert it to English?
I had hoped to simply use the download portal and the key from the German version of the game, but it would appear that I cannot do this.
The game was brand new and in its original packaging. I have installed it and entered the key and its working fine, but it would be nice to be able to read what is onscreen.
I purchased the copy for my son, so that we can play multiplayer together. I have the steam version and all the DLC. THe German version I have is on CD, as my son does not have steam.
Is this possible, or do we just have to continue playing with his language set as German?
Regards
Lee
JohnDeere318

Re: Changing language

Post by JohnDeere318 »

When you installed the game, did you click on "English" when you first started the installation?

Also, you can go into the Farm Sim options called "Options" and the first page that comes up you can change your language and multiplayer language.

I also suggest having a read through here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/313160/di ... 002304296/ --> it might be the problem you have and it has been solved. One guy says to download this and it should work: http://gamesmods.net/farming-simulator- ... uages.html --> but that is 2GB! Who would download that? But it may be worth a shot.

Hope this helps you any. :) Good luck!
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Der_Tod

Post by Der_Tod »

As far as I know, the German version is German only so there is no possibility to change the language.

Regards
Der_Tod
Wenn der Tod kommt, ist Sense.
farmer_bell

Post by farmer_bell »

Hi,
Thanks for the replys.
Yes, the German language CD cannot have its language changed as far as I can tell.

What I was wondering was, Can I download a English version of the game from the download portal and use the key I have for the German version?
Basically to swap the German version for the English one.

If not, Would it be possible to buy another copy of the game for my son and use the german version to run a dedicated online server? Or would the server endup in German?

Regards

Lee
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

The activation key from the DVD version of the game can unfortunately not be used to download the english version from GIANTS' download portal or Steam. So if you want to have the english version you need to buy the game again and sell the german version.

I'm not familiar with the dedicated server, but I'm guessing that at least some parts of the game would be in German if you used the german version to set up a dedicated server.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

Keep what you got and now you can learn German.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

BostonJohnny1226 wrote:Keep what you got and now you can learn German.
I guess haha :lol:

But anyway, yes you will need to buy the English game. You can probably send the German DVD back to the seller OR sell it on EBay for what you paid for it or a little less since you have opened it.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt