FS 17 Wheel

Gamsfordayz

FS 17 Wheel

Post by Gamsfordayz »

Is there going to be steering wheel support in fs 17 (force feedback, gears)??
JohnDeere318

Re: FS 17 Wheel

Post by JohnDeere318 »

If I am understanding correctly, you want to know if the Saitek wheel will be supported in Farm Sim 17? Yes, most likely.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Gamsfordayz

Post by Gamsfordayz »

Nope. Wheels from other manufacturers, like g27 or sth. Because always i have to go to the gaming software and disable all the springs and then drive forward with gas and backwards with the brake.
AbhiRacing

Post by AbhiRacing »

I would agree. I have bought FS15 hoping to start playing as easily as other games. What a nightmare it has been to set it up. Still trying to get the vehicles to not auto-driving and landed here.

(I know the combined pedals thing. It does not work for me)
Gamsfordayz

Post by Gamsfordayz »

AbhiRacing wrote:I would agree. I have bought FS15 hoping to start playing as easily as other games. What a nightmare it has been to set it up. Still trying to get the vehicles to not auto-driving and landed here.

(I know the combined pedals thing. It does not work for me)

What do you mean under auto-driving
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

We did improve the support for wheels quite a lot for FS17. It will support separate brake and acceleration pedals and the gear shifter that comes with the G27 will be supported natively, although there is no gear shifting functionality in the base game. If you're using mods that add this feature, you can now use the gear shifter without installing external helper tools.

AbhiRacing, FS15 requires your wheel to be setup to use combined pedals. You should check with the manufacturer of your wheel how this needs to be done.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Stegei wrote:We did improve the support for wheels quite a lot for FS17.
Sweet! Can't wait to buy the Saitek wheel & pedals! (maybe the side panel combo!) :D
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
LandroverKeith

Post by LandroverKeith »

JohnDeere318 wrote:
Sweet! Can't wait to buy the Saitek wheel & pedals! (maybe the side panel combo!) :D

Dont waste your money on the steering wheel im currently on the 5th one since november, the panel is awesome but the wheel has the same kind of build quality as something you would buy in a pound shop!
Gamsfordayz

Post by Gamsfordayz »

But i guess it's not going to have track ir support.
W1der

Post by W1der »

LandroverKeith wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote:

Dont waste your money on the steering wheel im currently on the 5th one since november, the panel is awesome but the wheel has the same kind of build quality as something you would buy in a pound shop!
Well ... actually ...
The sticks and button set up for this wheel is a game changer for me ... I would not want to play with another type of wheel.
I am sure that the "quality issues" will be sorted out in future batches, as it is a quite easy fix.

Just make sure you find a retailer, with good customer service, so that you wont have any problems if you need to claim your 2 year warranty!

I would def recommend getting the side panel also ... mainly cause of the joystick!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Danny844

Post by Danny844 »

I have the G29 but I have never used it in FS, I only use it for other games. I would imagine they will make other wheels supportable though.
LandroverKeith

Post by LandroverKeith »

W1der wrote:
LandroverKeith wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote: Sweet! Can't wait to buy the Saitek wheel & pedals! (maybe the side panel combo!) :D

Well ... actually ...
The sticks and button set up for this wheel is a game changer for me ... I would not want to play with another type of wheel.
I am sure that the "quality issues" will be sorted out in future batches, as it is a quite easy fix.

Just make sure you find a retailer, with good customer service, so that you wont have any problems if you need to claim your 2 year warranty!

I would def recommend getting the side panel also ... mainly cause of the joystick!
It's a years warrenty.

After spending so much on the thing i don't expect to have 5 replacements in 8 months.

I bought direct from Amazon im not sure i could find a bigger retailer.
W1der

Post by W1der »

LandroverKeith wrote:
W1der wrote:
LandroverKeith wrote:
Well ... actually ...

It's a years warrenty.

After spending so much on the thing i don't expect to have 5 replacements in 8 months.

I bought direct from Amazon im not sure i could find a bigger retailer.
According to Saiteks customer support they offer a 2 year warranty on this ... (even if your retailer only offers 1 year).

I know it is frustrating to have the same problem over and over again ...
But soon enough you will get a wheel from a newer batch and the problem will most probably be solved.
If this happens to me again I am tempted to open the wheel up and solder the loose wire back on myself.
(There is a tutorial on YouTube on how to do this.)

Amazon is a big retailer ... yes ... and I have no experience from their customer support.
Bigger is not always better ... (as my wife says) ... ;)
I got mine from Max Gaming in Sweden ... and their customer support is amazing!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Matthiasw

Post by Matthiasw »

Will FS finally Support Seperate Pedals?
I use Fanatec Clubsports via USB, no way to map them as combined.

I really hope this will finally working.

Thanks in Advance
Matthias
Shadow_ASP

Post by Shadow_ASP »

Will FS17 support force feedback? I'm not too anxious for the force feedback itself, but I would like to be able to adjust the tension/centering-force for my force feedback wheel. And in order to do that the game needs to support FF I believe. Atleast my Logitech MOMO wheel is quite heavy to turn when force feedback is inactive. Because of that I rather use a Xbox controller in Farming Sim.
But using the Logitech MOMO wheel and pedals along with my TM Warthog stick could have been a feasible solution if it werent for the heavy wheel when FF is inactive.