Farming simulator 17 STOP GRASSING!!

Chewit1987

Farming simulator 17 STOP GRASSING!!

Post by Chewit1987 »

Now I have played farming sim 15 for some time and managed to find some amazing xbox one people but I'm realy hoping that the new farming simulator 17 will allow you to stop people just seeding your fields with grass becouse for every 5 amazing normal people there is the 1 sod with nothing better to do than join a game and grass over your fields (sigh)

Dose anyone know if they have introduced this choice in the new game and if not why not??? I can't be the only one frustrated by this
Delta

Re: Farming simulator 17 STOP GRASSING!!

Post by Delta »

Hello, we unfortunately don't have any info about that. We should here more about the game in the next few months.

Delta
Q-dance Ambassador.
XboxOne user
Need console help/tips? Check this thread: http://forum.giants-software.com/viewto ... 31&t=83133
Bug reports: http://forum.giants-software.com/viewforum.php?f=868
How to find/post log txt: viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Chewit1987 wrote:Now I have played farming sim 15 for some time and managed to find some amazing xbox one people but I'm realy hoping that the new farming simulator 17 will allow you to stop people just seeding your fields with grass becouse for every 5 amazing normal people there is the 1 sod with nothing better to do than join a game and grass over your fields (sigh)

Dose anyone know if they have introduced this choice in the new game and if not why not??? I can't be the only one frustrated by this
I hear ya man, but like @Delta said, we have no more information on Farm Sim 17 at the moment. As it gets closer and closer to releasing, we will get more information. I don't think that it would be possible to do that, but hate that when people do that, just kick ("ban" is more like it! ;)) them. :)
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Soles2023

Post by Soles2023 »

I think the only option for this (on giants end) would be to have a separate sower for grass, or make it so when grass is planted, it is done so in seed form rather than instant grass. That way you can see what is planted through the crop growth menu and correct it by cultivating the field before it grows.
XB1/PC
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Soles2023 wrote:I think the only option for this (on giants end) would be to have a separate sower for grass, or make it so when grass is planted, it is done so in seed form rather than instant grass. That way you can see what is planted through the crop growth menu and correct it by cultivating the field before it grows.
Yes! That would be better is to have a separate seeder for grass. GIANTS needs to do this so that people's multiplayer servers will not get trolled. :(

Please GIANTS!! Can you include a separate seeder for grass!! :D

How to post your log.txt
Chewit1987

Post by Chewit1987 »

Soles2023 wrote:I think the only option for this (on giants end) would be to have a separate sower for grass, or make it so when grass is planted, it is done so in seed form rather than instant grass. That way you can see what is planted through the crop growth menu and correct it by cultivating the field before it grows.
OMG yes this would be amazing second option.. that way unless you buy the grass seeder they can't seed. But then we would need to buy and sell it all the time... when we wanted to!!! Hmm
I have had "rainbow stripes" before...one line is canola the next wheat the next barley... frustrating yes but a breeze compared to grass.

It's just nice to know I'm not the only person that cant stand it.
Chewit1987

Post by Chewit1987 »

JohnDeere318 wrote: I hear ya man, but like @Delta said, we have no more information on Farm Sim 17 at the moment. As it gets closer and closer to releasing, we will get more information. I don't think that it would be possible to do that, but hate that when people do that, just kick ("ban" is more like it! ;)) them. :)
I don't know he engine for the game or coding ect but why can't they do it? I mean they have option for allow create fields would it not be a similar code to that? (Shrug)

I can't see this being read and them changing the game but then again you never know..... I for one think it's more important than say better graphics for when it rains ect
ArizonaSnow

Post by ArizonaSnow »

One thing that would be probably better would be an option to not let people attach/detach equipment, that way you could detach your seeder whenever you are not using it and then multiplayer people wouldn't be able to use it at all which would cut out people grassing your fields and rainbowing them. But it would also stop the trolls who just detach all your equipment and leave them god knows where ... I know you can reset stuff but that is not the point.

Because of the trolls I very rarely play the game multiplayer and only let in people I trust. It is such a shame in a game like this that you would have thought as a niche game to get time wasting trolls.

Also on the PS4 it is very hard to find a multiplayer game to join because these trolls have spoiled it for everyone, no-one seems to trust randoms anymore, but how do you know who is good without giving them a chance and stopping grassing trolls would go a long way towards people to start trusting again.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

the only place "grass" presents a problem is in MP games, and I really cannot understand why no one at Giants hasn't added a MP admin option that sits along "allow create fields" along the lines off "allow grass sowing", which would stop everyone bar host/admin from sowing grass.

as it would fix the most irritating trolling method some in MP do.

I don't think a separate grass sower is the answer, because of the separate accounts mode that is selectable in the MP options, meaning you are still 100% reliant on having an option in the admin settings to stop grass sowing if people can buy equipment with earned money.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
W1der

Post by W1der »

b101uk wrote:the only place "grass" presents a problem is in MP games, and I really cannot understand why no one at Giants hasn't added a MP admin option that sits along "allow create fields" along the lines off "allow grass sowing", which would stop everyone bar host/admin from sowing grass.

I don't think a separate grass sower is the answer, because of the separate accounts mode that is selectable in the MP options, meaning you are still 100% reliant on having an option in the admin settings to stop grass sowing if people can buy equipment with earned money.
Yes ... Include the options for what seeds that is allowed "to do" with a menu option where the admin can choose what ever crops is available to sow ... !
... problem solved!

When at it ... make vehicles that has "drowned" to auto reset to the farm after a few minutes in the water!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

W1der wrote:
b101uk wrote:the only place "grass" presents a problem is in MP games, and I really cannot understand why no one at Giants hasn't added a MP admin option that sits along "allow create fields" along the lines off "allow grass sowing", which would stop everyone bar host/admin from sowing grass.

Yes ... Include the options for what seeds that is allowed "to do" with a menu option where the admin can choose what ever crops is available to sow ... !
... problem solved!

When at it ... make vehicles that has "drowned" to auto reset to the farm after a few minutes in the water!
That would be great W1der if we had that option! :D I wish that was included!

How to post your log.txt
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

Yup ... reinforcement of my opinion that friends should be the only ones allowed on a server. If I don't hang with you on Teamspeak on a daily basis, you sure as heck aren't getting into a game with me. This is the best policy to prevent exactly what people are describing here, and that isn't just for FS ... it pretty much goes for any game out there that has any form of multiplayer.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.