Bailing hay

Lanvaren

Bailing hay

Post by Lanvaren »

Hello it won't let me bail hay anymore. Haven't played in a while. After I tend it into a straight line. I try and use the bailer like I used to. And it won't pick the grass up anymore. What am I missing? Ty
Navan

Re: Bailing hay

Post by Navan »

They fixed a bug where you could bail without using the tedder. You'll need to now use a tedder to bail grass(straw shouldn't need it).

If you are using the tedder, then check that the bailer doesn't have straw. If it has grass and still won't bail even after tedder, then try to buying a new one to test.
hasab

Post by hasab »

Is there any limitation in the number of the straw bales laying around the fields? Because I think that some of the straw bales I left on one of my wheat fields are just disappeared.

I work on all the six fields around the sheep shed (and near the mill) harvesting wheat and than gathering the wheat straw with the baler like third time round and round, thinking that when I will need the straw bales for the cow shed I will gather one or two stacker for them but until then the bales could just laying around near the fields. But I realized now that on the big field near the mill there are only a couple of bales laying and I remember there were more of them at the previous round and they just disappeared. So I think there could be some kind of number limitation how many bales can be on the fields.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

@Lanvaren: if you are playing on the Windows or Mac version you can use the following mod which will allow you to collect grass directly with the balers: http://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.ph ... tle=fs2015

@hasab: on the console versions there is a limit, as documented here: viewtopic.php?f=831&t=83133&p=643676#p643676
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
hasab

Post by hasab »

don_apple wrote:@hasab: on the console versions there is a limit, as documented here: viewtopic.php?f=831&t=83133&p=643676#p643676
Thanks for the reply. It seems there is a limit also in the mobile (Android) version, but I'm not sure about that. Anyway, I will take note of the number of bales on the fields.
Dr. Bob

Post by Dr. Bob »

hasab wrote:Is there any limitation in the number of the straw bales laying around the fields? Because I think that some of the straw bales I left on one of my wheat fields are just disappeared.
Here's a tip for you. :)

This is in FS14. I had to sell off some stuff because of the very annoying 45 items limit in there to buy some additional Autostacks for storage. I'd like more but I'd have to sell off more other stuff. Already sold one of my two balers (which causes more hauling equipment around) and the mobile fuel station and my tedder and windrower because these two last ones are basically useless anyway. Also sold one of my 11 Lambo R7 tractors to buy a second truck as they are more convenient to run along my two harvesters when I do one or more crop runs on the six fields around the farm and run two harvesters simultaneously. Those trucks save on unloading trips to the silo's because they can hold three times as much as the largest transport trailer, and it's only one item instead of two. You don't really have time to harvest grass too when you do consecutive crop runs so it helps to keep some stock to quickly keep the cows fed. Because (in FS14 at least) there is a limit to the number of Milk Days and Straw Days and also on Milk and Manure and any excess you unload/produce is lost it is easier to manage with some additional stock of grass and straw in Autostacks and Loading wagons when I don't need those wagons to 'feed' the Plant for slurry. I only use manure for the 'first' field though because the large spreader doesn't get stuck on the farm (like the slurry tank does) when you start in the right corner. For almost all others I use the slurry tank. Only on one field (that I farm now and then) I use the small fertiliser spreader across because that's the only one that doesn't get stuck.

Odd thing in FS14 is that with grass bales you can reach a maximum of 11 grass days but on top of that you can unload loose grass from loader wagons to get up to 16 grass days. Only when you fall below 11 days the grass bales start to disappear again from the cow shed. Also when capacity is full unloading stops when unloading loose grass from a loader wagon just as it does when filling silo's at the plant. Bales just disappear into nothing when you keep unloading them with an Autostack. Is this the same in FS16?
hasab

Post by hasab »

Thanx for the tips!
Dr. Bob wrote:
hasab wrote:Is there any limitation in the number of the straw bales laying around the fields? Because I think that some of the straw bales I left on one of my wheat fields are just disappeared.
Here's a tip for you. :)

This is in FS14. I had to sell off some stuff because of the very annoying 45 items limit in there to buy some additional Autostacks for storage. I'd like more but I'd have to sell off more other stuff. Already sold one of my two balers (which causes more hauling equipment around) and the mobile fuel station and my tedder and windrower because these two last ones are basically useless anyway. Also sold one of my 11 Lambo R7 tractors to buy a second truck as they are more convenient to run along my two harvesters when I do one or more crop runs on the six fields around the farm and run two harvesters simultaneously. Those trucks save on unloading trips to the silo's because they can hold three times as much as the largest transport trailer, and it's only one item instead of two. You don't really have time to harvest grass too when you do consecutive crop runs so it helps to keep some stock to quickly keep the cows fed. Because (in FS14 at least) there is a limit to the number of Milk Days and Straw Days and also on Milk and Manure and any excess you unload/produce is lost it is easier to manage with some additional stock of grass and straw in Autostacks and Loading wagons when I don't need those wagons to 'feed' the Plant for slurry. I only use manure for the 'first' field though because the large spreader doesn't get stuck on the farm (like the slurry tank does) when you start in the right corner. For almost all others I use the slurry tank. Only on one field (that I farm now and then) I use the small fertiliser spreader across because that's the only one that doesn't get stuck.

Odd thing in FS14 is that with grass bales you can reach a maximum of 11 grass days but on top of that you can unload loose grass from loader wagons to get up to 16 grass days. Only when you fall below 11 days the grass bales start to disappear again from the cow shed. Also when capacity is full unloading stops when unloading loose grass from a loader wagon just as it does when filling silo's at the plant. Bales just disappear into nothing when you keep unloading them with an Autostack. Is this the same in FS16?