[FS17] Feedback

Xtrememaster

Re: [FS17] Feedback

Post by Xtrememaster »

Lord_Beelzebub wrote:I would like to see a milk taker added to the game. Cows produce milk, and FS15 (on the American map) has a dairy facility. Why not add the ability to deliver milk from your farm to the dairy plant once the cows produce it?
Me too, i also miss the milk tanker in the game.. When announced in FS11 i really love it when it was there.. But was disappointed when it was removed in FS15.

In FS 11 you also could whistle the cows to the milk robot.. I really would like if they could put that feature back in FS17. :gamer:
Pre-ordered FS17 1x xbox one version, 1x steam version 1x Giants store versionHaving 2x saitek heavy equipment steers (one is here and the other under way) Also pre-ordered the FS17 collectors edition. *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup* :chinese:
Lamborghini

Post by Lamborghini »

I think a good feature should be not only semi trucks with semi trailers but also trucks with tippers etc
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

I hope Case and New Holland remain in this game as well.

One thing I would like to see though is John Deere added
SEANMG42

Post by SEANMG42 »

gilroy222 wrote:I hope Case and New Holland remain in this game as well.

One thing I would like to see though is John Deere added
New Holland is in the seed to harvest gameplay trailer. Case is run by the same parent company CNH global so should be available in game. John Deere you will have to rely on mods.
Danny844

Post by Danny844 »

To me it just looks very similar to the current FS, not many changes by the looks of it. I'll wait to see what else they show but if it's very similar with few changes I will not be buying it this year, I will stay on the current game until things move along more.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Danny844 wrote:To me it just looks very similar to the current FS, not many changes by the looks of it. I'll wait to see what else they show but if it's very similar with few changes I will not be buying it this year, I will stay on the current game until things move along more.
Have you not been paying attention!? :confusednew: :mrgreen:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Mattman

Post by Mattman »

people need to realize that its not just about the graphics. everyone is getting all worked up saying its like 15 and I disagree. look deeper into it. lots of new features like:

The menu has gotten 12 new graphics settings.
Your character (male or female) can wear different clothes. You can also name them.
Helpers are more intelligent. They detect obstacles. They also refill fuel and seed.A message appears on the screen when the helper has stopped or is finished (like Courseplay).
Lights (including blinkers) have been massively improved.
The number of dynamic lights is massively increased.
Vehicle lights will stay on if you leave the vehicle.
Engine sounds have been massively improved.
There are 3 different fertilization levels - Each level increases yield with 30 %.Plowing is necessary after every 3rd harvest to get an increase in yield (10 %).
Oil reddish as green manure / cover crop.
Seeds and fertilizers comes on pallets (some say Big Bags) that can be transported.
Sowing machines can be filled from Big Bags, using a pallet fork.Train and train station cranes are operable.
Objects like tree trunks, bales and pallets can be secured during transport using straps.Small objects below a certain weight can be picked up and moved by the character.
Tires deform more or less depending on the load.
Default vehicles are multi fruit capable.Manual ignition and "Stop & Go Pedal".
Animals now have to be supplied with water.You have to clean up after your animals.Animals reproduce (if they are happy).When you buy animals, you can have them delivered (at a cost) or transport them yourself.You can transport the animals using the new Joskin RDS 7500 Betimax.
You’ll be able to customize the vehicles prior to buying them. Customization options depends on the brand. E.g. Valtra Taktor T Series: color, engine, front loader. The Fendt 939: twin wheels, wide tires, wheel weights.Vehicle customization after purchase can be performed a workshop.
You can lease machines for 1/10 of the regular price.
looks amazing at night
Silo capacities are limited. More silos can be purchased.
Other new placeable objects are workshops (some also mention water towers and barns).Synchronization in multiplayer significantly accelerated.Grass and trees look much more realistic and better (no more hexagonal trunks).
Mixed Ration can now be bought.
There is a new small wood chipper

The content / features of the console and PC version are exactly the same.

these pictures show the night in farming simulator 17! its way better than 15.
https://image.giants-software.com/1/T2pXbgS3.jpg
https://image.giants-software.com/1/XQEKYhVp.jpg
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Mattman wrote:people need to realize that its not just about the graphics. everyone is getting all worked up saying its like 15 and I disagree. look deeper into it. lots of new features like:

Your character (male or female) can wear different clothes. You can also name them.
Helpers are more intelligent. They detect obstacles. They also refill fuel and seed.A message appears on the screen when the helper has stopped or is finished (like Courseplay).
There are 3 different fertilization levels - Each level increases yield with 30 %.Plowing is necessary after every 3rd harvest to get an increase in yield (10 %).
Seeds and fertilizers comes on pallets (some say Big Bags) that can be transported.
Sowing machines can be filled from Big Bags, using a pallet fork.Train and train station cranes are operable.
Objects like tree trunks, bales and pallets can be secured during transport using straps.Small objects below a certain weight can be picked up and moved by the character.
Animals now have to be supplied with water.You have to clean up after your animals.Animals reproduce (if they are happy).When you buy animals, you can have them delivered (at a cost) or transport them yourself.You can transport the animals using the new Joskin RDS 7500 Betimax.
You’ll be able to customize the vehicles prior to buying them. Customization options depends on the brand. E.g. Valtra Taktor T Series: color, engine, front loader. The Fendt 939: twin wheels, wide tires, wheel weights.Vehicle customization after purchase can be performed a workshop.
looks amazing at night
Other new placeable objects are workshops (some also mention water towers and barns).Synchronization in multiplayer significantly accelerated.Grass and trees look much more realistic and better (no more hexagonal trunks).

For the pallets, they should make a car-type trailer to pull behind the tractor or truck, so we dont have to run back and forth to get whats needed, but thats my idea.
farmerjacoby

Post by farmerjacoby »

Mattman wrote:people need to realize that its not just about the graphics. everyone is getting all worked up saying its like 15 and I disagree. look deeper into it. lots of new features like:

looks amazing at night

Agree, they've made massive structural changes to the game that will make it a much more immersive experience, and fundamentally change the way the game is played....particularly the silo limit and soil science.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

I do hope air pressure can be changed in tyres with logical knock-on effects, given IRL some of the tractors (e.g. Fendt) that will be in FS17 are available with optional CTIS to change pressures at the flick of a switch (couple of mins to change once pressed), while all bar the smallest (~<50hp) tractors are available with airbrake systems for at the very least trailer brakes which can also be utilised for manual inflation of tyres with an airline (i.e. stand by each wheel in-turn in game and change the tyre pressure).

you could then have traits for correct average inflation (ok on field and road but not perfect on either), marginal over/under inflation (marginal over inflation = better road/hard surface handling at speed at higher weights but worse field adhesion), marginal under inflation (marginal under inflation = better field adhesion, but on road/hard surface handling at speed at higher weights is compromised giving a bit more of a boat-like soggy feel to handling), large over/under inflation (large over/under inflation = increased running cost and only a small increase in any positive gain but a large increase in negative aspects i.e. large over-inflation = only very slightly better than marginal over inflation with respect to road/hard surface handling at speed at higher weights, but substantially worse field adhesion and higher running costs, large under-inflation = only very slightly better than marginal under inflation with respect to field adhesion, but substantially worse on road/hard surface handling at speed at higher weights and higher running costs.

however to do the above, every "wheel with tyre" would need min/max/optimum STL (Static Laden Radius) defining along with maximum weight at maximum road speed at x pressure, along with a maximum pressure, then every tractor to which that set of tyres is fitted would need a basic front and rear minimum tyre pressures defining based on that tractors basic mass @ min/max/optimum STL, while the true pressure at min/max/optimum STL pressure requirements would depend on equipment/implement/trailer mass imparted to the tractor, with the difference of tractors basic mass @ min/max/optimum STL vs. tractors currant effective mass and currant effective tyre STL used to indicate required pressure change.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

I didnt know "now a day" tractors had that inflate/deflate option, thats cool. I know semis have them.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

BigC92 wrote:I didnt know "now a day" tractors had that inflate/deflate option, thats cool. I know semis have them.
the first tractors to have CTIS as a factory option that I recall were Unimog and MB-Trac starting in about 1988/89, but it was a very expensive option back then in comparison to now.

it probably wouldn't surprise me either if some soviet articulated tractors has CTIS early on too before 1988, as many of the heavy axles used on soviet all wheel drive military trucks has CTIS long before it was common on western military trucks and heavy axles, even old Zetors and Ursus had air compressors and even air trailer brakes long before the likes JD, MF, Fendt, CASE, NH, Fiat etc etc.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Lamborghini

Post by Lamborghini »

I hope jcb and itrunner vehicles will be also in fs 17.I loved this dlcs for fs 15 especially the small jcb excavator
FS2015 Nick

Driveable Train Ideas

Post by FS2015 Nick »

I noticed that there is possibly going to be driveable trains in Farming Simulator 17. I was thinking would it be possible to decouple the different pieces of rolling stock (cars) on a train and set them off in a siding to be loaded/unloaded? To go along with that, how about throw-able switches. With switch-able switches, people would be able to make sidings (in G.E.)along a main line. The switches would also benefit because then cars that are waiting to be loaded won't just block the main line, they can be set in the siding until loaded or unloaded. This would be great in multiplayer because then you could do many things at one time. You could set off a string of cars in a siding and then go and transport other cars until someone tells you to come and pick them up again.
Mattman

Post by Mattman »

b101uk wrote:out of interest which map is the second map in FS17, given

is it Bjornholm or Sosnovka updated to FS17 or something else still under wraps? :hmm:

I think its sosnovka