[FS17] Feedback

Xtrememaster

Re: [FS17] Feedback

Post by Xtrememaster »

Stegei wrote:ninus17, if you have chosen to disable the automatic filling, the answer is yet. But, you are free to change this in the in-game options any time so that the fertilizer is refilled automatically.

Danny844, unfortunately, implementing an AI that allows driving around arbitrary vehicle composition, with proper collision detection, planning etc. in a complex, dynamic world like FS17 has, is an extremely difficult task. We were able to implement something like that for our mobile version FS16, since there we see a very simplified problem. We only allow a single attachment, we have a well known, predefined driving behavior, 2D physics, a simplified world with a lot of predefined helper information for the AI, etc. For the desktop/console version, the solution we have for the mobile version is simply not sophisticated enough yet to cope with all the issues we have there. However, we will continue to work on this, until we have an AI system that can do a lot more than what the current system can do now.

Does this time the AI helper also work with the pickup front attachment? Image Normally you have a second person to drive the silage harvester, and another person who is driving the tractor..
Pre-ordered FS17 1x xbox one version, 1x steam version 1x Giants store versionHaving 2x saitek heavy equipment steers (one is here and the other under way) Also pre-ordered the FS17 collectors edition. *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup* :chinese:
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

I hope in fs17, the mowing missions will be equal, like we wont have this one more than that one, i know every little bit of money helps, i know that you can mow without the missions, but im tired of getting like... 4 bales, compared to like 8 bales, thats the problem with westbridge hills andnoforestedareas (im suppose to say that under my breath) i mean i have grass almost to the cab...Metaphorically speaking. That the only problem i have with westbridge hills, i hope the mowing frequency is equal.
FS2015 Nick

Re: [FS17] AI and Other Things

Post by FS2015 Nick »

Currently the DEFAULT AI is okay but it is not great. I use Courseplay instead of the default AI because in my opinion it is better than the AI in FS15. They did not show much of the AI working in the first gameplay video "From Seeds to Harvest" so we really do not know how well the AI works yet. Sense there was another person in the video driving the Fent with the Auger Wagon I do not think that the AI will be able to automatically unload the combine(s). They did say they will now avoid obsticals and that they will tell you when they are finished; ECT; like Courseplay does. They are adding the bug that occurred in FS15 which was we could send the AI off and it would automatically refill the sprayer/seed drill/ECT on the go. I think you will have to pay for extra seed; ECT, that the worker needs to use to finish. I think the AI will be improved a bit in FS17 because they will actually avoid objects that are in their way and the trees are usually the thing that get the combines; ECT; now.

The trains will provide some bulk transport but not much looking where the railways are located on the map. There is one large loop that in more in the center part of the map and a smaller one to the West of it. They both meet at one depot on the Western side of the map where cargo can be transfered from one consist (train) to the other. There are many other depots around the loops. They do not go directly into the town or a sell-point though. Just in two loops. I hoped they would have added switches because then you could leave cars in different places around the map (in multiplayer and singleplayer) to be loaded or unloaded. It is nice to have trains though to be able to haul bulk loads around easier. My one question is how will you get them in-game? Will you have to buy them or will they already be in the map when you start the game?
Xtry_online

Post by Xtry_online »

I do hope courseplay will work on console.

I always loved courseplay on PC.
dano1990

Post by dano1990 »

Would really like to see the option to manually load your grains from a shed/warehouse into the trailers for selling with a front loader, similar to how it works on mod maps such as coldborough park and thornton.

A tip anywhere style feature wouldn't go a miss either perhaps with the conveyor belts to make selling silage a much less time consuming/initially expensive task.

What we've seen so far i'm really liking though, the new lighting system looks really nice. In the first few seconds of the gameplay trailer it looks like there are shadows being cast from the tires inside the wheel rims of the challenger, makes them look much nicer.

The map looks quite interesting, perhaps slightly too many square/rectangle fields but overall it looks like it could be an enjoyable experience. How does the size of the map compare to those seen in FS15?
I'm hoping there isn't a sell point 500yrds from the starting fields/main farm yard like in bjornholm.
It would also be nice to have a shed/warehouse where we can tip unused straw/hay and store it until its needed again rather than having purchase all of the bailing equipment etc to be able to store it.

In terms of equipment I really hope to see some older stuff used as basic starting equipment giving us the opportunity to work towards brand new state of the art machinery. In FS15 I felt the older tractors were pretty much obsolete from the get go and there wasn't really anything older in the other categories to use with them.

I'm also hoping that those seeders than can drill and cultivate at the same time are removed, personally I feel it made FS15 way too easy especially seeing as how the seeder was only $50k and the Deutz starting tractor could easily pull it.

Really looking forward to launch of this game!!
texasplowboy

Post by texasplowboy »

I thought I would give some feedback and maybe get some answers to the map info that was posted . First off the map don't look like any farm I have seen in the USA . The ones I worked on and have seen are some what flat, and don't look like a vacation resort . Most are massive fields with a central farm .From the map posted it looks more like one from the FS15 game (forget the name ) . Or will we get 2 maps, one like the one posted by giants and one like the states or California central vally map .
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Hello GIANTS,

I am loving everything you have done for last two years making this game! I love everything about Farming Simulator 17! I will be buying the Collector's Edition this year, but will the Collector's Edition be released in the USA? But overall, I would give this new game a 10/10! :D
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

texasplowboy wrote:I thought I would give some feedback and maybe get some answers to the map info that was posted . First off the map don't look like any farm I have seen in the USA . The ones I worked on and have seen are some what flat, and don't look like a vacation resort . Most are massive fields with a central farm .From the map posted it looks more like one from the FS15 game (forget the name ) . Or will we get 2 maps, one like the one posted by giants and one like the states or California central vally map .
The map they posted was goldcrest valley, they based it out in Washington somewhere, thats the new na map for us, dk about forgine map.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

BigC92 wrote:
texasplowboy wrote:I thought I would give some feedback and maybe get some answers to the map info that was posted . First off the map don't look like any farm I have seen in the USA . The ones I worked on and have seen are some what flat, and don't look like a vacation resort . Most are massive fields with a central farm .From the map posted it looks more like one from the FS15 game (forget the name ) . Or will we get 2 maps, one like the one posted by giants and one like the states or California central vally map .
The map they posted was goldcrest valley, they based it out in Washington somewhere, thats the new na map for us, dk about forgine map.
You are correct indeed. I am thinking they are keeping Bjornholm ( :frown: ), but not sure on Sosnovka. I hope Goldcrest Valley will be good, will be good to have a nice change instead of Westbridge Hills. :P
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

JohnDeere318 wrote:
BigC92 wrote:
You are correct indeed. I am thinking they are keeping Bjornholm ( :frown: ), but not sure on Sosnovka. I hope Goldcrest Valley will be good, will be good to have a nice change instead of Westbridge Hills. :P
Maybe the same map, or they might just be throwing a curve ball and giving us something new, whos to say...
cpu_m_rossi

Post by cpu_m_rossi »

dano1990 wrote:
I'm also hoping that those seeders than can drill and cultivate at the same time are removed, personally I feel it made FS15 way too easy especially seeing as how the seeder was only $50k and the Deutz starting tractor could easily pull it.

the thing is they are both real products that are used in the real world for the same reason in game to save time! If you feel cultivating and seeding at the same time is to easy then cultivate the field then turn around and seed the field.
Farming Simulator can be as hard as you wont it or as easy as you want it as well. There are so many ways to make money this is a Farming sandbox game, oh wait you can cut the farming out if you want to & do solar farms and then windfarms and just watch as every hour in game passes you get paid. If you set the game to 120x for how fast time goes by that's only 12mins per day. One windmill pays out 4000 per hour or 96,000 a day so at 120x in one hour you could have $480k and the more windmills you put the faster you gain really easy money.
So yeah darn them for making farming easy with fancy sewers that have cultivators on them.

tldr play the game how you want to I wont judge you I promise :this:
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

cpu_m_rossi wrote:
dano1990 wrote:

the thing is they are both real products that are used in the real world for the same reason in game to save time! If you feel cultivating and seeding at the same time is to easy then cultivate the field then turn around and seed the field.
Farming Simulator can be as hard as you wont it or as easy as you want it as well. There are so many ways to make money this is a Farming sandbox game, oh wait you can cut the farming out if you want to & do solar farms and then windfarms and just watch as every hour in game passes you get paid. If you set the game to 120x for how fast time goes by that's only 12mins per day. One windmill pays out 4000 per hour or 96,000 a day so at 120x in one hour you could have $480k and the more windmills you put the faster you gain really easy money.
So yeah darn them for making farming easy with fancy sewers that have cultivators on them.

tldr play the game how you want to I wont judge you I promise :this:
I feel like this game is a mixture of decision making, and challenge, like should i save up or just go and buy it, and doing the great demand missions, making sure i get the grain on time to get the extra bonus, its somewhat easy and hard at the same time, i like it tbh, yes they are both products, doing it by plow and then seeding is the old school way, and i respect that you cant beat the old school way, but id rather do it at one time.
cpu_m_rossi

Post by cpu_m_rossi »

I agree Bigc92 when I plant wheat, barley, or canola I don't cultivate the field but dano1990 seems to think everyone should be forced to have to cultivate before planting anything at all.
danjs84

Post by danjs84 »

I hope theres more forestry trees like Corsican(Black pine) or Radiata pine . Both would go through the Scorpion King fine . And option to plant sapplings by hand with planting shovel for steep faces
Xbox one *thumbsup*
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

cpu_m_rossi wrote:I agree Bigc92 when I plant wheat, barley, or canola I don't cultivate the field but dano1990 seems to think everyone should be forced to have to cultivate before planting anything at all.
Exactly,id rather do it at once than cultivating then planting, corn i can see that (unless they have a cultivator and planter combined?) i mean if you had no money then i could see that, but still.