Game hesitating.

wheelchairman36

Game hesitating.

Post by wheelchairman36 »

About every 5 seconds I get a brief hesitation in the game on paradise hills (didn't try other maps) this lasts about a second. I have update all drivers and haven't added new mods before this started.
swiv93

Re: Game hesitating.

Post by swiv93 »

can you post your log txt a method to do this is in my signature
Pc version :) chainsaw operator, chipper operator, tractor driver

log txt viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
Denhalen

Post by Denhalen »

A problem could be, your graphics settings. It might be too high. I have that issue in a similar way. The game freezes several seconds as I turn the camera. Setting my graphics on a lower setting, gets rid of it. Happens mostly in bigger maps with more object on it.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

The game is caching when it hesitates for a second or two. I highly suggest going through the map with the lights fully on (if on High, if on Low the front lights are fine) and let the game cache. Stevie always recommends doing this to his maps. :smileynew:
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
W1der

Post by W1der »

JohnDeere318 wrote:The game is caching when it hesitates for a second or two. I highly suggest going through the map with the lights fully on (if on High, if on Low the front lights are fine) and let the game cache. Stevie always recommends doing this to his maps. :smileynew:
This is sort of my experience also ... (with my old computer).
But in my case I had to clear the "shader cashe" first, to start with a fresh one (or else I had corrupt shadows floating around "all over").
All though I never did it with the lights turned on ... :hmm:

This usually worked for me with the stock maps ...
Modded maps was basically not playable at all (unless they where a modification of one of the stock maps).
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
wheelchairman36

JohnDeere318 wrote:The game is caching when it hesitates for a second or two. I highly suggest going through the map with the lights fully on (if on High, if on Low the front lights are fine) and let the game cache. Stevie always recommends doing this to his maps. :smileynew:
Do you do this every-time I start the game.
wheelchairman36

swiv93 wrote:can you post your log txt a method to do this is in my signature
Says log text is to big either copy and paste or attachment.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

If the log.txt is too big to post it directly here or it can't be added as an attachment then you can upload the file to some external storage provider like Google Drive, dropbox, etc. and then post a link to the uploaded file here.

Alternatively you can try to reduce the size of the file by checking if it contains many identical lines that repeat over and over again. If this is the case you can delete all repeating lines except for the first one which most likely will considerably reduce the size of the file.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
W1der

Post by W1der »

wheelchairman36 wrote:
Do you do this every-time I start the game.
No ... only ones.
Even with my new computer I get some "lagg" when I start a new map (until the shader cashe has been "recorded").

It is quite easy to understand this if you delete the shader_cashe file and start a game ... take one of the vehicles and basically drive around in a big circle ...
On the first spin you will almost allways expereince some kind of "lagg" ... but the next turn will be smooth (if the initial "lagg" is caused from the "shades").
If you keep having problems you have some other issue caused by a problem with your installation of the game, a mod or maybe your computer is to week to handle that specifik map (typically solved by lowering your graphic settings).
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
wheelchairman36

I tried westbridge forest which has lots of mods also and has no lag so must be the map because it does it also on my laptop.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

wheelchairman36 wrote:I tried westbridge forest which has lots of mods also and has no lag so must be the map because it does it also on my laptop.
Yeah that can happen, Stevie always says to cache the map by running with lights on or do what @W1der has said too. *thumbsup* :smileynew:

How to post your log.txt
wheelchairman36

Does this mean everywhere on the map or just all the roads?
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

wheelchairman36 wrote:
Does this mean everywhere on the map or just all the roads?
Everywhere, but the roads are what I always start with and is a good start. *thumbsup*

How to post your log.txt
wheelchairman36

Did this and seems to work fine now. TYVM.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

wheelchairman36 wrote:
Did this and seems to work fine now. TYVM.
Your welcome, anytime! :smileynew:

How to post your log.txt