Very annoyed

short cut

Very annoyed

Post by short cut »

Im part of a team who likes to play a map. We are a good team. But we have bin trying to grow the team. And over the past few weeks i bin teaching my self to edit mods. I can now do addstrips. Put diffrant wheels on some mods and reskin mods. . Im just leting off some steam. As i spend 50 odd hours on my mods i edit to make them a high standard. And to the best of my abillaty.
Pc user.
W1der

Re: Very annoyed

Post by W1der »

short cut wrote:Im part of a team who likes to play a map. We are a good team. But we have bin trying to grow the team. And over the past few weeks i bin teaching my self to edit mods. I can now do addstrips. Put diffrant wheels on some mods and reskin mods. . Im just leting off some steam. As i spend 50 odd hours on my mods i edit to make them a high standard. And to the best of my abillaty.
Hey ... I hear your frustration!
The little I know about "modding" comes down to making small changes in the "xml-files" ... and have been learning how to do this, basically by "trial and error".

I am very impressed with people who can build a mod, from scratch!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
short cut

Post by short cut »

Yea some people have skill
Pc user.
farmboy002

Post by farmboy002 »

Everything I know about making maps I learned on my own. And there is still a lot I don't know about making maps. When I first started playing F.S. I wanted to learn either making maps or making mods. I picked map making, And it took me a long time to get to where I could put one together. And I'm getting to old to try and learn how to make mods, The old brain suffers from C.R.S. :lol: Oh I could learn how to make mods if I had someone to show me how to, But to do it on my own is just to much for this old fart to tackle. :lol: But if I did know how to make mods, I would share them with everyone. I just never did understand why someone would put all that time in on making a cool mod just to keep it to them self and show it off with out sharing it. That's what annoys me. But to each there own. So ya I know it can be frustrating at times learning this stuff and I came close a few times of saying hell with it. But I kept going doing a little at a time. And redoing stuff over and over till I got it right. And annoyed a lot of people with all my questions about how do you do this or that. :hmm: :lol: Spent a lot of time going back and forth with a lot of people on this forum and a few other forums on how to do something. I'm sure there are those who can learn this stuff a lot fast then I did, But I made some maps and uploaded them and that was my goal, So I'm happy with that. And as long as a few folks got some enjoyment from them well then it's all good and was worth my time in learning how to make a map... *thumbsup*
short cut

Post by short cut »

Yes i see your point i spent along time looking for realy nice mods. Some stay the same some get edited. I have done. My land rover. A ford 7810 (2wd,silver juberly, wide wheeled, made it in to a 7610. And 6610 evan so it needs geting scailed right mot that good at that bit.). Got a 8210 im trying put front linkage on. And make a 7710. Out of two . Trying put beacons on it too

Mostly im just trying to do it with out asking. But to get things moving i got two mates i give them too.

I mostly just take parts off other mods to make my mods more how i want them

Wish i could lean maps. Dont think my pc is strongenuff for map moding
Pc user.