YouTube commercials ...

W1der

YouTube commercials ...

Post by W1der »

What is up with all the commercials on YouTube ... ?

It seems as if YouTube intensified it (must have happened very recently!?) ... and I find myself having to look at 20-30 seconds long clips of something I am not the least interested of, just to see what I came for ... :confusednew:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
JohnDeere318

Re: YouTube commercials ...

Post by JohnDeere318 »

W1der wrote:What is up with all the commercials on YouTube ... ?

It seems as if YouTube intensified it (must have happened very recently!?) ... and I find myself having to look at 20-30 seconds long clips of something I am not the least interested of, just to see what I came for ... :confusednew:
If you are using your Mac, get Adblock Ultimate and AdGuard extensions for Safari. Great products! :smileynew: Or, if you are on Chrome, get AdGuard and Adblock Pro extensions. *thumbsup*

I found this too, I was looking on a YouTube video on my Windows machine using Edge and 30 seconds clips that I can't skip, and I don't even have an adblocker! This just makes me not want to even watch YouTube anymore, because I already lose interest.

Ads this, commercials that. I do not like what the internet world has come to. :sadnew: :frown: Everyone just wants money, GET A REAL JOB IF YOU WANT MONEY!!! In the future, when I make Farming Simulator YouTube videos, there will be NO ads, NO commercials, NOTHING! I will be doing it for the public for free. :smileynew:
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Phantoms

Post by Phantoms »

I will not watch a video on youtube if i can't skip the commercial after 5 seconds, no matter how much I want to see that video. As soon as I start letting youtube know I'll watch a 15sec or more ad they'll start putting them on everything.
Playing on PC
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

Youtube really lost it with the ads. When my nephew of 3 years old wants to watch cartoons for kids his age he gets ads for women's stuff, make-up etc. I seem to get energy, cars and trips to Macau... I skip as soon as it's possible. I've seen an ad which only could be skipped after 60 seconds already!
MC, aka Master of Cereals
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

wildberry wrote:Youtube really lost it with the ads. When my nephew of 3 years old wants to watch cartoons for kids his age he gets ads for women's stuff, make-up etc. I seem to get energy, cars and trips to Macau... I skip as soon as it's possible. I've seen an ad which only could be skipped after 60 seconds already!
I agree, when I was watching Daggerwin videos, I got ads about Ouija movie or something and was kinda creepy, but I couldn't skip it sadly. :frown:

How to post your log.txt
Iron Angel

Post by Iron Angel »

Just remember that if you use AdBlock, you are actually making it harder for your favourite YouTuber to keep giving you the content that you like.
I know of one YouTuber that had 5 million views one month, but due to people using AdBlocker while watching his channel, he only recieved revenue for around 1.5 million views.

That is 3.5 million views that did not get him anything. Zero. So please, at least think twice before using that software.
I have myself never used it, and I honestly don't feel it is such a big issue to skip the ads whenever they show up. Just think about all the long ads that you get shown when watching on the TV, at least it is not that bad.

If more and more people start using AdBlocker, we will see some channels go down in productivity, simply because they can't survive economically. Another effect may be that Google changes the way ads function so it get worse for everyone. A third alternative could be that the content creators feels forced to show in-video ads for different stuff.

Just my opinion and a plead to everyone to think twice before they do certain things. Have a think about what the consequences can/will be.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

They shouldn't be using YouTube for making money, they need a REAL job that is productive. I can see people doing it for fun and it doing it as a side project, but for your #1 money maker? Haha, no. :smileynew:

How to post your log.txt
prashantcoupons

Post by prashantcoupons »

youtube is running by their commercials and also so many creator. If Commercial would not be there than it would be hard for youtube to get more famous.