Can'tseem to get this zip file thing right!

Farmhand2016

Can'tseem to get this zip file thing right!

Post by Farmhand2016 »

Here I am again, it's hard to teach an old dog anything especially when it comes to computers. I have read the instructions about downloading zip files into the mods folder a 100 times and about the time I think I have it figured out I hit another road block. I know I have done something right as I have managed to get about three mods into my game and working. Then the next time I think I did the same process following my notes on a working mod... no mod! What the heck is going on and when I try to download a mod from Mod Hoster it seems to always direct me to another Webb site and I can't seem to find the Zip file to download. Another silly question when I open up my zip extractor where am I suppose to unzip the file? Do I extract it "here", or to explLS15.JD-8370R" or some other place. Sorry I'm so dense but there are a ton of mods I'd love to have if I could just figure out what I'm doing wrong! Thank you all for your wonderful input. I learn a lot from just reading the forum questions
JohnDeere318

Re: Can'tseem to get this zip file thing right!

Post by JohnDeere318 »

When you unzip a mod, you go into the zip folder and drag the other mods out of that folder.

That file you have there, can't have "." or "-" in the file name. Do you mind if we see your log.txt about the mod you are having trouble with?
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Farmhand2016

Post by Farmhand2016 »

Thank you for trying to help JD318. I hope I don't drive you buggy with my computer illiteracy but there is a lot I don't know. Yes I'd be happy to share my log with you if I just knew how. I know where the log is. Do you want me to highlight it completely or is there a particular part you want to see. As far as what files belong to what piece of equipment I'm at a loss. I see you guys post your computer specs, is that info in the log.txt or is it somewhere else. I have no problem giving you any info you need to help me out , I just don't know how to go about it. Thank you again for responding. As I said there is a world of things out there I want to do but just don't know how yet. Is there a source, a book, or perhaps an online place I can go to with out driving you guys mad with my elementary questions?
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Farmhand2016 wrote:Thank you for trying to help JD318. I hope I don't drive you buggy with my computer illiteracy but there is a lot I don't know. Yes I'd be happy to share my log with you if I just knew how. I know where the log is. Do you want me to highlight it completely or is there a particular part you want to see. As far as what files belong to what piece of equipment I'm at a loss. I see you guys post your computer specs, is that info in the log.txt or is it somewhere else. I have no problem giving you any info you need to help me out , I just don't know how to go about it. Thank you again for responding. As I said there is a world of things out there I want to do but just don't know how yet. Is there a source, a book, or perhaps an online place I can go to with out driving you guys mad with my elementary questions?
It's ok, your not driving me buggy, that's what we are here for! *thumbsup* Instructions how to post it are in my signature, and yes I would like to see the whole thing and just put in the spoiler tab. :smileynew:

For the signature specs, I don't use the log.txt, I just know it because it is a custom built PC. Posting your specs is a big help as well! *thumbsup* If you don't know too much about your computer, go to "Start" and type in the search bar: "dxdiag" and enter. Look at the "System" page and the "Display" page and that will tell what your computer has and to offer. :this:
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
farmboy002

Post by farmboy002 »

This is what I use to extract files from a zip file. https://www.bandisoft.com/ :this: And I download all my mods into my downloads folder and make any changes I want before I put them in my mods folder. And I have a short cut on my desktop of my mods folder so when I am done editing a mod in my downloads folder I just re-zip it and drag it to the mods folder on my desktop. Try and find another mod site to download mods. Modhoster has a lot of those links that take you some where else to download. So if it isn't a direct download from modhoster I try a find a mod site that has the same mod with a direct download. But as for the P.C. end johnDeere 318 can help you with that he knows a lot more about P.C. stuff then I do. :hi: *thumbsup*
Farmhand2016

Post by Farmhand2016 »

Another silly question, is the spoiler tab the one down in the lower left hand corner that says Post reply?
Farmhand2016

Post by Farmhand2016 »

FB002, Editing scares me to death! I'm afraid I'll edit out the wrong thing and really mess things up! This zip thing is new to me. Not at all sure where to up zip stuff. Just went back over the forum and JD 318 sorry the "or" in my post was the model of the John Deere, 8370 "R". Another thing I noticed several of my files in the mod folder now have a yellow Giants logo I never noticed before, does this mean the game recognizes them?
thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk »

(my files in the mod folder now have a yellow Giants logo I never noticed before, does this mean the game recognizes them?)
You Must Have Downloaded Gaints Editor That's what it sounds like With out GE They are just like the Rest But When You Have GE On Your computer because GE Is what is used to open and edit The I3D FIle The I3D files Will now Have A Yellow GE Logo Or Mine Is Orange
Dell XPS 720 Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme 3.0ghz
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Patch 1.4.4 Windows 7 home
Playing through a Sanyo 50" tv