Fs15 vs fs17

Piskotes

Fs15 vs fs17

Post by Piskotes »

Hi guys, so i would like to know what do you think. In early stage fs17 ist gonna be quite young, new and unexperienced I guess, but later it might became fantastic simulator like FS15+mods itself. Should you, or would you go for brand new fs17 with fantastic graphic without tons of mods and some eraly glitches migt be version, with some system req limots? Or it is better to stay at the moment with well polished version FS15 with lots of maps and tons of mods?
Your opinion?

Piskotes
:gamer: Farming to maximuM :gamer:
JohnDeere318

Re: Fs15 vs fs17

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Definitely FS17!!! I am bored of FS15 big time and want to move on. :smiley new: I won't be downloading anymore mods for FS15 (with exception of a few that are going to be releasing :wink3: ).
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
JTaylor801

Post by JTaylor801 »

Sounds like you already own FS15, and you are correct that the early days/weeks and possibly a few months will see FS17 game play be very much vanilla. I believe mods will come and I believe they will be awesome. I know several map modders who are committed to converting their existing FS15 mods to FS17. Mods will come and as I said, they will be awesome.

I also believe there is some value in playing a game initially with little to no modifications installed. On 25 October when FS17 releases, it will be a great opportunity to do just that. But I also know some folks who are planning to delay their FS17 purchase and stay on FS15. I think FS15 will remain popular for a few months (perhaps longer) as FS17 catches up.

The decision really is up to you.
Happy Farming!

Check out my Farm Sim Blog
http://grizzlybearsims.com/
Realism through Simulation

YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/c/grizzlybearsims

Follow me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/GrizzlyBearSims
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

I have been playing FS15 since new.. on console... no mods.... and have well over a thousand hours of playtime... and enjoyed every minute of it. That being said I am ready for new maps, new challenges and gameplay and new equipment... with mods that FS17 will bring.

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
farmboy002

Post by farmboy002 »

I think when you get down to it fs17 will play the same as fs15 with only a few new improvements. It's the same as buying a new car or truck it's cool until the new wears off. And then your bored again. And if it were not for all the mod makers out there it would become real boring real fast. It's not so much the year of the game as it is just the plane fact that you get f.s. burn out when you play it to much. That's why this new map I am building is going to take longer (Map Building Burn Out) But I need something to do to fill my time as I am not able to work because of heath reasons. So I just do a little at a time now like 1 or 2 hours as before I would go for 6 to 10 hours working on a map. I have the game Trainz Simulator and I would play that if the P.C I had before would not have took a dump on me. And when I replaced it I didn't have the money to get one that would play Trainz. So I got a cheep Gateway that barely plays f.s. But I will say I have had the best luck with the Gateways I've had. The P.C. That took a dump on me was a H.P. And I only had it for about 2 years as I have got 5 years or more out of my Gateways I've had. When it comes to a gaming P.C. I'm not sure witch one would be the best because my P.C. knowledge is not that good. So if I ever get a win fall what gaming P.C. should I get? And how much would I need for a good one? :gamer: *thumbsup*
Mythtaken

Post by Mythtaken »

@Piskotes, it really depends on whether you want to jump on the hype wagon or not. Based on history, FS17 will have issues when it's launched. It will likely be closer to year end before a patch is released to fix most of them.

From what's been announced and shown to date, FS17 will be an iterative improvement from 15, with some of the more popular mod creations incorporated into the core game. While there are lots of new machines to play with, it's very hard to see if there are big (or any) improvements in the physics, net code, or any of the other things that plague FS15. (I noticed in the game footage that tractors still tend to drive over the surface of the ground, rather than on the ground itself.)

I plan to enjoy FS15 for another few months while the bugs get shaken out of 17. I would really like Giants to revise their release schedule to every 3 or 4 years so we have more than a few months to enjoy the final, patched version of the game and the DLC. It would also allow them time to make more substantial changes to the game.
If you sow your wild oats, hope for a crop failure.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

farmboy002 wrote:So if I ever get a win fall what gaming P.C. should I get? And how much would I need for a good one? :gamer: *thumbsup*
I would build a custom PC with Windows 10 64-Bit. 4 or more core CPU, GTX 960 or bigger, and 4GB ram or higher. I am guessing you will spend around $600 or more.

How to post your log.txt
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Mythtaken wrote:I would really like Giants to revise their release schedule to every 3 or 4 years so we have more than a few months to enjoy the final, patched version of the game and the DLC. It would also allow them time to make more substantial changes to the game.
I am sorry, but I have to disagree with the 3 to 4 year switch. :hi:

How to post your log.txt
Mythtaken

Post by Mythtaken »

No need to apologize. I wasn't trying to convince anyone, just stating my opinion. I get many hours of fun from the game. I just don't like overpaying for what is essentially a subscription service.
If you sow your wild oats, hope for a crop failure.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Mythtaken wrote:No need to apologize. I wasn't trying to convince anyone, just stating my opinion. I get many hours of fun from the game. I just don't like overpaying for what is essentially a subscription service.
I totally understand your view point. :mrgreen:

How to post your log.txt
Piskotes

Post by Piskotes »

Thanks guys, Im pretty sure as all of you FS17 will be massive later on as is FS15 now. But due to the fact Im playing it on Laptop I wont be able enjoy FS17 B4 I buy myself new tractor, I mean computer :) , . Plus I am recovering from knee surgery for next couple of weeks, and Im planning spend all this time on FS15 . Thats why for me at the moment FS15+mods is my future (for now). Anyway, if someone needs help on any dedicated server for next couple of weeks send me a PM with info+pass and I will help ya out. Or we can start some new map.,,. Im gonna have a fc*ng lot of a free time, Cheers,

Piskotes
:gamer: Farming to maximuM :gamer:
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Piskotes wrote:Thanks guys, Im pretty sure as all of you FS17 will be massive later on as is FS15 now. But due to the fact Im playing it on Laptop I wont be able enjoy FS17 B4 I buy myself new tractor, I mean computer :) , . Plus I am recovering from knee surgery for next couple of weeks, and Im planning spend all this time on FS15 . Thats why for me at the moment FS15+mods is my future (for now). Anyway, if someone needs help on any dedicated server for next couple of weeks send me a PM with info+pass and I will help ya out. Or we can start some new map.,,. Im gonna have a fc*ng lot of a free time, Cheers,

Piskotes
I would check Ebay for some cheap computer parts. I bought my computer from my Uncle for $100 plus the $129.99 GPU, but my computer I think it is Windows XP old. :lol: But anyway, Ebay usually has some cheap parts to make your computer good enough for FS17. Even a GTX 750 Ti now is $119.99. Just find some cheap desktop at a Wal-Mart or Best Buy, or something and then take out the GPU and put in the GTX 750 Ti. :smileynew: KEEP IN MIND look for the Wattage on the Power Supply, you need at least 400W or more for the card! Or, if there is a better card for cheaper... GET IT!!! :D Just putting out some ideas for you, if you plan to build one or buy FS17, I'm not saying you have to this now. :wink3: I will tell you this, AMD cards are cheaper than Nvidia cards, but I've heard they run hotter and louder, but I've never had so I wouldn't know. I doubt they are that bad though. :smileynew:

How to post your log.txt