Need help with plowing

GoranMo

Need help with plowing

Post by GoranMo »

So, I currently play Old Streams Map if you know it, and I have a problem with hired workers when they plow. I hire worker and when he gets to the end of the field he continues to the next one that is near it. He won't stop and turn. What to do?
W1der

Re: Need help with plowing

Post by W1der »

GoranMo wrote:So, I currently play Old Streams Map if you know it, and I have a problem with hired workers when they plow. I hire worker and when he gets to the end of the field he continues to the next one that is near it. He won't stop and turn. What to do?
I am not sure about this one ... but some modded maps I have played on had some issues with field borders.
Try plowing the outer parts of the field manually.
The hired help should turn, as soon as it gets to the parts you already plowed.

If you find it difficult to plow manually, the GPS mod would come in handy ...
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Aranea

Post by Aranea »

also check if you've set the plow to allow creating fields ...
but i guess the helper don't care for field borders on many modmaps, because of the way they are build

working the outer ring of the field manually before hiring an AI is always the best solution
MfG
die Spinne :hi:
FS modder & scripter
quality modding and support since 2012
viewtopic.php?f=884&t=115656
Denhalen

Post by Denhalen »

Aranea wrote:also check if you've set the plow to allow creating fields ...
but i guess the helper don't care for field borders on many modmaps, because of the way they are build

working the outer ring of the field manually before hiring an AI is always the best solution
Allowing to create fields doesn't work with the hired helper. He doesn't work. But if a field border isn't set up properly in a map, you get this issue. Same happens if you create a field. The first time, he can be confused. Plowing the borders of a field yourself is the best option.
husher

Post by husher »

I've just finished the major plowing on 'hard working 2' by the woodman, all of it was manual and i didn't need 'harold' once, ok,its taken me about a hundred hours of game time but i'm done, tip: use the green stock plough not the smaller red one it works a lot better. I feel its best to work manually than rely on hiring hands to do the work the AI is not the best even at the best of times.
GoranMo

Post by GoranMo »

So, I forgot to say, even when I outline field manually with plow hired worker just continue forward like there is no end. But never mind, since Old Streams has mostly small fields I just started using big tractor with 8 furrow plow so manual plowing is how I roll from now. I mean it's not long before 2017 comes out so I don't mind working on my on for a while. It's just that manual plowing is really boring for me, but I guess it can't be avoided with this map
GoranMo

Post by GoranMo »

I found a solution, I took the smallest sower from shop and planted grass around the field so now tractors stop at the end