do you have to buy packages of fertilizer now?

adamjohnson

do you have to buy packages of fertilizer now?

Post by adamjohnson »

I've been watching the promo videos, and the one thing that kind of shocked me was that it looks like you have to buy packages of fertilizer and transport them to your farm in order to load the spreaders (or srpayers, I guess) from them. In other words, I've seen no sign of the previous style of fertilizer loading points.

Are those points gone entirely, or optional now? The thing I'm worried about is from what I've seen, the pallet fork simulation is no better then it was before. It still looks like a major pain in the behind at every step, from trying to convince the pallet to stay still while you slide the forks under it instead of sliding backwards, to it wanting to stay on your fork once it's here and not wanting to stay on the place where you're trying to drop it.

I can't imagine having to repeatedly do that just to transport fertilizer. Especially with this fertilize 3 times system.

I suppose the same question goes for seeds. It seems that the seed system has been changed, but I haven't seen it demoed yet so I don't know what it's like at all, but I'm afraid it's been changed in much the same way.
Tags:
ringtone downloads, classical ringtone
Last edited by adamjohnson on Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xtry_online

Re: do you have to buy packages of fertilizer now?

Post by Xtry_online »

adamjohnson wrote:I've been watching the promo videos, and the one thing that kind of shocked me was that it looks like you have to buy packages of fertilizer and transport them to your farm in order to load the spreaders (or srpayers, I guess) from them. In other words, I've seen no sign of the previous style of fertilizer loading points.

Are those points gone entirely, or optional now? The thing I'm worried about is from what I've seen, the pallet fork simulation is no better then it was before. It still looks like a major pain in the behind at every step, from trying to convince the pallet to stay still while you slide the forks under it instead of sliding backwards, to it wanting to stay on your fork once it's here and not wanting to stay on the place where you're trying to drop it.

I can't imagine having to repeatedly do that just to transport fertilizer. Especially with this fertilize 3 times system.

I suppose the same question goes for seeds. It seems that the seed system has been changed, but I haven't seen it demoed yet so I don't know what it's like at all, but I'm afraid it's been changed in much the same way.
At the moment there is no other way.
An alternative is
- pick up the pallets. And hover over a tipper.
- drop it at the farm somewhere with the tip annywhere.
- Fill seeders/ fertilizers with a schovel
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Its no big deal in my book, i have no problem with it.
reider

Post by reider »

The weeder is an expensive purchase/lease but covers one of the 3 fertilization modes. In effect once the purchase price is paid their are no other costs to it if you get the cheaper one. Saving on one fertilizer run for all of your fields. My field was light blue, after a run with the weeder it was a darker shade of blue as it only works on the first stage of growth. So it only needs fertilizing once more now.
sekihan

Post by sekihan »

There's always the Helper/AI option - go to game settings and opt for Helper Refill buy for seed, fertilizer, slurry, and manure.

Here's how I mastered the front loader/tele-handler/wheel loader pallet fork. First thing is to make sure the fork is raised above the ground (impossible to steer when forks are scraping the ground). Tilt the pallet forks slightly backwards to avoid getting stuck on incline surfaces (I call this the transport position). Then drive to the raised pallet concrete platform, make sure you're facing the front and not the side of the pallet. Now change the camera angle so that you can see the side of the vehicle and pallet fork, carefully move the fork so that it is perfectly level with the wooden pallet. Go back to the original camera angle. Drive slowly forward until the two forks slide into the wooden pallet holes. Next raise the arm slightly, then tilt the pallet fork backward into the transport position. Now carefully reverse and then drive towards your destination. Avoid sudden stops, and making sharp turns, and don't drive full speed onto a curve or raised surface (you could lose the pallet). Tilt the fork forward and level with the ground (use the side camera angle), carefully place the pallet and slowly reverse the vehicle removing the forks from the pallet.

FS 17 allows you change the steering of the front loader on the fly (front wheel, all wheel, and crab).