Silage Problem

ArizonaSnow

Silage Problem

Post by ArizonaSnow »

I have cut some grass and put it in the silo thing at the biogas plant but it is not registering any fill level or compaction level. I have used a leveler to level it out but still nothing. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Or doesn't the biogas plant take grass anymore for turning into silage????
Klaasslump

Re: Silage Problem

Post by Klaasslump »

Same problem here on ps4
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I could be completely wrong as I've not tried it myself, but I think you have to use a forage harvester to get chaff from grass before you can make silage with it. I think this is part of the silage "nerfing" they talked about from the beginning. The only thing fresh grass is used for now, is to feed cows and sheep.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Hawkeye10

Post by Hawkeye10 »

Another thread was started like this. I think it must be corn now and grass should of never should of worked in FS15 is what they came up with or You need to chop it up with a forage harvester I cant remeber what they came up with and I cant find it as a reference either. Will edit when I find it.
Vincebzh

Post by Vincebzh »

Dont know what you are doing wrong. But I can confirm you can make Silage from grass.Might be silly but did you empty your trailer within the marked area?
mpcalvert86

Post by mpcalvert86 »

ArizonaSnow wrote:I have cut some grass and put it in the silo thing at the biogas plant but it is not registering any fill level or compaction level. I have used a leveler to level it out but still nothing. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Or doesn't the biogas plant take grass anymore for turning into silage????

needs to be fermented in the silage pit to be usable in the biogas plant
ArizonaSnow

Post by ArizonaSnow »

To clear things up slightly, I cut the grass with a normal lawn mower and picked it up with a forage wagon, I emptied it in the silage pit within the marked area but it didn't give me a normal unload I had to unload it using the unload anywhere option (I'm on PS4). I'm not getting any fill level whatsoever. At the moment I'm thinking it won't take normal grass unless it's picked up with a Big X type harvester.
Cowboy10uk

Post by Cowboy10uk »

ArizonaSnow wrote:To clear things up slightly, I cut the grass with a normal lawn mower and picked it up with a forage wagon, I emptied it in the silage pit within the marked area but it didn't give me a normal unload I had to unload it using the unload anywhere option (I'm on PS4). I'm not getting any fill level whatsoever. At the moment I'm thinking it won't take normal grass unless it's picked up with a Big X type harvester.
Same issue here, BUT with silage pits at the cow farm.

Cowboy10uk
ArizonaSnow

Post by ArizonaSnow »

I have now tried using a forage harvester to mow grass and put that in a separate silage bunker and after 3 loads at 20000l it still says 0% fill, is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
ArizonaSnow

Post by ArizonaSnow »

Can anybody tell me if they have actually got the silage bunkers to accept grass, cos no matter what I do it doesnt look as if the bunkers will take grass even though the help section says you can have grass silage. I'm on the PS4 btw.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Are these issues on both maps? Playing on sosnovka at the moment on hard so hoping all issues will be patched by the time I have some money!
SenSeo

Post by SenSeo »

Im playing on Goldcrest.Bought the bigX and small Agroliner trailer,cut some grass,took the chaff to the bioplant but could only tip manually no tip trigger hmm that's weird.
It did fill though it said 8869l compacting 0
[Windows 10 Pro running from Kingston ssd,Asus Maximus IX Hero,I7 7700K,Crucial 16gb RAM,MSI GTX 960 4gb,PS4 controller via usb]
Keseven

Post by Keseven »

I've reread all the in game help bits on grass, silage and chaff and I don't think grass can be used directly in the silos. The wording of the silo is also very specifically "chaff".
Only mention of grass usage is in the context of hay wrapped bales.
uofmtigertim

Post by uofmtigertim »

Keseven wrote:I've reread all the in game help bits on grass, silage and chaff and I don't think grass can be used directly in the silos. The wording of the silo is also very specifically "chaff".
Only mention of grass usage is in the context of hay wrapped bales.

I believe you are correct.

Also when you cut grass with your forage harvester you don't get chaff you get grass.

Forage Harvester

Grass - Use appropriate header and cut grass
Chaff (what can go in bunkers) - Use appropriate header and cut corn, wheat, barley, etc...

Forage Harvesters can not pickup straw and change that to chaff.
ArizonaSnow

Post by ArizonaSnow »

SenSeo wrote:Im playing on Goldcrest.Bought the bigX and small Agroliner trailer,cut some grass,took the chaff to the bioplant but could only tip manually no tip trigger hmm that's weird.
It did fill though it said 8869l compacting 0
What system are you playing on?