Can the sound be turned down on a particular mod

Farmhand2016

Can the sound be turned down on a particular mod

Post by Farmhand2016 »

I just down loaded a really neat Freightliner tractor but the sound is way out of proportion to the rest of my equipment. Is there any way to turn it down or better yet turn it off?
chrisben

Re: Can the sound be turned down on a particular mod

Post by chrisben »

Right click on the vehicle .xml file and choose edit. Scroll down and look for something like this,
<motorStartDuration>2500</motorStartDuration>
<attachSound file="$data/vehicles/shared/attach.wav" pitchOffset="1" />
<motorStartSound file="$data/vehicles/steerable/newHolland/newHollandT8320_start.wav" pitchOffset="0.8" volume="1" />
<motorSound file="$data/vehicles/steerable/newHolland/newHollandT8320_idle.wav" pitchOffset="0.8" pitchScale="0.025" pitchMax="1.45" volume="1" radius="50" innerRadius="20" />

Change volume="1" to a lower value, maybe .50 save and close. Don't know if that will work but it's worth a shot.
Farmhand2016

Post by Farmhand2016 »

Thx crisben, I'll try it and let you know if it worked. Started a new game and am broke...Ha!
Farmhand2016

Post by Farmhand2016 »

Don't know if I didn't adjust the right settings or not but when I went back into my old game, where I had the truck bought, it didn't make any difference. Maybe I just need to delete it clear out of my computer and start over with a fresh download?
chrisben

Post by chrisben »

Here's a short vid with the default settings. https://youtu.be/B1wWooa5-4U
I then changed all the volume settings from 1 to .25. After playing, the volume only went down when I started to reach max speed. Then I changed all the volume settings to 0 and replayed with only slightly better results. The second video shows the results with the volume set to 0, pitch offset .1 and pitchmax .1.

https://youtu.be/LkLAeCKcmHA

I also increased the speed from 25 to 82 mph and increased the horn volume from 10 to 50. So somewhere in between these settings you can adjust your volume to whatever you want, it'll just take some trial and error on your part.
Farmhand2016

Post by Farmhand2016 »

Hey chrisben, I think I know why I failed to turn the sound down, I didn't save the file after making the changes. I have since did a minor modification on a 24 row corn planter from 12,000L to 62,000L capacity, and it worked. Also I found out even after the changes it won't affect any vehicles already purchased. I'm going to try again to lower the sound on that truck. It is a really neat Freightliner. I'll keep in touch.