Please fix cleanliness.

Sarge

Re: Please fix cleanliness.

Post by Sarge »

I agree with the fact that it isn't done very well in this game I was just speculating as to why they thought they needed to do it.
Al Nixon
When God calls the only correct answer is "Yes Lord"!

Platform PC, Hardware-Dell XPS desktop
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

Heck I run my games on real-time and I still feel like I am cleaning more than I am farming. I understand the animals need attention and they are simulating this, but these frigging pigs are almost as co-dependent as my separation anxiety cat!
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
Beastofwar

Post by Beastofwar »

Sarge wrote:I agree with the fact that it isn't done very well in this game I was just speculating as to why they thought they needed to do it.
Told you....to give purpose to the skidloaders.

Those are not vehicles you drive from location to location but leave on the spot for just that type of work. Or lift pallets on a trailer. They are cheaper to maintain then heavier lifters so you can leave them on location and have multiple of them for the cost of a heavier loader which you will have to move from location to location. ( cost wise and more annoying to travel that much )

Of course a tractor with front loader is cheaper then skidloaders but chances are you don't want to travel to distant barns that often just to do a cleaning run of lift some pallets. Or need the tractor for other more priority work. Leaving a tractor with front loader on location will be more expensive then a skidloader.

Thus you need skidloaders, or are supposed to feel the need for them :mrgreen:
Intel i5 3570K 3.40 GHZ (Quad Core)
8 GB Memory DDR3
R9 280 GFX card 3GB DDR5
1x 64GB SDD 1x 128 GB SDD 1x 1TB HDD
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

I love the skid-steers. Just wish I could lift some of the pallets on my map without tilting forward. In real life we could slap some weights on the back. In the game the skid-steers cannot mount weights. So at best they are indeed fit for small forestry work or for cleaning the animal areas.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
Memran

Post by Memran »

WealthyHobo wrote:I use the smallest conveyor to clean with my cows. You just drive by and it picks it up and immediately throws it back in the trough. The conveyor picks up stuff in quite a large area in front of it. So I guess if you place 4-5 of them in the area where feed spills you could pick everything up automatically as soon as it spills. Keeping your cleanliness at 100%
What a great idea! :D
hun3

Post by hun3 »

ArizonaSnow wrote:I don't see why you can't clean the area by hand, it's not as if its a lot of feed they throw out. Seriously you can chop down trees and pick up decent sized logs by hand but you can't pick up a little bit of animal feed?!?!?
I made a suggestion to have a shovel mod that we can use.
CosmicNite

Post by CosmicNite »

hun3 wrote:
ArizonaSnow wrote:I don't see why you can't clean the area by hand, it's not as if its a lot of feed they throw out. Seriously you can chop down trees and pick up decent sized logs by hand but you can't pick up a little bit of animal feed?!?!?
I made a suggestion to have a shovel mod that we can use.
Yeah or even a yard broom would do the trick.
Ex-farmer who should know better enjoying farming simulator.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrCosmicNite
tecto

Post by tecto »

WealthyHobo wrote:I use the smallest conveyor to clean with my cows. You just drive by and it picks it up and immediately throws it back in the trough. The conveyor picks up stuff in quite a large area in front of it. So I guess if you place 4-5 of them in the area where feed spills you could pick everything up automatically as soon as it spills. Keeping your cleanliness at 100%
Can you attach a screenshot to see how it looks?
WolfeUK

Post by WolfeUK »

I like the idea, but to lose productivity is abit extreme, maybe when the cleanliness gets to below 50 does it then start effecting, otherwise you'd spend your whole time waiting for it to drop below 100% to clean it again to keep productivity up
XB1~PC....I do struggle to understand sometimes, but i try :mrgreen:
Alexandro

Post by Alexandro »

I hate the cleaning because the damn bucket get stuck in the ground, in the through and even in the black yellow stripes, doesn't matter if those are visible or not. By the cows I clean up with the Silo King, it's like the most expensive vacuum cleaner in the world, but works fast and I make my TMR with looses "ingredients" anyway. If the Silo King could scoop up corn and grass I would buy two more.
Beastofwar

Post by Beastofwar »

My damn bucket gets stuck in concrete and launches my Kramer/JCB in the air when i try free it !
Intel i5 3570K 3.40 GHZ (Quad Core)
8 GB Memory DDR3
R9 280 GFX card 3GB DDR5
1x 64GB SDD 1x 128 GB SDD 1x 1TB HDD
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Plasmatic

Post by Plasmatic »

I'd honestly like to see more options in the game, like we have with periodic plowing and fertilizer stages, turn animal cleaning on and off with make a couple sensitivity settings in between? 25% 50% and 75% speed on dirtiness?
andhe78

Post by andhe78 »

Beastofwar wrote:My damn bucket gets stuck in concrete and launches my Kramer/JCB in the air when i try free it !
I like using the silage leveler to clean the troughs. Granted, it doesn't pick up the mess, but when I get a good pile, just come up with a big loader and clean it up in a couple passes. The leveler just drops down without having to monkey around with the height like a regular loader.

Am going to have to try the conveyor thing though, good idea.
tuscani08

Post by tuscani08 »

Using the small conveyor works a treat.

thank you WealthyHobo for the info.
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

andhe78 wrote:
Beastofwar wrote:My damn bucket gets stuck in concrete and launches my Kramer/JCB in the air when i try free it !
I like using the silage leveler to clean the troughs. Granted, it doesn't pick up the mess, but when I get a good pile, just come up with a big loader and clean it up in a couple passes. The leveler just drops down without having to monkey around with the height like a regular loader.

Am going to have to try the conveyor thing though, good idea.
Oooh. I may have to try that. I, too, could care less about losing the stuff. It's such a minimal amount that I'd rather focus on time than loss.
Faelandaea Dravin