Modhub question

vondeylenfarms

Modhub question

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Looking on giants site in the modhub I see alot of mods in beta, which I'm assuming are in testing for release? Also I see alot that say "new" but I don't see them on the game? Fyi I'm on ps4, unless alot of these are for PC only?
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
sebasfarmer1990

Re: Modhub question

Post by sebasfarmer1990 »

when the mod is in beta it means they are testing it if any bugs are in the mods before they release it, to the question if those mods are for pc only well thats what i want to know as well :P :P
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

I don't know the details in which Giants goes through to hand out mods for the consoles, but I assume Giants has to do extra testing and convert them to a different format for each console. So You may see mods appear here on the modhub before they are available on console. But from my understanding console will be getting all non-script mods that are released on modhub.

As for the Beta, they are mods that haven't been fully tested yet by Giants, however are available for PC users (for the reason stated above, I highly doubt console's will have access to any beta mods).
PC gamer.
sebasfarmer1990

Beastbubba wrote:I don't know the details in which Giants goes through to hand out mods for the consoles, but I assume Giants has to do extra testing and convert them to a different format for each console. So You may see mods appear here on the modhub before they are available on console. But from my understanding console will be getting all non-script mods that are released on modhub.

As for the Beta, they are mods that haven't been fully tested yet by Giants, however are available for PC users (for the reason stated above, I highly doubt console's will have access to any beta mods).
so that means the console users will not getting that awsome man truck and trailer that is in beta right now? and what is the difference between a scripted and non-scripted mod?
Because 99% of all those awesome mods are scripted and for pc only :(
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Beta mods will get released after they are finished being tested... Any vechicles or equipment that has the standard FS17 functions should be fine for consoles.

Script mods are mods like BGA Extension, which completely changes the way the BGA functions. The 4real mods are script mods too.

Any mod that changes functions of the game is a script.
PC gamer.
sebasfarmer1990

Beastbubba wrote:Beta mods will get released after they are finished being tested... Any vechicles or equipment that has the standard FS17 functions should be fine for consoles.

Script mods are mods like BGA Extension, which completely changes the way the BGA functions. The 4real mods are script mods too.

Any mod that changes functions of the game is a script.
ahaa i understand :D of course the console users have some old mods that where been in fs15 ass well but im looking forward to see some new ones coming soon :D so that means consoles are getting the woodchip shed that was released yesterday? because its using the same functions like the shed package that we have now for consoles
eric21

Post by eric21 »

sebasfarmer1990 wrote:
Beastbubba wrote:I don't know the details in which Giants goes through to hand out mods for the consoles, but I assume Giants has to do extra testing and convert them to a different format for each console. So You may see mods appear here on the modhub before they are available on console. But from my understanding console will be getting all non-script mods that are released on modhub.

so that means the console users will not getting that awsome man truck and trailer that is in beta right now? and what is the difference between a scripted and non-scripted mod?
Because 99% of all those awesome mods are scripted and for pc only :(
Not right not, seems mods for consoles are up on friday like last friday or Monday night with the krone and sheds
Blitz Krieg 188

Post by Blitz Krieg 188 »

Is the BANK OF HENGINSECHT A SCRIPTED MOD? AND MONEY MOD or a mod that help you gain more money because it take a long time, and the crops don't sell for ****, you'll need at lest 100's of thousands of liters of the highest selling crop to get a lot of money
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Bank of H is a script. And it actually adds more expenses. It allows you to get more dept, up tp 10 mil i think. But the interest on dept is more, and there is an extra penality for being late on paying it back.

And btw, yes it takes time and work to get out of debt and buy new equipment. But if easy mode and the missions arent making money fast enougg for you, then you may want to just stay away from any simulation games..
PC gamer.
thediabl0

Post by thediabl0 »

I don't know because a mod is launch in beta, why the New Holland 8340 is the base game with more options wheels, work fine, log clear and is in beta section.
PC Specs:
- i5 4690 3.5 Ghz
- GTX 1060 O6G
- 16 GB Ram DDR3
- Win 7 Pro
- Xbox One Controller