Turning straw into chaff

Plasmatic

Re: Turning straw into chaff

Post by Plasmatic »

How did you get it to stay in the silo to start with? Whatever I dump in a silo just leaks out on all sides.. the chaff can apparently phase shift through the concrete :P
hun3

Post by hun3 »

pest0n wrote:Image

The fu** am I supposed to do with all this? :D
Well I just learned something. In FS15 I was collecting straw for silage like a madman. So now straw is only good for animal bedding and for mixed food for cows?
Mr.Smoke

Post by Mr.Smoke »

That is a lot of straw. Bale it i guess?
Gazer75

Post by Gazer75 »

hun3 wrote:Well I just learned something. In FS15 I was collecting straw for silage like a madman. So now straw is only good for animal bedding and for mixed food for cows?
How did you do that? AFAIK the silage rows only accepted chaff in 15. In 13 however you could unload straw directly at the biogas plant and earn a lot of money.

Straw is only good for bedding and fill for TMR. You can sell it, but the value is pretty low. Think its 30€. That's so low that I think the cost of picking it up is very close. Even more so now with rising maintenance cost of vehicles. And having to do this manually makes it a waste of time for very little money.
Nostomania

Post by Nostomania »

What i'm saying is i don't think that this not working in FS17 is an oversight, it most likely was an oversight in FS15.
Realism aside, there are 2 pages under Help that specifically state straw can be used for chaff.
pest0n

Post by pest0n »

I installed a shed (mod) which I store the straw and will use it for bedding for cows and pigs later on, real shame we can't use it for chaff.
pest0n

Post by pest0n »

Nostomania wrote:
What i'm saying is i don't think that this not working in FS17 is an oversight, it most likely was an oversight in FS15.
Realism aside, there are 2 pages under Help that specifically state straw can be used for chaff.
Yeah I get it's unrealistic but why write it down then Giants? They messed up either way
pest0n

Post by pest0n »

Gazer75 wrote:
hun3 wrote:Well I just learned something. In FS15 I was collecting straw for silage like a madman. So now straw is only good for animal bedding and for mixed food for cows?
How did you do that? AFAIK the silage rows only accepted chaff in 15. In 13 however you could unload straw directly at the biogas plant and earn a lot of money.

Straw is only good for bedding and fill for TMR. You can sell it, but the value is pretty low. Think its 30€. That's so low that I think the cost of picking it up is very close. Even more so now with rising maintenance cost of vehicles. And having to do this manually makes it a waste of time for very little money.
I just dumped it using ctrl+i
hun3

Post by hun3 »

Gazer75 wrote:

I just used those with any foraging harvester. Picked up straw turned it into shaff.

Gazer75

Post by Gazer75 »

Looks like a bug was found.
If those can indeed turn straw into chaff, which they would be able to IRL, then they are missing the icon for that.
As you can see in the picture its only listing grass and hay.
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

How did you get such nice piles? Mine come out with more lumps than a guy on the ass end of an ass kicking...
pest0n

Post by pest0n »

manosaurus wrote:

How did you get such nice piles? Mine come out with more lumps than a guy on the ass end of an ass kicking...
Hahah I kept the same speed and didn't turn the wheels and also I called upon a lot of luck from beyond ;)