Pros and cons with fs 17 vs fs 15

Hawke67

Pros and cons with fs 17 vs fs 15

Post by Hawke67 »

So, I ask myself (and you) what did we get in fs17 that we didn't have in fs 15? What is improved and what still neesds fixing? Here is my thoughts on the subject.

On the plus side.
+everything looks better, I can't really specify how, but it just does.
+Physics seem better. Tractors and everything seems to have more weight. Feels more realistic.
+Better selection of vehicles and tools.

On the minus side.
-A pile of straw can stop a 300hp+ tractor dead in its track when trying to pull a seader over/trough it. Seriously? How did this pass beta testing?
-Silage. Really hard to run trough in the silage bunker. The tractor acts like it was made out of concrete.

On the "I have no idea yet" side.
-+ Havent tried forestry yet, but if the physics is fixed compared to fs 15 I count it on the plus side.

So, what are your thoughts about this?

Cheers and happy digital farming m8s
Tom
Hawke67

Re: Pros and cons with fs 17 vs fs 15

Post by Hawke67 »

An addition to my post.
The mission system is pretty ok to and count on the plus side.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Umm FS17 is + on Everything over 15 IMO.

What are you talking about with the straw? I've been bailing and haven't noticed any collision with the windrows... How big of a pile are you talking about?
PC gamer.
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

Not having any cons FS17 vs FS15. All fine with FS17. Curious as well as how you got stuck on that pile... never had it either.
MC, aka Master of Cereals
Schlacker

Post by Schlacker »

What are you talking about with the straw? I've been bailing and haven't noticed any collision with the windrows... How big of a pile are you talking about?
The large combines leave large mounds of straw all over the place where ever they stop (full bunker or before turn), when driven by the helper. The mounds are so big even the large tractors will get stuck on them.
Alexandro

Post by Alexandro »

Beastbubba wrote:Umm FS17 is + on Everything over 15 IMO.

When the combine stops the straw piles up and the tractor has issues with the baler. Even stripes of mowed grass are solid.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Like i said. Ive been baleing, and ive been using a windrower and the largest pile i have seen had noclipping, tractor went right thru it.

I play on pc, are yall on a console when it does this?
And if so which one?
PC gamer.
Hawke67

Post by Hawke67 »

Beastbubba wrote:Umm FS17 is + on Everything over 15 IMO.

Well, the pile of straw wasnt that big, just the size the combine normaly leave in the end of each turn. Found my helper stuck on it with the 9m horsh seeder, most of the times the seeder dont get stuck tho, but it happens.

Cheers
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

That brings up another question...

Why are you seeding over straw?
Its extra money you could have by gathering it, or if you not planning on gathering it why not disable swath on the combine when harvesting the wheat or barley?
PC gamer.
Hawke67

Post by Hawke67 »

Beastbubba wrote:That brings up another question...

Why are you seeding over straw?
Its extra money you could have by gathering it, or if you not planning on gathering it why not disable swath on the combine when harvesting the wheat or barley?
I normally do disable it but this time I forgot. :)
Hawke67

Post by Hawke67 »

Schlacker wrote:
The large combines leave large mounds of straw all over the place where ever they stop (full bunker or before turn), when driven by the helper. The mounds are so big even the large tractors will get stuck on them.
Yes, exactly. And even tractors pulling cultivators get stuck on them/jumps over them. I let a helper cultivate a field with straw left on it and when he was done there were several piles of straw that the cultivtor had literally bounced over. Tryin to remove them myself it took several runs over them to make them dissapare during witch I got stuck several times.
MButterfly

Post by MButterfly »

I just now got my copy today, and I discovered the streaming radio station options. Wow! That's definitely a plus in my book. :D

(I'm pretty sure that wasn't in FS15, unless I was completely oblivious.)

I've only been playing for an hour or two, but I can tell that this one is my favorite. It's got a lot of nice touches.
crash

Post by crash »

I've checked the piles with a baler.. The biggest combine with 45ft header leaves a 1000liter pile of straw.(35ft header leaves around 800l) That's 1x1x1m.. 1m2.. Which is solid.. Straw isn't solid in loose dry form.. I got stuck with the smallest jcb, and the iveco, had to disconnect the trailer to get of the pile. If you fit a bucket to a front loader, will it push it when you bale?

It's not the volume of the pile that's wrong, it's the density of the straw in loose form on the field..
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Forestry is much better. I HATED having to cut trees in 15 to expand fields. Now I do it because it's actually fun. I like using the frontloader. Love loading pallets. I may even give bale stacking a try in this version instead of the autostacker. Vehicle customization, while limited, is a very nice touch. There's more "manual labor" in this version than others. A lot of small jobs to do in between crop cycles.

I have noticed the straw piles but a quick run around the headlands with a windrower before baling will take care of it. If you're not going to bale/ collect the straw, disable it in the combine. If you forgot, cultivate. If you tried to direct drill in a field with rows of straw, you would get about 20ft. before the drill got clogged up.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!