Adjust pulling capacity of tractors

tnajner

Adjust pulling capacity of tractors

Post by tnajner »

Hi All,

please adjust pulling capacity/capability of tractors according to their horsepower. I know that it is more realistic than in FS15 or FS 13 however, it is still faraway from reality. For example if plow has sowing machine has horsepower rating of 180hp + I assumed that using tractor with just 99hp would not be possible or that tractor would move just at 5kph, however in the game I can use tractor with 99HP to pull sowing machine with HP rating 180+ and travel at 14 kph. I do not think it is realistic. Please make it that such tractor wont be able to pull it, or pull it at ridiculous speed say 4 kph and with lot of wheel slip or so.

Similarly I used plow which requires 300 hp + and I used tractor Massey Ferguson with 240 hp, that tractor easily pulled that plow at 13kph on a flat and 9-10 kph in slight uphill. Well I think that plowing should be done generally at 10-12 kph with proper HP match. I my case where HP requirement is lot higher, again I would assume that Tractor would pull it but at say 8-9kph on flat and 6-7 kph in the hill.

Please make it more realistic, also add some more tire slippage when tractor is either not heavy enough or does not have enough power.

What I like is how power is applied when pulling heavy trailer, that is really close to reality.

Another thing is Dirt mod, it is good, I like it in general, however it is not that realistic. Tires gets really dirty even if soil is dry, at times it is really unrealistic how dirty they get. Even if I set it in options to slow. How this mod works currently, is realistic say for wet and muddy soil as tires get really browny. I would keep current functionality for wet/mud scenario, however for dry conditions please adjust it so tires are black with just dusty/mud accents.

Thanks, otherwise very impressive game. Good work

Tomas
adriancos

Re: Adjust pulling capacity of tractors

Post by adriancos »

hello tnajer

the problem is not on the tractors, it is on implements, the power requirements defined for them in their xml is much, much lower then advertised in the shopping menu

i hope we will receive a 4Real module with the changes you requested, but if you do not want to wait:
you can fix this, if you edit the required pto power by adjusting xml file for each implement ( the ones you are using, of course), however keep in mind that editing the files in game folder will break multiplayer, but if you do only single player you will be fine
after the adjustment you will not be able to use implements with tractors with lower hp, and tractors that just match hp requirements will be punished really bad on slopes
or a more complex approach, create a mod that adjust pto power for implements, in doing so, you will not touch original game files
W1der

Post by W1der »

adriancos wrote:hello tnajer

the problem is not on the tractors, it is on implements, the power requirements defined for them in their xml is much, much lower then advertised in the shopping menu

i hope we will receive a 4Real module with the changes you requested, but if you do not want to wait:
you can fix this, if you edit the required pto power by adjusting xml file for each implement ( the ones you are using, of course), however keep in mind that editing the files in game folder will break multiplayer, but if you do only single player you will be fine
after the adjustment you will not be able to use implements with tractors with lower hp, and tractors that just match hp requirements will be punished really bad on slopes
or a more complex approach, create a mod that adjust pto power for implements, in doing so, you will not touch original game files
So ... why is this not the correct values to begin with!?
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
GregFX4

Post by GregFX4 »

Similar with combines. Can put a much bigger header on than the store suggests.
Vanguard

Post by Vanguard »

The HP required shown in the store should not match the number in the XML file. The number in the XML is the horsepower the implement will "consume" from the PTO. The number in the shop is a practical amount of HP the tractor should have to be used with this implement.

If an implement requires 100 HP, you would need a 160+ HP tractor because you need some HP to move the tractor itself... The implement would use up 100 and you would have 60 "left over" for the tractor itself (I'm simplifying here, but that's the mechanics of the game).

When it comes to a plow... It technically only uses power to unfold and rotate, it doesn't use any power when it's just being dragged along, so it can be even more confusing... The amount of HP actually needed to pull the plow has nothing to with the number in the XML at this point. Make sense?
The Canucks

Post by The Canucks »

W1der wrote:
adriancos wrote:hello tnajer

So ... why is this not the correct values to begin with!?
Because I sometimes you can't afford a bigger tractor and in real life you can control things like depth, spacing of seed, ect. It makes sense to me