Do Giant's have a clue what they are doing?

wallacewellfarm

Do Giant's have a clue what they are doing?

Post by wallacewellfarm »

Just wondering if Giant's actually know what they are doing as i have read alot of comment's about pc players having yet more problems with this new 1.3 patch thats out.
Personally i am on console and won't download the patch when it comes out for consoles until i see what others are saying about it.
Giant's have a great game on their hands and some great features but i am not very trust worthy when it comes to these updates and patches now.
Thoughts?
Beastbubba

Re: Do Giant's have a clue what they are doing?

Post by Beastbubba »

I haven't had any issues, but I'm also not to silage atm and haven't cut down any trees since the patch. Diden't affect my game other than resetting my MPH / Dollar settings, which is simple to set back.
PC gamer.
Zetor9145

Post by Zetor9145 »

It's early days yet BUT I think they have cured most of the annoying bugs but I wont be able to test the bunkers for a few days.

Workers are for the best part working better...!
W1der

Post by W1der »

wallacewellfarm wrote:Just wondering if Giant's actually know what they are doing as i have read alot of comment's about pc players having yet more problems with this new 1.3 patch thats out.
Personally i am on console and won't download the patch when it comes out for consoles until i see what others are saying about it.
Giant's have a great game on their hands and some great features but i am not very trust worthy when it comes to these updates and patches now.
Thoughts?

I noticed that some players are reporting problems that actually is not problems ...
When things do not work the way it used to ... that might not be a problem ... that might be an improvement to fix the previous problem ... or possibly only a "work around" ...

After doing some random game play, after the update ... I noticed several things that has been changed ...
So ... the learning curb has been set back a bit ... and I need to get familiar with the new way (before I can tell if it works better or not).

The first thing I noticed is that front loaders and crane movement was different ... and I needed to start changing the "sensitivity" for them.
After some tuning I got them working the way I want it again ... *thumbsup*

Happy to see that "camera sensitivity" has been added, in the menus ... !
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Denhalen

Post by Denhalen »

So far I haven't found major issues with the new patch. Just that I needed to adjust my field of view and a modded plough now still leaves a small bit not plowed. But as all patches goes. Every patch uncovers a new issue or conflict. And not all fixes are major or game changing. Sometimes Mods are needed for that.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Actually ...

After all I read and "said" on this forum since day 1 of FS17 ... also looking back on how I tried playing this game "the old FS15 way" ...
My decision now, is to start a new "savegame" ... and do things "the FS17 way" instead ... :blushnew:

I will be cheating 500 000 in to the game for some placeable trees (to make the map look more alive) ...
Then I will do the nuggets ... to give myself a boost regarding "starting equipment" ... and take it from there ... *thumbsup*
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
OneAmongOthers

Post by OneAmongOthers »

Logging is fine now. It was broken before.
W1der

Post by W1der »

OneAmongOthers wrote:Logging is fine now. It was broken before.
Logging still has problems ...

Logs keep sliding out of the grip of log forks and crane tools ...
Also ... after the update I seen my first "invisible" tree ...
erict43

Post by erict43 »

Yes, they know what they are doing. This isn't the first time they've done this. I have had worse experiences with other game launches, and better with others, but so far I haven't had any major problems with FS17. I think they have been fairly quick to get problems fixed.
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

Have any of you ever tried a new version of any operating system?? They all fail something as do new games. It takes a few months of give and take and if I fix this it breaks that, to get to the best middle of the road location.

Obviously patience is not one of a gamers' virtues or if it is none of us have it.
Al Nixon
When God calls the only correct answer is "Yes Lord"!

Platform PC, Hardware-Dell XPS desktop
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

If you think Farming Simulator 17 has alot of issues, go try one of it's current compeditors. Some of the others are so bad they are almost unplayable.
PC gamer.
WARHAWKx88

Post by WARHAWKx88 »

Beastbubba wrote:If you think Farming Simulator 17 has alot of issues, go try one of it's current compeditors. Some of the others are so bad they are almost unplayable.
Exactly right. As much as some gamers want to complain about this game or its updates, it is much better off than those that try to be competitors. GIANTS made a big leap in terms of gameplay with this iteration, and it really makes you dive further in and be that much more preoccupied with managing your farm. There is no light undertaking when you take on animals, for instance. The expansions on mechanics in this game are a big improvement and incorporate many things that modders had added into FS15. Will there be bugs? Absolutely. The thing that most developers would tell you is every time you attempt a fix, it can and usually will introduce new bugs. I have faith in GIANTS that they will squash most of these bugs and the game will be better for it. Patience is key..
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

Real life is complicated, so I give devs a lot of slack for trying to simulate it.

And this is the only good simulation game that has been available on consoles, so they're sailing in uncharted waters.
Alexandro

Post by Alexandro »

Since the update trees have stopped to sink into the ground, no matter how i cut them. There is still a problem when you try to load logs on a trailer to full capacity. I have to put a belt every 3 or 4 logs, or the craziest things happen.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

I am not having any problems with the new update.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt