Why does my Jenz BA 725 D roll around like it has no brakes?

RustyDagger

Why does my Jenz BA 725 D roll around like it has no brakes?

Post by RustyDagger »

So I recently had a great demand for woodchips The small green Jenz Woodchipper with crane was just too awkward to shoot logs into straight from the scorpion king. So I got my self a Jenz BA 725 D As it has a much larger conveyor and nicely shaped sides to help guide logs in. But this is when i ran into a few issues.

1. when turned on ( manual Ignition mode ) and then B is pressed to turn on the machine. If you bump or just try to put logs into it in general the thing starts to drive off on its own. You can sit inside it and it will stop but as soon as you exit it it rolls down hills or keeps driving off on its own. Iv taken to wedging machines around it to keep it still. ofc none of this is an issue if you leave a tractor connected to it, But that gets in the way of putting logs in And the machine turns its self off every time you connect to it.

2. The internal storage. It holds 5000 woodchips inside it at any given time But no where is it displayed it should be on the HUD just like a trailer or Bucket.
Whats more If you insert a full grown tree you can make around 30,000 woodchips if your trailer fills after even 1/8th of the tree is in it will waste over half the tree because it keeps the 5000 then just makes the rest vanish. It really needs a more realistic internal storage And for it to be displayed.

I had an idea for a workaround for the internal storage issues, I decided i could just drop it on the ground and use conveyors to load it as i needed, 3 issues with that idea.

1. conveyors load so bloody slow it cant keep up with the sheer volume the woodchipper makes.
2. piles on the ground seem to have some kind of max and after that also make every thing else dropped on it vanish.
3. piles on the ground have no way of showing how much is in said pile.

To sum it up

Add a park brake.
Increase internal storage.
display internal storage.
OneAmongOthers

Re: Why does my Jenz BA 725 D roll around like it has no brakes?

Post by OneAmongOthers »

About the Jenz BA 725 D. Hooking a vehicle up to the chipper makes it stop and not move again. Even when you unhook from it. It's a bug that it moves.

The conveyors are slow by design I believe. They are a slow steady flow of material or product. If you want faster use a shovel with either the telehandler or wheel loader. 6000L for the wheel loader and 4500L for the telehandler. As for not displaying internal storage of the chipper... I agree with you on that. It should display its current capacity, but as for increasing it? No point as it doesn't need to be. Don't try to chip entire trees. Also if it wasn't for that silliness of the placeable biomass plant and the fact the price of it never changes chips wouldn't better than a proper logging operation.
RustyDagger

Re: Why does my Jenz BA 725 D roll around like it has no brakes?

Post by RustyDagger »

maybe people would do a real logging operation if the logs didn't just spaz out the back of the trailer half way trough loading. or a log trailer with a back wall was provided. as stated the only reason i was doing chips was because of the demand and the increased price, even on normal the price per tree is seemingly a bit too low for the effort put in. especially if you don't have all the bigger gear.