Are pigs REALLY worth it? Or I am just wasting my time, effort, and money? / How to sell pig food?

JohnDeere318

Are pigs REALLY worth it? Or I am just wasting my time, effort, and money? / How to sell pig food?

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Are pigs REALLY worth the time, effort, and money, because I am thinking they weren't a good idea. I should've done sheep, but wasted more than $100k on pigs.

Also, where would I sell the darn pig food! :smileynew: Bought tons of it and now I want to switch to sheep, but I need to get rid of it some how... Maybe just dump it into the river and cause pollution...? Maybe... :lol:
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
BigC92

Re: Are pigs REALLY worth it? Or I am just wasting my time, effort, and money? / How to sell pig food?

Post by BigC92 »

JohnDeere318 wrote:Are pigs REALLY worth the time, effort, and money, because I am thinking they weren't a good idea. I should've done sheep, but wasted more than $100k on pigs.

Also, where would I sell the darn pig food! :smileynew: Bought tons of it and now I want to switch to sheep, but I need to get rid of it some how... Maybe just dump it into the river and cause pollution...? Maybe... :lol:
I haven't heard anything bad about them, why not do them all, make a challenge out of it, but make em reproduce, and sell them.
NITROBUSA

Re: Are pigs REALLY worth it? Or I am just wasting my time, effort, and money? / How to sell pig food?

Post by NITROBUSA »

I'm running all animals, I have 50 of each going for the achievement on Xbone.

I'm not sure if their "worth" the effort? I have noticed that buying the pig food is ridiculously expensive for the amount I have so just grow everything they need.
Xtrememaster

Post by Xtrememaster »

Pig food is just an extra fast option..(but its expensive) Better try to give them food from your harvasted crops, which is much cheaper..
Pigs are good for manure, slurry and for selling them. You really need the manure and slurry as a free fertilizer option for fields...

Dry fertilizer and liquid version of it are some what expensive if you really need a big load of it.
Pre-ordered FS17 1x xbox one version, 1x steam version 1x Giants store versionHaving 2x saitek heavy equipment steers (one is here and the other under way) Also pre-ordered the FS17 collectors edition. *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup* :chinese:
TopSoil

Post by TopSoil »

Pigs have an extremly high reproduction rate. About 17% per day. So in 5 days ir whatever you will have doubke the number you bought. The only significant income feom pigs is selling the offspring at 1200 bucks each. Sheep you sell wool and cows you sell milk. Giants dont want us selling bacon it seems hehe.

I did an analysis on the varioud animals. Pigs are the lowest return if you sell every day (@1200 each), but if you hold them the reproductive rate kicks into gear exponentially....but again you do have to sell eventually
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

Pigs are definitely worth the money. However you really lose a good chunk of that profit if you take the lazy way out and buy the bags of feed. My advice would be just to keep feeding it to them until you run out.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Dexzilla

Post by Dexzilla »

100 pigs give a good income and require no extra equipment and almost no work.. the birth rate is the income...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9Qhbq2HE1E
XBOX YouTube:
Farming Simulator19 XBOX Cow Care and Cattle Calculations https://youtu.be/1LE5vF1b5v8
Farming Simulator19 XBOX Basic Forestry: The Wood is Good https://youtu.be/uKG1fEsLujs
Let's Play FS19 XBOX Ravenport HARD Pig Farm Pt:11 BAD MOTHER-TRUCKER https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI84FSCccHU&t=89s
Zetor9145

Post by Zetor9145 »

Yes they are worth it but only when you feed them your own food you have grown and then have a round number of 200. You get about 45-50 extra per 24 hrs I think.

The other thing is to use a tipper to fill your trough when you have this amount as its surprising how long it takes to put all the different ingredients in the trough by bucket.
Cbranscum1

Post by Cbranscum1 »

I don't really want to be that guy because I like making money in the game as well.
But are you having fun tending to them? It's still a game in the end and if your not having fun then try something else.

In all honesty almost everything you can do in the game forestry silage crops animals will make you profit.
Pc
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

We'll I went the lazy way out. :lol: I am going to get rid of them once I run out of pig food and everything else has run out, so that the place is a desert. Going with sheep.

I don't have enough crops because I sell them and I only plant soybeans, so I can't really feed them my crop, as I am trying to expand my farm. Sheep is getting $8k for wool which is awesome! And just got a great demand saying that they want $12k for wool!!! :D I would like to get another combine and buy field 26, but I need money and pigs aren't really getting me any. Sorry if I am greedy, but I can't help it. :lol:

Anyway, thanks for all of your input and great information! *thumbsup*

How to post your log.txt
erict43

Post by erict43 »

Slightly OT, but why only soybeans? Add some corn and wheat once in a while and you have 95% pig food.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

erict43 wrote:Slightly OT, but why only soybeans? Add some corn and wheat once in a while and you have 95% pig food.
Well, the money is where it's at. *thumbsup* Once I get Field 26 and another tractor and maybe another combine, I should be good. Once I get the stuff I need (and want :blushnew: ) then I should be able to grow more crops and maybe get pigs again, but now, they are not my biggest priority.

How to post your log.txt
erict43

Post by erict43 »

JohnDeere318 wrote:
erict43 wrote:Slightly OT, but why only soybeans? Add some corn and wheat once in a while and you have 95% pig food.
Well, the money is where it's at. *thumbsup* Once I get Field 26 and another tractor and maybe another combine, I should be good. Once I get the stuff I need (and want :blushnew: ) then I should be able to grow more crops and maybe get pigs again, but now, they are not my biggest priority.
I didn't realize you could do the same crop all the time and still make money. I tried that in 15 with sugar beets and after a couple of harvests I was barely breaking even!
Alexandro

Post by Alexandro »

Animals are fun. I couldn't just play hours seeding and harvesting to make money. Animals are a gold mine, once you have a lot of them. It takes a while with cows, but then it's a cash flow. Pigs give a lot of work and you have to transport them, but once you have hundreds, it's worthy. Sheep are actually not so good at the beginning, because it takes forever to have enough wool to bother selling it and the reproduction rate is really low. But they are happy with just grass and water, so later they will be a good source of income, at least for covering the daily expenses.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

JohnDeere318 wrote:We'll I went the lazy way out. :lol: I am going to get rid of them once I run out of pig food and everything else has run out, so that the place is a desert. Going with sheep.
Since you already have them, my suggestion is to keep them (obviously, do what you want; they're your pigs). It doesn't take a big corn field to keep them at 50% for a long time. Other than the water trailer, there is no specialized equipment you need to keep them. I only pay attention to the "cleanliness" if I happen by with a bucket. If you have straw bales, you can just drop them in the zone and they'll instantly "shred". They have a great reproduction rate, they give you free fertilize, and they're far enough away from your house that you don't have to smell them. :biggrin2: I'm telling you, one tipper of corn will pay off more in pigs than it will selling direct. I started with 10 pigs, delivered. I've sold off about 180 and got them back down to 10. Good little bump $$ there for not much effort.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!