BIG OLD Equipment

The Real Justin

BIG OLD Equipment

Post by The Real Justin »

Hopefully this post will remind or encourage modders and GIANTS that older tractors don't/didn't all fall into the 90hp-150hp range.
I'd love to see some of the early articulated tractors become available to users of all platforms at some point.

Allis Chalmers 8550 (which I would think would be licensed through AGCO). At one time, Allis Chalmers was one of the leading innovators of engineering of tractors in the United States. Plus, I Confess I have a strong emotional bias toward them. Usually it's all about what we grow up with.

Steiger Tiger and Steiger Barn Series. After all, the articulated tractors in North America are basically Steigers with different skins.

Kirovets 700

Ford also made some large articulating tractors which quite frankly I'm too lazy to look up the proper name of the models at this moment. Maybe Ford liscensing would already be coverd by New Holland.

Schluter 1500 and 2500 rigid frame tractors are awesome old machines as well.

I'd expect there are quite a few more, these are just some examples.

The idea here might be that these old, very used machines could be purchased for $50,000-$75,000'ish, already with many hours on the machine.
Their purpose, other than nostalgia for old guys like me, could be a way to get a tractor that can handle the large grain drills and discs early in the game.
The trade-off would be the high cost for maintainance, in order to keep economical balance and prevent the low initial buying price from being a "cheat".

Again, just a thought hopefully for consideration to be included in a classics pack, or become available mods (for ALL platforms) later down the road.
Gizz

Re: BIG OLD Equipment

Post by Gizz »

im also an "olde" :D... Everything i mod or create from scratch is 60s/70s/80s all the new flash stuff does nothing for me im afraid ...

im currently very busy modding all things old for 17 so once i get a healthy selection of equipment i want to fire up and "olde" themed server... :)..

as for your request... you have no chance with giants.. they wont go purchase all the licenses needed to make a few bits of equipment... so its down to modders im afraid... there are a few modders out there other than me that knock out the older stuff but its gonna take time for this content to be released im sorry to say.. but it will...

as for the larger stuff i agree all the old stuff seems to be the little tractors that have a hard time pulling a loaded trailer.. i also would like to see this change!, i personly like a small farm with the old stuff on, so i personally don't have a need for huge tractors BUT even on small farms you need something with a bit more umph... ill be modding my own for such situations but i agree.. i think the olde equipment doesnt get the love it deserves, but saying that im guess im biased LOL..

but waiting on giants is a no go im afraid :(
eric21

Post by eric21 »

This year you might get a better chance of older equipment
The Real Justin

Post by The Real Justin »

Gizz wrote:
...as for your request... you have no chance with giants.. they wont go purchase all the licenses needed to make a few bits of equipment...

but waiting on giants is a no go im afraid :(
I'll be the first to tell you, I'm not overly bright, and I'm not necessarily challenging what you say here. Maybe I'm a little hard headed and ignorant about licensing.

The Schluter 1500 and Schluter 2500 were both playable tractors in Farming Simulator 13 and Farming Simulator 15. Maybe they had an agreement that didn't extend past those two iterations of the game?

The Kirovets 700 was in Farming Simulator 13. Again, perhaps the licensing agreement for this particular tractor has expired.

AGCO began as a company in part when they bought out Allis Chalmers, so to my limited mind any agreement with AGCO would include Allis Chalmers and Gleaner.

New Holland bought out or merged with Ford tractors in the early to mid 1990's so once again i would think... well, see above.

Now before the flaming begins, I understand that I'm just one player who has this type of equipment on my wish list. And that's ALL it is, just a wish list. I don't expect any of this and I'm in no way claiming to be entitled to anything.

Furthermore, let me reiterate, i'm just an ignorant old manual laborer at best, so I'm likely wrong in my estimation of the liscencing deals with the brands in question, but...
...my just good ol' boy common sense makes this a little difficult to understand.

Again just to be clear about my confusion, I'm not demanding someone makes this happen. I just don't see licensing as the holdup. I've been wrong MANY times. Probably am here too.
PaulDuPouy

Post by PaulDuPouy »

The AGCO umbrella should cover White, Oliver, Gleaner, Allis Chalmers, Minneapolis Moline, Heston, sunflower, Fendt, Massey Ferguson, Massey Harris, etc
mtx95sho on XB1, Oct. '17 convert to the master race :hi:
Gizz

Post by Gizz »

justin..

i hop my post didn't come over in the wrong manner.. i wasn't questioning your intelligence on the subject, hell im not exactly CEO of giants so what do i know :D... just in my experience many people have wanted ford in the game but its always been shot down along with other manufactures.. plus the fact that giants dont seem to hot on creating the older stuff.. yea we had the classic pack back in 13 but that was really old stuff!.. so all im saying is dont hold ya breath for giants to produce the stuff your talking about, i would also LOVE more content of this type, but "IMO" it wont come from GIANTS, your down to hoping and praying for modders to get this stuff out the door.. which will take time especially on this kinda stuff...

but i know as much as you when it come to giants plans or where they are willing to go, i was just giving my view in my limited experience :) and i can be just as wrong.. next year you may be bringing this thread back to life after giants release a DLC with such equipment... i just dont see that happening... personally i would love to get a group of modders together for pumping this older stuff out.. i personally hate playing with all this new equiment.. i enjoy the olde style and maybe feel the struggle :D :D

"Now before the flaming begins, I understand that I'm just one player who has this type of equipment on my wish list. And that's ALL it is, just a wish list. I don't expect any of this and I'm in no way claiming to be entitled to anything."

have you seen some of thew mod requests on this forum?? i thiunk you made your case just fine without coming over entitled.. :)

lets just hope more modders start making this stuff or by some miracle giants add to the list...

P.S.. wasn't the Kirovets 700 a mod in 13?? i don't think it was in the default game was it?

regards
Gizz
FarmerRinsible

Post by FarmerRinsible »

what about farmall tractors for consoles because ih made those tractors now they make case. btw case is series of equipment not a company.
Lysa

Post by Lysa »

I'd love a decent power tractor that's open top, no roof or windows. Nothing to interrupt the view of your surroundings while you farm. I don't care whether that's realistic or not, I sure would enjoy it :)
Johndeereman4250

Post by Johndeereman4250 »

Case IH 7250 or a IH 2+2 would be a sweet add on for the smaller hp but still functional for field work but better than the case IH 1455 onward with the wishlist for red power would be a next step combine from the Case IH 1660 would be the Case IH 2388 the cab would be easier to operate due to its centered vs. offset like the 1660 also would be nice to see the 86 series back as well.
All Deere All day
FS19 addict. Ravenport XBONE
๐Ÿšœ๐Ÿšœ๐Ÿšœ๐Ÿšœ