Auger Wagons!?!?!

Matt4president16

Auger Wagons!?!?!

Post by Matt4president16 »

Been trying to figure out an effective way to use them before I spend the cash on them. Anyone out there use them? If so what manner do you use them. I really like the idea but can't really come up with an efficient way to use them.
Lysa

Re: Auger Wagons!?!?!

Post by Lysa »

Me neither, unless harvesting a really really big field and not wanting to drag a BIG tipper round the field. In that situation you could park a BIG tipper at the side of the field and use an Auger wagon to run beside the harvester, emptying into the BIG tipper many times instead of having to run for a silo.

Anyone have any other thoughts?
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

They arent needed in game since you can just pull the largest trailer into the field. Irl they are used to keep the semi trailer from getting stuck in / tearing up the field.
PC gamer.
TURBOSNOOP

Post by TURBOSNOOP »

something you buy when you want to spend some money and or you want to look the part of a real farmer
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

I'll use auger wagons when I'm harvesting a large field and need to hire extra help. When the harvesters get full, I pull the auger wagon alongside each one to empty, and dump the auger wagon into a large semi trailer when it gets full. Since auger wagons are typically high capacity, the harvesters can empty multiple times without me having to drive a fully loaded trailer to the silo or to the selling point, and I don't have to use multiple tippers.
Matt4president16

That's kind of what I figured. It would be nice if the auger wagons accepted chaff. Then you could pull them with the forage harvesters and pull your trailers next to the harvesters and have the auger wagon unload into the semi trailer. Idk. I want to use them but can't justify it at the same time.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Matt4president16 wrote:That's kind of what I figured. It would be nice if the auger wagons accepted chaff. Then you could pull them with the forage harvesters and pull your trailers next to the harvesters and have the auger wagon unload into the semi trailer. Idk. I want to use them but can't justify it at the same time.

I saw a modded one that accepted chaff and woodchips. It was on modhoster.
PC gamer.
Matt4president16

That would be awesome except I am a PS4 player and we only get certain mods.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Auger wagons... In America, we call them Grain Carts and roughly everyone uses one in Iowa. No joke, because the only way of grain hauling is gravity wagons, Wilson/Timpte truck trailers, and grain carts, and that's it. The grain cart is super useful where I am at, because semis are not able to catch up to combines quickly or go in the rough conditions in fields and they are manuals, plus, you can see better when you are using a tractor and cart. ;) My grandpa has a Brent 1282 grain cart and damn there fills the semi right up... in one shot! 60k pounds plus it can hold of grain. *thumbsup*

I am not currently using one on the game, because I find them quite odd, too narrow, and too tall. Brent's are wide and short, which I like because that is what I am used too. And, you can use row crop duals for them. I will buying one back, but in the mean time, I don't see the need to. :)
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

JohnDeere318 wrote:Auger wagons... In America, we call them Grain Carts and roughly everyone uses one in Iowa. No joke, because the only way of grain hauling is gravity wagons, Wilson/Timpte truck trailers, and grain carts, and that's it. The grain cart is super useful where I am at, because semis are not able to catch up to combines quickly or go in the rough conditions in fields and they are manuals, plus, you can see better when you are using a tractor and cart. ;) My grandpa has a Brent 1282 grain cart and damn there fills the semi right up... in one shot! 60k pounds plus it can hold of grain. *thumbsup*

I am not currently using one on the game, because I find them quite odd, too narrow, and too tall. Brent's are wide and short, which I like because that is what I am used too. And, you can use row crop duals for them. I will buying one back, but in the mean time, I don't see the need to. :)
Thats totally true, i see them everywhere went i go to town, cause when the combine aint running your not making money.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

BigC92 wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote:Auger wagons... In America, we call them Grain Carts and roughly everyone uses one in Iowa. No joke, because the only way of grain hauling is gravity wagons, Wilson/Timpte truck trailers, and grain carts, and that's it. The grain cart is super useful where I am at, because semis are not able to catch up to combines quickly or go in the rough conditions in fields and they are manuals, plus, you can see better when you are using a tractor and cart. ;) My grandpa has a Brent 1282 grain cart and damn there fills the semi right up... in one shot! 60k pounds plus it can hold of grain. *thumbsup*

Thats totally true, i see them everywhere went i go to town, cause when the combine aint running your not making money.
Exactly, time is money. :wink3:

How to post your log.txt
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

Matt4president16 wrote:Been trying to figure out an effective way to use them before I spend the cash on them. Anyone out there use them? If so what manner do you use them. I really like the idea but can't really come up with an efficient way to use them.
I use them all the time. I prefer it as it is proper use. In real life you keep the trucks and such off the field due to compaction. Augers tend to have tires better suited to fight against this.

When Courseplay finally becomes available for FS17 (officially ... because I won't acknowledge that conversion some third party attempted) it will make Auger wagons VERY active on my farm. Typically with Courseplay I either harvest or man the trucks while the AI handles transfer of goods between the harvest and the field edge trucks.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Faelandaea wrote:
Matt4president16 wrote:Been trying to figure out an effective way to use them before I spend the cash on them. Anyone out there use them? If so what manner do you use them. I really like the idea but can't really come up with an efficient way to use them.
In real life you keep the trucks and such off the field due to compaction. Augers tend to have tires better suited to fight against this.
You are totally correct. *thumbsup*

How to post your log.txt
Plasmatic

Post by Plasmatic »

Matt4president16 wrote:That's kind of what I figured. It would be nice if the auger wagons accepted chaff. Then you could pull them with the forage harvesters and pull your trailers next to the harvesters and have the auger wagon unload into the semi trailer. Idk. I want to use them but can't justify it at the same time.
I tried that, with an auger wagon that does accept chaff, sadly you need a really short and stubby tractor with a short neck trailer in order to get in under the pipe with the trailer.. I'd love to see an auger wagon that has the auger pipe at the back..
andhe78

Post by andhe78 »

The only thing I use them for in game is filling the seeders.