Auger Wagons!?!?!

Guil

Re: Auger Wagons!?!?!

Post by Guil »

Brambey wrote:I use the smaller auger wagon as a seed transport and loadING machine. I haul it to the store w/ a front loader then dump 25 or so pallets of seed in it and haul it back to the farm. Then I just pull my sowing machines under the pipe and they fill super quickly
What seeder are you using? I tried it with fert using the smaller sprayer that holds 4000L and it wouldn't fill. I tried tip but it just ended up on the ground.
Cajunwolf

Post by Cajunwolf »

I'm with wildberry, their cool, used sometimes in some places, but in game their an extra expense, and extra go between labor. I spent my money on two single axle trucks (very maneuverable) and 4 big trailers. I also have a couple tipper trailers that can be pulled by tractors too, for those smaller fields. As to the fertilizer and seed I'm using a modded version of the maps, and have placed the fertilizer, seed, and fuel units from FS15 so I don't have to deal with that BS. Until I did that, I used the placeables, and still have them. Actually, my cows and pigs, along with my silage, is making enough slurry, and manure, to where I don't buy near as much fertilizer as I did before. I spray with slurry after plowing then cultivate and plant radish's so I'm already done with two of my fertilizer stages. All I have to do is sow with a combo sower, and wait for it to grow.
Brambey

Post by Brambey »

Guil wrote:
Brambey wrote:I use the smaller auger wagon as a seed transport and loadING machine. I haul it to the store w/ a front loader then dump 25 or so pallets of seed in it and haul it back to the farm. Then I just pull my sowing machines under the pipe and they fill super quickly
What seeder are you using? I tried it with fert using the smaller sprayer that holds 4000L and it wouldn't fill. I tried tip but it just ended up on the ground.
I am using two different sowing machines - Vaderstad Tempo F8 and Vaderstad Rapid A 600S. Both fill with seed from the auger wagon just fine, but I have noticed that it is a bit finnicky about how the seeder is positioned under the pipe before it starts pouring. It will pour automatically - no need to use the manual tip (which can pour on the ground).

I also have the small 4000L fert spreader, but haven't tried loading fert with the auger wagon yet.

I just keep it parked and full of seed at my farm and pull the seeder along side, moving it around a bit until it starts pouring. It fills the seeders VERY quickly. This might be obvious, but make sure the lid on the seed/fert tank is open.

Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

I just realized that my last few live streams have all contained augering. I guess I do it a lot more than even I had noticed.
Faelandaea Dravin
Acknowledged as THE friendliest individual on the internet throughout all of gaming history.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Brambey wrote:
Guil wrote:
I am using two different sowing machines - Vaderstad Tempo F8 and Vaderstad Rapid A 600S. Both fill with seed from the auger wagon just fine, but I have noticed that it is a bit finnicky about how the seeder is positioned under the pipe before it starts pouring. It will pour automatically - no need to use the manual tip (which can pour on the ground).

I also have the small 4000L fert spreader, but haven't tried loading fert with the auger wagon yet.

I just keep it parked and full of seed at my farm and pull the seeder along side, moving it around a bit until it starts pouring. It fills the seeders VERY quickly. This might be obvious, but make sure the lid on the seed/fert tank is open.

Thanks for the detailed post, I might get one of the augers and use it for seed. I have the big fert sprayer so just go back to the shop when that needs filling and yes I have had the cover open lol.
viper278

Post by viper278 »

Plasmatic wrote:
Matt4president16 wrote:That's kind of what I figured. It would be nice if the auger wagons accepted chaff. Then you could pull them with the forage harvesters and pull your trailers next to the harvesters and have the auger wagon unload into the semi trailer. Idk. I want to use them but can't justify it at the same time.
I tried that, with an auger wagon that does accept chaff, sadly you need a really short and stubby tractor with a short neck trailer in order to get in under the pipe with the trailer.. I'd love to see an auger wagon that has the auger pipe at the back..
You can edit the fill types to accept all products you want. In FS15 I added wood chips potatoes and sugar beets to the list.
Platform = PC ---------->**PC Gaming Rules!**
Stop by on my Twitch Channel = www (dot) twitch.tv/viper278
*** YouTube = Type Viper278 in the search box***
Join the Pleasant Valley 15 forum located here: //pvmods.enjin.com
|V| Live Long and Prosper! RIP Mr. Spock. "The needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Scotty... One to beam up."
Plasmatic

Post by Plasmatic »

viper278 wrote:
Plasmatic wrote:
Matt4president16 wrote:That's kind of what I figured. It would be nice if the auger wagons accepted chaff. Then you could pull them with the forage harvesters and pull your trailers next to the harvesters and have the auger wagon unload into the semi trailer. Idk. I want to use them but can't justify it at the same time.
I tried that, with an auger wagon that does accept chaff, sadly you need a really short and stubby tractor with a short neck trailer in order to get in under the pipe with the trailer.. I'd love to see an auger wagon that has the auger pipe at the back..
You can edit the fill types to accept all products you want. In FS15 I added wood chips potatoes and sugar beets to the list.
why are you quoting me? I said I had tried with an augor wagon that accepts chaff, it works fine, but the pipe is too far forward to fit a tractor infront of the pipe so a trailer is under the pipe unless you are harvesting poplars.. anything else and the header is in the way.
mayoollie

Post by mayoollie »

The auger wagon only works as a mobile extension of the combine grain tank.

The man driving the combine works as normal, and does not stop to unload. All unloading is done on the move.

The man driving the chaser bin stays in the field and unloads the combine as normal.

A third man who is driving a tractor and trailer or truck, runs from the field to the tipping point. He unloads from the chaser-bin but waits on the headland at all times.

The capacity of the chaser bin must be matched to the speed and capacity of the machine doing the actual haulage.

This differs from having say 2 tractors and trailers hauling the grain and spending most of their time sat still waiting.

With multiple combines running in the same field a chaser bin becomes more essential.
Ace of Spades? Star Trek Online? Chivalry? Farm Sim? Supreme Commander? Add me on Steam: modifiedgenes
Guil

Post by Guil »

Anyone on console get the augers to work with seed? I use the rapid 600 seeder and no way can I get the auger to load it. I have tried all the augers except the holmer one and no way can I get it to work. I have the lid open on the seeder as well.
mayoollie

Post by mayoollie »

Think of the chaser bin as a mobile extension of the combine grain tank.

They only work if you have 3 guys working.

1 combining.

1 on the bin.

1 on a truck or similar hauling to store.

Guy on grain cart drives around and unloads combine on the move.

Guy in truck waits on edge of field and gets filled by chaser bin.

Helps if you have more than 1 combine going.
Ace of Spades? Star Trek Online? Chivalry? Farm Sim? Supreme Commander? Add me on Steam: modifiedgenes
Guil

Post by Guil »

mayoollie wrote:Think of the chaser bin as a mobile extension of the combine grain tank.

They only work if you have 3 guys working.

1 combining.

1 on the bin.

1 on a truck or similar hauling to store.

Guy on grain cart drives around and unloads combine on the move.

Guy in truck waits on edge of field and gets filled by chaser bin.

Helps if you have more than 1 combine going.
Why copy and paste your last post? It has no relevance to what I asked.
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

Guil wrote:Anyone on console get the augers to work with seed? I use the rapid 600 seeder and no way can I get the auger to load it. I have tried all the augers except the holmer one and no way can I get it to work. I have the lid open on the seeder as well.
I play in PS4, and I've been using them for seed and fert. It works great with the HORSHE grain seeder. The 9m one. On the the smaller stuff I use a trick. I put the 4000l fertilizer sprayer attached to a tractor on the little grass hill in the middle of the farm. I pull up the auger with fert beside it on the low end and lower the auger over it. Then take a tractor and bump the sprayer a little. For some reason after the bump the auger starts pouring in. You'll hear it fill up. I do this with the HORSHE corn seeder as well and it works.
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer