crop strage

clw2147

crop strage

Post by clw2147 »

i'm playing on gold crest and can't find the storage point for potatoes, beets, or wood chips. am i missing it, or are you supposed to just make piles on the ground?
JohnDeere318

Re: crop strage

Post by JohnDeere318 »

I am pretty sure you just have to plop them on the ground.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

JohnDeere318 wrote:I am pretty sure you just have to plop them on the ground.
No! Please no! That would be utterly stupid as when you'd wanna sell them, you'd have to shovel even millions of liters of it to a trailer. Unload your sugar beets and potatoes in the trainyard silo (500 000 liters), in the trains (2x 300 000 liters) and today I'm gonna test some silos around the rails, should be able to drop some there as well. That way, 'cause I'm waiting for great demand on sugar beets and decided to have A LOT ready, I'll be able to sell them quite quickly. ;-)
FS22 @ Xbox Series X | waiting for a cool mod map :biggrin2:
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

masterplan wrote:
No! Please no! That would be utterly stupid as when you'd wanna sell them, you'd have to shovel even millions of liters of it to a trailer. Unload your sugar beets and potatoes in the trainyard silo (500 000 liters), in the trains (2x 300 000 liters) and today I'm gonna test some silos around the rails, should be able to drop some there as well. That way, 'cause I'm waiting for great demand on sugar beets and decided to have A LOT ready, I'll be able to sell them quite quickly. ;-)

Not really. And this isen't differant from 15. Just use a conveyor belt. In 15 you just had designated slots with designated belts. Now you only need 1 betl for all 3 and can dump them whereever you want....
PC gamer.
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

Beastbubba wrote:
masterplan wrote:

Not really. And this isen't differant from 15. Just use a conveyor belt. In 15 you just had designated slots with designated belts. Now you only need 1 betl for all 3 and can dump them whereever you want....
I still prefer the silos. Cannot imagine the massive heap of 1 000 000 liters of sugar beets I currently have. :-) All I know that 50 000 liters of grass / straw dumped on the ground are approx. 3 times larger than the trailer I dumped it from. :-D And I don't need to waste my precious slots on belts I don't want / need. ;-)
clw2147

Post by clw2147 »

masterplan wrote:I still prefer the silos. Cannot imagine the massive heap of 1 000 000 liters of sugar beets I currently have. :-) All I know that 50 000 liters of grass / straw dumped on the ground are approx. 3 times larger than the trailer I dumped it from. :-D And I don't need to waste my precious slots on belts I don't want / need. ;-)
what are slots?
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

That's on console. Don't know, if PC version has slots as well. For example a tractor uses 10 slots, tipper 4 slots etc. I currently have 14 last free slots, which is not much. The belt loader is I think 4 slots and 1 slot for each belt.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

masterplan wrote:
You can just use belts to pick them off the ground, that's why GIANTS gave us the conveyor belts. :smileynew:
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

masterplan wrote:
Beastbubba wrote:
masterplan wrote:

I still prefer the silos. Cannot imagine the massive heap of 1 000 000 liters of sugar beets I currently have. :-) All I know that 50 000 liters of grass / straw dumped on the ground are approx. 3 times larger than the trailer I dumped it from. :-D And I don't need to waste my precious slots on belts I don't want / need. ;-)
I have a 100000 l pile of sugar beats that is smaller than my 21000 l pile of grass. So, they seem to unload differently
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
p0wd3rp1l0t

Post by p0wd3rp1l0t »

just put a placeable shed down and put the potatoes or beets in there. then conveyor them out
Gaming PC
Fight-Test

Post by Fight-Test »

The beats also have a specific conveyor loader tractor thing. Expensive but works like a charm on a huge pile.
Motoventurer

Post by Motoventurer »

you can store sugarbeets and potato at the train stations (not wood chips), but it will cost you a daily fee (property maintenance). or you dump it in a train, this is free.
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

Motoventurer wrote:you can store sugarbeets and potato at the train stations (not wood chips), but it will cost you a daily fee (property maintenance). or you dump it in a train, this is free.
Did not know that. Any idea how much is the daily fee for storing these there?
Motoventurer

Post by Motoventurer »

on hard mode ~50.000l were ~260€ a day.
masterplan

Post by masterplan »

Whoops, that's quite a lot considering I've got 1 500 000 L in those. :-D