Chellington!!!

ArizonaSnow

Re: Chellington!!!

Post by ArizonaSnow »

fenixguy wrote:
BigPapaMax68 wrote:
JimmySkaggs85 wrote:"Does not support forestry..."
That's my main area of gameplay. Any word on if that will happen in the future?

could you just place the wood chip furnace and do forestry that way?
Probably, but only with the poplars. There are no cuttable trees AFAIK. Someone else might know better than myself.
So plant your own trees then.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Haven't come across any bugs...yet!
ArizonaSnow

Post by ArizonaSnow »

The map looks ok to me, my only big gripe is the weird shaped fields so no workers and it would be way too much work to try and square the fields off.
Zuggy243

Post by Zuggy243 »

Null wrote:
Soosloper wrote:Problem by sellingpoint, tractor is flying, lol. Ps4 user
I've had similar throughout the map.

Same here the wheels dissappear lol
Mr.Smoke

Post by Mr.Smoke »

The lack of appreciation is astonishing.

Giants has done us console guys a huge solid by making the game mod friendly and all you f#ckers do is complain.

In all honesty im growing tired of Goldcrest so im really looking forward to a fresh map with proper thought behind the layout.
Zuggy243

Post by Zuggy243 »

Love this map so much no major bugs apart from the selling point where my front wheels dissappear but apart from that this is my no1 map love it the details are great a proper English farm thank you oxygendavid and gaints-software
Zuggy243

Post by Zuggy243 »

And yea just like Mr smoke says yall need to stop moaning and appreciate the fresh map
looks like a lot of work has gone in to this map I love it
eric21

Post by eric21 »

ArizonaSnow wrote:The map looks ok to me, my only big gripe is the weird shaped fields so no workers and it would be way too much work to try and square the fields off.
Its in the UK!! Fields are like that
W1der

Post by W1der »

swiv93 wrote:
W1der wrote:I am sorry ... this map is a FAIL (for me)!

Trees has no collision (at least not the one I drove straight through) ... neither does hedges ... so ... "no challenge" ... :neutralnew:

Huge amount of frame drops on the big fields. Going from an average of 75-130 to below 40 ...

Also ... I do not know how I will be able to keep my cows or chickens, from running around all over my farm (they probably wont be "programmed" to, but anyways) ... there is no way to close the fences/gates around them.
Maybe this is how it is done, in this part of the world ... but having gates, at some part of the fences and just leaving it wide open, at other parts, just do not make any sense, in my opinion ... :confusednew:

Nope ... going straight back out of my mod folder ... sadly (looked really nice, with all the wind blowing through the trees and all that) ... but needs more work.
the trees were the same on the FS15 version I think it was done to save on fps of solid items to be loaded if you get what I mean but the hedges had collision's (playing on the extended version of the map with forestry and the three farms) try and download it for FS15 to have a compare, but just remember this is a first draft of the map

FS15 link: http://fs-uk.com/mods/view/36765/chellington-extended
Yea ... well ... I just want the challenge.
Having bushes (or actually trees buried in to the ground) on a field ... without any collision on them ... is just confusing for me.
Also ... having gates, that one must open, when you just as well can drive through the hedge beside it ... :hmm:
I think the map looks great ... and I love the bumpy dirt roads ... but the lack of collision (realism) is just not my thing.

I will be looking for other maps, elsewhere ... no big thing ... *thumbsup*
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Very nice looking map. Kudos to the modder. But not my cup of tea. Too confined and not enough selling options. While I'm sure it's a pure farmers dream, I prefer to manage my farm from a slightly higher level, hiring workers to do what they can (for the most part).
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

Mr.Smoke wrote:The lack of appreciation is astonishing.

Giants has done us console guys a huge solid by making the game mod friendly and all you f#ckers do is complain.

In all honesty im growing tired of Goldcrest so im really looking forward to a fresh map with proper thought behind the layout.
I couldn't agree more....

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

cr41g_1965 wrote:
Mr.Smoke wrote:The lack of appreciation is astonishing.

I couldn't agree more....

:lol: I think they're calling them "snowflakes" now. Looking forward to trying the already "broken" Chellington on Xbox after work. Drive-through trees and all!
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Barons

Post by Barons »

I think it's funny how almost everyone hated lossberg because of how bad the collisions were on getting you stuck on everything and now the hate comes to Chellington for not having enough collision.

Just can't make everyone happy.

I happen to be a fan of practicality over realism. Making aspects of the game a pain in the ass to be more like real life isn't exactly what I'd consider fun. To each his own I guess.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Barons wrote:I think it's funny how almost everyone hated lossberg because of how bad the collisions were on getting you stuck on everything and now the hate comes to Chellington for not having enough collision.

Just can't make everyone happy
No, you can't. I may try giving real farming a go since it has no inherent problems/ hardship like running into things or running over/ through things. Just smooth sailing in the tractor on down to the bank to deposit that sweet BGA money. Nope, no issues whatsoever. :wink3:
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2