Seed and fertilizer

rongameplayer

Seed and fertilizer

Post by rongameplayer »

Ok so I backup to the seed/fertilizer pallet and load the selected pallet. Do these pallets become empty? Do I have to buy more seed/fertilizer pallets? Or can I refill the empty ones?
canadafarms

Re: Seed and fertilizer

Post by canadafarms »

rongameplayer wrote:Ok so I backup to the seed/fertilizer pallet and load the selected pallet. Do these pallets become empty? Do I have to buy more seed/fertilizer pallets? Or can I refill the empty ones?
They disappear when they are empty and then you buy new ones.
PS4
rongameplayer

Post by rongameplayer »

Hey thank you canadafarms .
OneAmongOthers

Post by OneAmongOthers »

Best way to handle seeds and fertilizer is get a augur wagon and fill it up then use it to fill your seeders.
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

If you pick a pallet up with a loader, it shows how much is left in the pallet.
mayoollie

Post by mayoollie »

I tend to store 8 pallets of fert and 8 pallets of fertiliser in the barn at the farm for when I go drilling. When we are on a big drilling campaign 1 man with tractor and loader hauls seed for us.
Ace of Spades? Star Trek Online? Chivalry? Farm Sim? Supreme Commander? Add me on Steam: modifiedgenes
Motoventurer

Post by Motoventurer »

Hi,

you have several options:

1. the easiest one

install the mod for the placeable tanks, place them, press R and youre done. but you pay the most for seed/fertilzer (read about 2,5x, what you would pay for a bag at the dealer)

2. What you are doing now, hauling the big bags around

depending on your likings you can just drive up to the bigbag and press R, or take a frontload and "hold" the bigbag over the machine and it fills up. I saw one mod somwhere, which was a king of stand on which you put the bigbag and then could drive the sower under it

3. using an auger wagon line already mentioned

the auger wagons costs a lot of money, but it is very nice way to carry a lot of seed/fertilzer around. if you hold an bigbag over the wagon it will unload in it. it might be a bit tricky to get the auger wagon to fill the seeder. looks like you have to aim for the right spot (you can move the pipe from the auger wagon).

4. dump it in a big pile and use a bucket

you can use a normal tippper and fill it with seeds/fertilzer then dump it in a convenient place at your farm (maybe in a shed). Then simply scoop it up with a bucket and tip that into the sower.

havent found a belt system that would accept seeds/fertilzer. with that a bit pile would be very convenient. Anyone found a modded belt system?

Cheers
Martin
aklein

Post by aklein »

Just started with cows but my plan is as I have enough cows to make this sustainable is to use two mod buildings. One makes solid fertilizer with liquid and solid manure and the other takes the solid fertilizer from the first building and you add crop (ill use wheat or barley) and it outputs seeds. Then I plan on filling the seeders with a front loader bucket.
jaro76

Post by jaro76 »

Motoventurer wrote:Hi,

havent found a belt system that would accept seeds/fertilzer. with that a bit pile would be very convenient. Anyone found a modded belt system?
Before update (on PS4) I managed to feed seed to sewer, but not fertilizer. Suppose to be fixed in 1.3 of what i recall, but never tested since
PS4