start up / close down

The Scillonian

start up / close down

Post by The Scillonian »

I have FS 17 with Steam. It takes between three and over seven minutes to load. Equally, it takes over two minutes to close at the end of the game. Once I have entered Exit my desktop appears and I can assume the programme has closed but the front page re-appears sometimes nearly 2 minutes later, I have to press Quit before the programme actually closes. This can happen even though I'm in another programme. I appreciate it might be my computer but I'm not that computer savvy to know what to do. Are you?
don_apple

Re: start up / close down

Post by don_apple »

We'll need some more information about your setup to be able to help here. Therefore please post the log.txt of the game (see the link 'log.txt' in my signature for instructions).
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
chaseydog

Post by chaseydog »

How many mods do you have? As Don said the best way for us to see what's going on is for you to upload your log file
The Scillonian

Post by The Scillonian »

Hi Don.

I'm sorry but I'm not sure what " paste it into the posting and use the "spoiler" function to hide the text.
b) You upload the file with the “attach” function".means. I have found the file in my docs but that is as far as it goes. Please treat me as being totally ignorant of all computer tech suff.

Thanks.

Tony
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

You need to open the log.txt file with a text editor and then select all text and then hit the keys 'CTRL+C' to copy the text to the OS clipboard, then change to the browser window where you have the forum open, and there hit 'CTRL+V' to paste the text in the field where you are typing your post.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
The Scillonian

Post by The Scillonian »

Hi Guys,

Unfortunately, I've not been able to do the above, however, the problem seems to have resolved itself. It could well be the fact that I have an old computer but thanks for your trouble.