Compost master

dandare75

Compost master

Post by dandare75 »

Anyone got a link to a placeable compost master? One to place in mods folder rather than into a map.

Many thanks
Hairy Bob

Re: Compost master

Post by Hairy Bob »

I'm pretty sure it needs embedding into the map, I've looked pretty hard in the past and never found a placeable version.
There are plenty of good maps out there with it included, but if none of them take your fancy you'll have to get busy with GE I'm afraid.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
dandare75

Post by dandare75 »

Hairy Bob wrote:I'm pretty sure it needs embedding into the map, I've looked pretty hard in the past and never found a placeable version.
There are plenty of good maps out there with it included, but if none of them take your fancy you'll have to get busy with GE I'm afraid.
Ok many thanks for your reply. I have seen a couple of maps with it installed but damned if I can remember them. Will have to get searching. Thanks again.
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

What kind of maps do you like?
Smokedown farm is a fairly flat English map with big fields, bumpy tracks, tight turnings and collisions on everything. I like a challenge!
Cherry hills is a 4x American map with enormous fields and plenty of space for big machinery if that's your thing. There's tons to do with greenhouses, animal fattening, multiple sawmills and massive forests but I found myself getting bored as you start with all the biggest gear and I never felt like there was a goal.
Paradise valley is a beautiful map with plenty of features, 2 huge fields that you own to begin with, and the rest medium sized. Very hilly, lots and lots of forestry, very spread out, it's one of my favourites. Only thing to note is that all the machinery you start with is in the gold pack. You can play without it (I do) but you'll have to edit some starting cash into your save game.
Stappenbach is a very detailed map of a real region in Germany, full of buyable objects and things to do, mainly small fields, but there are 235 of them and with a bit of imagination and courseplay savvy, many of them can be ploughed together. Only downside to this map is that silage prices are low, so may not float everyone's boat, although it suits me fine!
Those are just off the top of my head, if they're not up your street, give us some info what kind of map you're looking for.
dandare75

Post by dandare75 »

Hairy Bob wrote:What kind of maps do you like?
Smokedown farm is a fairly flat English map with big fields, bumpy tracks, tight turnings and collisions on everything. I like a challenge!
Cherry hills is a 4x American map with enormous fields and plenty of space for big machinery if that's your thing. There's tons to do with greenhouses, animal fattening, multiple sawmills and massive forests but I found myself getting bored as you start with all the biggest gear and I never felt like there was a goal.
Paradise valley is a beautiful map with plenty of features, 2 huge fields that you own to begin with, and the rest medium sized. Very hilly, lots and lots of forestry, very spread out, it's one of my favourites. Only thing to note is that all the machinery you start with is in the gold pack. You can play without it (I do) but you'll have to edit some starting cash into your save game.
Stappenbach is a very detailed map of a real region in Germany, full of buyable objects and things to do, mainly small fields, but there are 235 of them and with a bit of imagination and courseplay savvy, many of them can be ploughed together. Only downside to this map is that silage prices are low, so may not float everyone's boat, although it suits me fine!
Those are just off the top of my head, if they're not up your street, give us some info what kind of map you're looking for.
As i live in the UK, like mostly UK maps.like Mulroy bay,Sandy bay,coldborough park, willow tree,higher hills etc etc.i know I have seen a video on you tube with a tour of an English map,composter was installed.
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

Give Iron Horse farm a try, it's an absolutely top map from mappers paradise, with plenty of things to do and a UK feel to it.
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.php?mod_id=27500
dandare75

Post by dandare75 »

Aye looks a good one.will download and save I my maps folder.just seen video game play of map. Many thanks for that. :-)
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

Just in case you didn't know, it's best not to have more than one map in your mods folder at a time, as they can cause conflicts with each other. There are mod management programs out there, such as mod commander, but I've just made a separate folder for each map and rename them depending which one I'm playing.
Have fun with iron horse,it's one of my favourites, I must have over 300 hours on my save.
dandare75

Post by dandare75 »

I only have one map in at a time. Created separate folders for maps and mods used
Thanks for the help.just posted another help request