Modhub

PrincessJessi84

Re: Modhub

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Octopuss wrote:Can you guys take that offtopic elsewhere? This thread is specifically about the official platform to release and download mods!
i sat here one day and watched a topic transform into a "chevy *censored*, ford is better" then something to do with a bunch of macho talk about muslim folks taking over their respective countries.. no i think its safe to say this train is still on the tracks lol... no worries.. just enjoy the ride.. this happens ALL THE TIME on here :lol:
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

canadafarms wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote:
Tycoonspaceman wrote:I am assumng he/she is Canadian :?:
Yes @canadafarms is Canadian, hence the name "canadafarms". :smileynew: Nothing wrong with that. *thumbsup*
:lol: Yes a proud Canadian .....maybe I should change my name, might be too much maybe :confusednew: when I went to register I drew a blank on a name and I just came up with that :lol:
I did the same thing when I first registered here too, JohnDeere318 is not my first username. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Just PM @MadMax and ask if you can get a new username. JohnDeere318 is actually my third change. :lol:
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

PrincessJessi84 wrote:
Octopuss wrote:Can you guys take that offtopic elsewhere? This thread is specifically about the official platform to release and download mods!
i sat here one day and watched a topic transform into a "chevy *zensiert*, ford is better" then something to do with a bunch of macho talk about muslim folks taking over their respective countries.. no i think its safe to say this train is still on the tracks lol... no worries.. just enjoy the ride.. this happens ALL THE TIME on here :lol:
Yeah that's usually how it goes. It's fun reading these comments.

How to post your log.txt
Octopuss

Post by Octopuss »

Not when you're trying to give the company feedback about something important.
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

Octopuss wrote:Not when you're trying to give the company feedback about something important.
They don't read this anyway. It was explained to me by a moderator that you can post in the official feedback thread, but other than that your not likely to get a response and even then you might not.
PS4
Octopuss

Post by Octopuss »

Judging by my experience with FS15, they don't read 80%+ of official feedback either. So much stuff ignored and left bugged to hell.
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

JohnDeere318 wrote:
canadafarms wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote: Yes @canadafarms is Canadian, hence the name "canadafarms". :smileynew: Nothing wrong with that. *thumbsup*
:lol: Yes a proud Canadian .....maybe I should change my name, might be too much maybe :confusednew: when I went to register I drew a blank on a name and I just came up with that :lol:
I did the same thing when I first registered here too, JohnDeere318 is not my first username. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Just PM @MadMax and ask if you can get a new username. JohnDeere318 is actually my third change. :lol:
Maybe I should, my RL nickname is pretty good, don't know, everybody already knows this one :confusednew:
PS4
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

Octopuss wrote:Judging by my experience with FS15, they don't read 80%+ of official feedback either. So much stuff ignored and left bugged to hell.
I hear ya, it was only a couple weeks ago I read that post by the moderator. He basically said the forum is for players to help other players. Don't know where the best place is to get through to them. A while back I threw a bit of a tantrum....the thread got pretty hot and they did finally respond but don't see it often :lol:
PS4
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

canadafarms wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote:
canadafarms wrote:

Maybe I should, my RL nickname is pretty good, don't know, everybody already knows this one :confusednew:
I don't know it. :smileynew:

How to post your log.txt
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

canadafarms wrote:
Octopuss wrote:Judging by my experience with FS15, they don't read 80%+ of official feedback either. So much stuff ignored and left bugged to hell.
I hear ya, it was only a couple weeks ago I read that post by the moderator. He basically said the forum is for players to help other players. Don't know where the best place is to get through to them. A while back I threw a bit of a tantrum....the thread got pretty hot and they did finally respond but don't see it often :lol:
Yeah you almost have to get furious to be able to get heard.

How to post your log.txt
bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

Just because we don't respond to every topic doesn't mean that we don't read it.
I actually read quite a lot and I know from some other colleagues that they also read a lot. And if we find some interesting ideas, we definitely discuss them in the team.

Regarding your feedback: you wrote a bit about what you don't like, but I still don't really know what exactly you want to be improved. The only thing that I got from you was the sorting by newest and oldest. Which is currently already used, it's sorted by newest. If you want by oldest, you could just start browsing at the last page and work your way up to the first page.
For the rest, you were pretty vague. IMHO not really anything we could use to improve the ModHub site.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

bassaddict wrote:
Just because we don't respond to every topic doesn't mean that we don't read it.
I actually read quite a lot and I know from some other colleagues that they also read a lot. And if we find some interesting ideas, we definitely discuss them in the team.

Regarding your feedback: you wrote a bit about what you don't like, but I still don't really know what exactly you want to be improved. The only thing that I got from you was the sorting by newest and oldest. Which is currently already used, it's sorted by newest. If you want by oldest, you could just start browsing at the last page and work your way up to the first page.
For the rest, you were pretty vague. IMHO not really anything we could use to improve the ModHub site.
I have but one simple request for those of us who check the modhub online because we are at work far more than we should be and not at home in front of our consoles.... would it be possible to show on the mods as listed... PC only or list as PC / Console... so we have something to look forward to when we do finally get home :smileynew:

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
Octopuss

Post by Octopuss »

bassaddict wrote:

I guess there's no point trying to discuss the shortcomings of FS15 now, but I do have a sour taste in my mouth. Anyway, regarding Modhub:

Let me try to be more specific.
1) Add REAL sorting methods. Telling people to go from the last page is ridiculous. A simple drop down sorting menu button can't be that difficult to implement. Besides, oldest/newest is not enough anyway. There should be sorting by the amount of downloads, rating, and so on. Otherwise the site becomes a mess where you can't find anything. Actually that leads me to:
2) Add SEARCH! Really, I don't understand why this doesn't exist since the beginning. Absolutely essential feature.3)
3) Let us hide those "featured mod" and "user favourite" links. These occupy way too much screen space and what you come to the hub for is basically hidden on another page.
Likewise, that HUGE picture (presumably again related to a featured mod, currently Coldboroug farm) is taking too much space and the mod menu is actually sitting at the bottom of the (visible) page. I don't think that's a good idea, and definitely is annoying.
4) Add more mod categories. You could take inspiration from modhoster or FS-UK sites. The current ones are absolutely not enough.
5) Add a way to post comments for mods. Ideally, when a mod is published, a relevant thread could be automatically created in the modding section of the forums.
6) Add changelog section for mods so that the description (when someone actually bothers to write one) is not cluttered.
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

Well I guess they are watching us. :blushnew:
PS4
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Octopuss wrote: Let me try to be more specific.
1) Add REAL sorting methods. Telling people to go from the last page is ridiculous. A simple drop down sorting menu button can't be that difficult to implement. Besides, oldest/newest is not enough anyway. There should be sorting by the amount of downloads, rating, and so on. Otherwise the site becomes a mess where you can't find anything. Actually that leads me to:
2) Add SEARCH! Really, I don't understand why this doesn't exist since the beginning. Absolutely essential feature.
3) Let us hide those "featured mod" and "user favourite" links. These occupy way too much screen space and what you come to the hub for is basically hidden on another page.
Likewise, that HUGE picture (presumably again related to a featured mod, currently Coldboroug farm) is taking too much space and the mod menu is actually sitting at the bottom of the (visible) page. I don't think that's a good idea, and definitely is annoying.
4) Add more mod categories. You could take inspiration from modhoster or FS-UK sites. The current ones are absolutely not enough.
5) Add a way to post comments for mods. Ideally, when a mod is published, a relevant thread could be automatically created in the modding section of the forums.
6) Add changelog section for mods so that the description (when someone actually bothers to write one) is not cluttered.
I agreed with everything here. All wonderful ideas that should be put to work.

How to post your log.txt