[WIP] Bjornholm FS17

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
leifege640

[WIP] Bjornholm FS17

Post by leifege640 »

Hello community,

Someone on this forum recently asked if a modder could convert Bjornholm from FS15 to FS17. I would like to announce that I will undertake this challenge and I hope to bring you a convert of the default map Bjornholm of Farming Simulator 2015 to Farming Simulator 2017.

The conversion process that I have planned will include the addition of the major functions of FS17, which will include the following:
- The new crops sunflower, soybeans, oilseed radishes, and poplar and their related functions
- Upgrading all of the trees on the map
- addition of pigs, livestock market, and related functions
- field mission system and related functions
- the train system that you pull the lever for

Unfortunately, some functions of the old map will be lost in the conversion and some new functions of FS17 will not be added, which include the following:
- Old mission system, which will be replaced by the new mission system (stated above)
- Gold coins (but I might replace it with the gold nuggets you guys want me to)
- New train system from Goldcrest Valley and related functions (this was not present in the old map)
- an easter egg or two (unless I can figure out how to get them working)

I don't expect to meet everyone's expectations about the conversion, but if there is something you guys want implemented into this conversion, like particularly pesky trees moved or ideas on where to place some of the new functions I will consider your opinions.

I hope to be able to complete this conversion over the course of 3-4 weeks, but I have another modding project that I am the middle of plus I have school and work to attend to as well that may delay its release. I will keep you guys posted on its progress regularly.

My plan is to have this map available for console players, as the original requester wanted this for console.

Anyways, I just wanted to share this with you guys and I await your responses (and ideas and eventual downloads :mrgreen: ).

leifege640 :hi:
PC player of FS19, FS17, FS15, and FS13
Don't criticize the farmer with your mouth full.
Computer Specs in spoiler.
Intel i3-6100 3.7GHz CPU
Gigabyte Radeon RX 470 w/ 4GB of GDDR5 VRAM
8GB of DDR4 RAM
Windows 10
275GB SSD + 1TB HHD
How to post your log:viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
Bradleyson

Re: [WIP] Bjornholm FS17

Post by Bradleyson »

Wow, thats very kind of you bro. Thank you :).
Xbox one: bradleyson666
Any questions, ask away.
be polite and respectful.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

You are a top man. Thanks very much and hope you are successful. Looking forward to the map
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

I can't thank you enough for this conversion!!! I can't wait to try it out once you get finished! But please, take all the time you need, it will be worth the wait. *thumbsup* :mrgreen:
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
FunFarmer

Post by FunFarmer »

Thank you very much. If you need a tester I will gladly volunteer. I miss that map a lot and have thought about going back to 15 just to play it.
Just a guy, playing the game of life, and this game.
"PC" player. Modded to the teeth.
FS15/17, Saitek 3 piece, and a crappy lappy.

:hi: :gamer:
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Yeah I wouldn't mind testing it either, if you need another volunteer. :)

How to post your log.txt
leifege640

Post by leifege640 »

I will certainly let you guys know when it comes time to test. The only testing that you might have to do is to look for any floating trees...

... and of course avoiding the deadly neurotoxin. :zunge:
Intel i3-6100 3.7GHz CPU
8GB of DDR4 RAM
Windows 10
275GB SSD + 1TB HHD
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

leifege640 wrote:I will certainly let you guys know when it comes time to test. The only testing that you might have to do is to look for any floating trees...

Great! Can't wait to test the map! :mrgreen:

What's the "neurotoxin"?

How to post your log.txt
leifege640

Post by leifege640 »

JohnDeere318 wrote:
leifege640 wrote:I will certainly let you guys know when it comes time to test. The only testing that you might have to do is to look for any floating trees...

What's the "neurotoxin"?
:lol: Portal/Portal 2 reference. :wink3:
Intel i3-6100 3.7GHz CPU
8GB of DDR4 RAM
Windows 10
275GB SSD + 1TB HHD
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

leifege640 wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote:

What's the "neurotoxin"?
:lol: Portal/Portal 2 reference. :wink3:
Ah ok. :smileynew:

How to post your log.txt
FunFarmer

Post by FunFarmer »

Awesome!!! I will start checking the seal on my mask right away! :lol:

canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

leifege640 wrote:
I don't expect to meet everyone's expectations about the conversion, but if there is something you guys want implemented into this conversion, like particularly pesky trees moved or ideas on where to place some of the new functions I will consider your opinions.
I know I said in the other thread that the hills could get tedious at times but overall I like this map. One suggestion for you...on the main farmyard I found it short of space to park equipment once you had more of it. There is a space with grass and trees beside the grain silo, behind the potato and beet storage shed that would be a perfect area for parking. I know you can just cut the trees and use it as is but I was thinking if you made this into a flat paved area it would work well for parking and putting up placeable sheds. I know there was already a couple of sheds but the layout was kinda scattered all over the place. Just a suggestion, others may not agree and I will DL this map either way.

Thanks again and take the time you need *thumbsup*
PS4
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

canadafarms wrote:
leifege640 wrote:
I know I said in the other thread that the hills could get tedious at times but overall I like this map. One suggestion for you...on the main farmyard I found it short of space to park equipment once you had more of it. There is a space with grass and trees beside the grain silo, behind the potato and beet storage shed that would be a perfect area for parking. I know you can just cut the trees and use it as is but I was thinking if you made this into a flat paved area it would work well for parking and putting up placeable sheds. I know there was already a couple of sheds but the layout was kinda scattered all over the place. Just a suggestion, others may not agree and I will DL this map either way.

Thanks again and take the time you need *thumbsup*
I actually wouldn't mind it, you do make a good point, but I would like to have the map, roughly, as default as possible. :smileynew:

How to post your log.txt
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

JohnDeere318 wrote: I actually wouldn't mind it, you do make a good point, but I would like to have the map, roughly, as default as possible. :smileynew:

Yeah just an idea, now that we can tip anywhere would you still want the potato/beet/wood chip storage building?
PS4
FunFarmer

Post by FunFarmer »

canadafarms wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote: I actually wouldn't mind it, you do make a good point, but I would like to have the map, roughly, as default as possible. :smileynew:

Yeah just an idea, now that we can tip anywhere would you still want the potato/beet/wood chip storage building?
Speaking only for myself, I don't like having random piles sitting around with no idea what they are(without looking closely for texture) or how much they are holding. And not having those piles register on the "silo info" screen. At least having a marked location to put a pile would be better than nothing IMO. However, if a pile happens in a building, could the opening be wide enough for the Terra Fellis(open and operating) head to fit in for easy clean up of said piles. For example, the row of tippable sheds on the GCV edit by Stevie are wide enough that if you use them to pile product the Terra can still be used to pick up the product.