[WIP] Bjornholm FS17

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
leifege640

Re: [WIP] Bjornholm FS17

Post by leifege640 »

Octopuss wrote:I am not entirely sure how it works, but can you make the map Chopped straw compatible too?
I certainly can and was thinking about it, but unfortunately that version I think would make it incompatible for consoles because it is a separate .lua script (but I could be wrong and that mod works perfectly on console). So what I was thinking of doing in that case was release the console version, then release a second version that would edited more heavily to include chopped straw, maybe even soil mod if Decker brings it to FS17, compost master built in, etc.
FunFarmer wrote:...And if you could get root crop and wood chips to be accepted by the silo the root/chip building could just be removed to make a spot for placeable buildings and not even have to worry about the Terra at all. ...
I think I had stated in the Q&A that I was going to keep the root crop building there as it was in the screenshot. I will just set up the collisions so that you can dump there if you want, or use it as a vehicle shelter if you want. I could get the silos to accept woodchips, potatoes, and beets, but I don't plan on it.
Cameron wrote:Personally, and I'm only speaking for myself -others can chime in as they wish. Don't care where, BUT request that the area you put it in has storage for hay and straw (bales or loose material) and contains room for a front loader and a few attachments, and maybe if it isn't too hard or there is room some sheds for loose crops too.

Edit; is following the original map design without trying to add more than whats needed out of the question? All I'm asking is rather than remove to fit pigs why not add a small section to the map, tie it in so it flows, and do it that way?
As for the the pig spots, I might just remove the fence to make it fit if there is a fence there. I think I had said "- Fields or major buildings cannot be messed with, deleted, or moved around (the exception will be "useless" buildings that are only decorative unlike say houses)", there are plenty of spots on the map (some of which have already been mentioned) that have plenty of potential open space. I can remove trees and a few types of buildings, and I am even willing to edit the terrain significantly if I have to (of course I am going to have to anyways because there is nary a true flat spot on this map that isn't already taken), but I won't let's say remove part of field 23 because someone wants to have the pigs at the main farm. And I will definitely include a shed for straw and equipment, and a shed for feed storage.
PC player of FS19, FS17, FS15, and FS13
Don't criticize the farmer with your mouth full.
Computer Specs in spoiler.
Intel i3-6100 3.7GHz CPU
Gigabyte Radeon RX 470 w/ 4GB of GDDR5 VRAM
8GB of DDR4 RAM
Windows 10
275GB SSD + 1TB HHD
How to post your log:viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

All I would like as far as pigs is enough fields and storage close buy to be able to farm for food. Reason for this is that as of right now console players can't mix pig feed cause the mixers use outside scripts and we don't have anyway to transport large amounts of several different food types at once of your doing a massive operation. It is possible to use a semi and store potatoes or beets on site so not a deal breaker just my preference. I'll just say this game would become so cool if giants could put in the base game a feed mixer like the silo king. I don't care about size because that would give modders an option to mod bigger ones using the in game script I think. I grew up on a pig farm so this would be really cool to me.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
Octopuss

Post by Octopuss »

Well, if you want to spend extra time on consoles, why not. But personally I think consoles have enough maps to play, and that time could be spent better adding more stuff to the map, be that more functionality or whatever.
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

Octopuss wrote:Well, if you want to spend extra time on consoles, why not. But personally I think consoles have enough maps to play, and that time could be spent better adding more stuff to the map, be that more functionality or whatever.
Now isn't that quite the statement considering we pay 30% more for the game than you do! As a PC player you can edit in whatever the hell you want and we can't....oh and by the way it was us console players that got this WIP started by talking with the guy who is doing the conversion...so your welcome
PS4
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Octopuss wrote:Well, if you want to spend extra time on consoles, why not. But personally I think consoles have enough maps to play, and that time could be spent better adding more stuff to the map, be that more functionality or whatever.
Come on man. I hear people saying that console players that ask for more are the type of ppl who make modders quitE making stuff for consoles. Please do be like this
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
leifege640

Post by leifege640 »

Guys, please don't restart the platform war on this thread. And for the record, yes canadafarms is correct, it was a console player that wanted this conversion. viewtopic.php?f=895&t=106668
Intel i3-6100 3.7GHz CPU
8GB of DDR4 RAM
Windows 10
275GB SSD + 1TB HHD
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

Thank you @leifege640 for doing this for everybody.
Sorry about that *thumbsup*
Last edited by canadafarms on Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
PS4
Octopuss

Post by Octopuss »

canadafarms wrote: anything I see him post he's never happy with anything.
Excuse me?
FunFarmer

Post by FunFarmer »

I think I am going to withdraw from this project. I was afraid it might get like this having seen how other threads go around here. It is disappointing to see what has become of this "community".
Just a guy, playing the game of life, and this game.
"PC" player. Modded to the teeth.
FS15/17, Saitek 3 piece, and a crappy lappy.

:hi: :gamer:
leifege640

Post by leifege640 »

FunFarmer wrote:I think I am going to withdraw from this project. I was afraid it might get like this having seen how other threads go around here. It is disappointing to see what has become of this "community".
Alright, well just keep checking back every now and then.
Intel i3-6100 3.7GHz CPU
8GB of DDR4 RAM
Windows 10
275GB SSD + 1TB HHD
W1der

Post by W1der »

A nice flat are for placeable mods ... please ... :)
There are plenty of useless decorative buildings on the map ... just clear some of them ... *thumbsup*
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Octopuss

Post by Octopuss »

Speaking of that, I wouldn't mind a bit more "storage" for machines from the beginning.
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

Wow... if I had said stop working on pc mods yall have enough there be riots on here. Just pointing out the pc favoritism on here. MANOSAURUS
Bradleyson

Post by Bradleyson »

NO ARGUING. Jesus Christ, are we all 14 year old spoilt brats? No we're not. We're all fine members of the farming community :)

Console this and pc that, who cares? Really? I mean it's not affecting anyone else what platform you play on. Us console users get what we get, deal with it. Want to moan about something then moan somewhere else. there won't be a community soon, we'll all be abroad for a week like manosaurus was (really he was captured by injen and they took some DNA to build another Jurassic park) :lol:
Xbox one: bradleyson666
Any questions, ask away.
be polite and respectful.
Chainsawcrazy

Post by Chainsawcrazy »

Dude that's gonna be bitchin. Can you keep the numerous forestry areas on the map. I enjoy bjornholm cause there is kickass logging work on that map. Thanks again for doing this dude
Infrastructure contractor tasty beef farmer