Problem installing update

Anders Samuelsson

Problem installing update

Post by Anders Samuelsson »

Hello,

When I try to install the 1.4 update it just says "Farming simulator 17 (English) is not installed"

Any ideas on why it's not working?
cowboy36587

Re: Problem installing update

Post by cowboy36587 »

same here, whats going on, im english, been playing Farm sim, i know in English, what the heck is wrong?
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Guys your PCs are trying to tell you something. so far this update broke more things than it fixed. I would wait till the next one to update
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

You should be able to install the update, by reinstalling the game and then install the update. However like Preble 818 wrote did the update also change some things to the worse, so i recommend waiting for a hotfix for the current patch.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Nexus7

Post by Nexus7 »

Ok, installation aborted.
Waiting for a fix that fixes new bugs.

Damn .....
Anders Samuelsson

Post by Anders Samuelsson »

I'll hold on updating until the problems are fixed :)
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

You need to install FS17, that's the problem. I had that happen to me before on FS15. Just install FS17, then install the update after you do and it will work.

You may think it is installed, but it is not.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
HoosierFarmer

Post by HoosierFarmer »

Tried to reinstall my game, it says I have to buy a new license. So I am waiting this one out.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

Buy a new license? Are you sure you have a genuine copy of FS17? Wouldn't you just enter the product key you got from GIANTS through email or the product key behind your manual on the disc version?

How to post your log.txt
HoosierFarmer

Post by HoosierFarmer »

JohnDeere318 wrote:Buy a new license? Are you sure you have a genuine copy of FS17? Wouldn't you just enter the product key you got from GIANTS through email or the product key behind your manual on the disc version?

Yes, but I have a laptop I travel with, 2 CPU,s and laptop at house for my wife and myself when I am at home. So I have used the 5 times allowed on digital copy. I will just have to patiently wait this one out. LOL.
DukaSoft

Post by DukaSoft »

HoosierFarmer wrote:
JohnDeere318 wrote:Buy a new license? Are you sure you have a genuine copy of FS17? Wouldn't you just enter the product key you got from GIANTS through email or the product key behind your manual on the disc version?

Yes, but I have a laptop I travel with, 2 CPU,s and laptop at house for my wife and myself when I am at home. So I have used the 5 times allowed on digital copy. I will just have to patiently wait this one out. LOL.
Write a mail to Giants and they'll reset the counter so you're able to install it again :wink3:
PC User
Specs:
Intel i7-6700k @4.00Ghz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070
16GB - 2133MHz RAM
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

@HoosierFarmer, oh ok. :) Yeah I would do what DukaSoft said, or you can just PM @MadMax the situation.

How to post your log.txt
HoosierFarmer

Post by HoosierFarmer »

DukaSoft wrote:
HoosierFarmer wrote:

Write a mail to Giants and they'll reset the counter so you're able to install it again :wink3:

Thanks for the information, I did not think of that as a viable solution but will give it a shot!
HoosierFarmer

Post by HoosierFarmer »

JohnDeere318 wrote:@HoosierFarmer, oh ok. :) Yeah I would do what DukaSoft said, or you can just PM @MadMax the situation.
Thanks for the @MadMax as well.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

@HooiserFarmer, no problem. :)

How to post your log.txt