Looking for Huge American Map

Melanie Damien

Looking for Huge American Map

Post by Melanie Damien »

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone out there can make a Huge Map. I played fs13 and found a really great map I played on for weeks/months. It's called "XLFarms Sunshine XXL". Can anyone out there convert or even make a map exactly like that one for FS17. I would greatly be appreciated to anyone who can make it. most of the farms I see for fs17 have way to many small fields, and way to many trees and fences plus they are on angles and curves. Most if not all American maps are huge and in straight lines and have plenty of turning room. So If there is anyone out there that can make this map "XLFarms Sunshine XXL" for FS17 you would/will make me very happy. I tried to make my own map and I tried to follow several you tuber's on how to make a map but for some reason I just can't get the hang of it. I have all the downloads from Giant's editor and I still can't make the farm I want. Well thank you all and happy farming :gamer:
Preble 818

Re: Looking for Huge American Map

Post by Preble 818 »

If you can't find someone who can do that for you and you haven't tried Rattlesnake Valley, give that one a go. It's on the Giants modhub and from all the discussion it's already really popular.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

Rattlesnake valley is great, huge fields of between 20-60ha each, and lots of room for hired workers to turn around. Still quite interesting with lots of towns and interesting roads.
If you just want flat and open, then give Hobbs Farm a try. It has big fields as well, which can easily be joined together to make really crazy fields.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
aklein

Post by aklein »

Its not based in america but there are large mostly square fields. Saxony, if 60HA is huge then the 161HA on the Saxony map is Gigantic.
clw2147

Post by clw2147 »

rattle snake valley is by far my favorite american style map
PaulDuPouy

Post by PaulDuPouy »

aklein wrote:Its not based in america but there are large mostly square fields. Saxony, if 60HA is huge then the 161HA on the Saxony map is Gigantic.

160ha is really close to 400 acres, so decent sized. There are a few that large in my area of Indiana, but 40, 80, & 120 acre segments are more common. It gets really scary here in the US when you get to certain areas and there are 2000+ acre fields.
mtx95sho on XB1, Oct. '17 convert to the master race :hi:
ilovetrains

Post by ilovetrains »

I see 160 acres as large, but not huge. now 161 hectare is 395 acres - which is fairly big. My family used to work 320 total, split into 6 pieces, which was by itself considered nothing more than a small farm. Geography prevented that from ever being worked as a single field. However if you venture into Nebraska, fields that size are common. And much larger fields exist.
Christopher73

Post by Christopher73 »

I wish we could get something like rattle snake valley on console.
Playing on PS4
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Christopher73 wrote:I wish we could get something like rattle snake valley on console.
It might happen 50/50
aklein

Post by aklein »

I was speaking less of real life and more of FS17 maps. At least the ones that acutally have stuff on the map and not a few huge fields and a farm and a sell point.
p0wd3rp1l0t

Post by p0wd3rp1l0t »

rattlesnake valley. plenty of detail, but huge. cant stop playing it
Gaming PC