When will we get a decent American Map?

Joshj27a

When will we get a decent American Map?

Post by Joshj27a »

I am really frustrated. I have been waiting and waiting for an American map with large square fields for maximum yield. All that has come out little maps with little fields that do not interest very many players. Please release a map I can enjoy gameplay on. Rattlesnake valley or westbridge hills would be great.
Josh please don't curse when posting, thanks.
eric21

Re: When will we get a decent American Map?

Post by eric21 »

Rattlesnake is already out and the little maps have huge support
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

alternatively you could learn to do mods and make your own map... and be the hero to all the Yangeese map lovers.

Also square fields don't make the best yield, any polygon of EQUIVALENT area will produce exactly the same yield.

You need to understand that most modders make want THEY want and THEY like. As most of the modding community is probabaly EU based (I am guessing) thats what THEY enjoy.

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
SenSeo

Post by SenSeo »

@Joshj27a Many players in the EU like small maps.Personally i like both as long as the big maps don't feel too desolate.
[Windows 10 Pro running from Kingston ssd,Asus Maximus IX Hero,I7 7700K,Crucial 16gb RAM,MSI GTX 960 4gb,PS4 controller via usb]
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

cr41g_1965 wrote:Also square fields don't make the best yield, any polygon of EQUIVALENT area will produce exactly the same yield.
I think he means money yield

Square fields require less overlapping, less turning less time spend doing nothing but paying for, so more money yield :)
PS4 player
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

ErwinR55 wrote:
cr41g_1965 wrote:Also square fields don't make the best yield, any polygon of EQUIVALENT area will produce exactly the same yield.

Square fields require less overlapping, less turning less time spend doing nothing but paying for, so more money yield :)
IF you use hired workers.... but if that is the case than a long rectangular field worked from the short sides would still be more cost effective than a square...sorry...estimator / engineer... I tend to take things literally.

A circle would be the most efficient as no time would be spent off field and turning around

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

cr41g_1965 wrote:
ErwinR55 wrote:

IF you use hired workers.... but if that is the case than a long rectangular field worked from the short sides would still be more cost effective than a square...sorry...estimator / engineer... I tend to take things literally.

A circle would be the most efficient as no time would be spent off field and turning around
I don't follow you there.

Hired workers or not, that doesn't matter, overlap costs money, if you do it yourself or if you hire somebody.
The less turning you need, the less costs you have.

How is a rectangular field worked from the short sides (lets say 200x50 meters sized, using 10m wide equipment) more cost efficient then a 100x100 field?
100x100 you need 11 passes up and down to cover the field completely, with maybe alot of overlap on your last run
200x50 requires 21 passes up and down, that is almost double in times turning around, which costs time and fuel.
If you would do it in the long stretch, you are better off, as it would only need 6 passes.

But to be fair, by square fields we do of course mean rectangular fields instead (but can be perfectly squared). As long as it doesn't have weird other shapes (like the fields on Chellington where I farm).

A circle however is not efficient in the area used, as you will alway have other ground surrounded that you are not using, which again is a waste of money.
PS4 player
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

ErwinR55 wrote: How is a rectangular field worked from the short sides (lets say 200x50 meters sized, using 10m wide equipment) more cost efficient then a 100x100 field?
100x100 you need 11 passes up and down to cover the field completely, with maybe alot of overlap on your last run
200x50 requires 21 passes up and down, that is almost double in times turning around, which costs time and fuel.
If you would do it in the long stretch, you are better off, as it would only need 6 passes.
I did say "worked from the short side" meaning you start off on the short sides...so that would be the long run..6 passes...less time turning.
ErwinR55 wrote: A circle however is not efficient in the area used, as you will alway have other ground surrounded that you are not using, which again is a waste of money.
A circle of equivalent area is more efficient in the area "used".. Im not talking about the area unused. A circle would mean you work the field constantly with no need for off field turning.

In reality though a farmer uses every available square metre of land available.. that means in most cases right up to the fences.. which makes maps like Chellington and CPF more realistic than say GCV which wastes tonnes of space

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

cr41g_1965 wrote:
I did say "worked from the short side" meaning you start off on the short sides...so that would be the long run..6 passes...less time turning.
Yes, sorry, sometimes the language is a barrier :)

cr41g_1965 wrote: In reality though a farmer uses every available square metre of land available.. that means in most cases right up to the fences.. which makes maps like Chellington and CPF more realistic than say GCV which wastes tonnes of space
I know, farming is in my blood.
That´s why I also farm on Chellington.
PS4 player
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

ErwinR55 wrote: I know, farming is in my blood.
That´s why I also farm on Chellington.
*thumbsup* Chellington and CPF are the only two maps I am running now... I have tried them all and these two are the only two that can hold my attention... but I may also do a re-start on Lossberg for all the tiny fields now... The new Kuhn pack will excel there...

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

Am thinking about the old stream farm to do farming on my own instead of workers.

but first need to finish more on Chellington, my 640 trees are not full grown yet, need to do some woodworks.
Next target is 10000 pigs, and 1500 cows.
PS4 player
Guil

Post by Guil »

I'm also thinking of starting lossberg with the kuhn pack.
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

I agree with the OP, we need a decent sized American map. Similar to Westbridge, but not as hilly, but not as big as Rattlesnake.

Someone just released a Sosnovka Large Fields map, link: http://www.modhub.us/farming-simulator- ... dition-v1/ I will try this and see how it is, if it is even worth it.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

I CANNOT do large field maps... I get way too comfortable..my couch is so comfy, the dog is so cuddly, the fireplace is so warm... that it usually doesn't take long for the head nods to start... smaller fields require more of my attention and help me stay awake. hahaha

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

I do agree with you Craig, that is a big con to the large fields. But they are better for the larger equipment and you can fully utilize the largest equipment. You can actually use the grain cart, lots of semis, Courseplay, multiple combines, etc. :)
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt