No DLC until 1.4 is fixed

sootysax

No DLC until 1.4 is fixed

Post by sootysax »

Noone should buy the DLC until a hotfix is released for the game breaking errors created in 1.4

though my guess is all the Kuhn equipment is going to work fine, because thats where all GIANTS attention has been
bale_baron

Re: No DLC until 1.4 is fixed

Post by bale_baron »

sootysax wrote:Noone should buy the DLC until a hotfix is released for the game breaking errors created in 1.4
What would this achieve?
GIANTS is already working on fixing this as quickly as possible.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

bale_baron wrote:
sootysax wrote:Noone should buy the DLC until a hotfix is released for the game breaking errors created in 1.4
What would this achieve?
Might make them hurry up and fix the existing game,also if Giants know people won't buy dlc if the game has faults they might make sure a patch is working before releasing it...just my thoughts
bale_baron

Post by bale_baron »

It would make no difference.

I don't think they knew about these issues when they released the patch. I think they are already using all of their resources to improve this game.

Maybe if we all buy the DLC they get more money and can allocate additional resources to make this game even better even faster.
How about that.
DukaSoft

Post by DukaSoft »

Making them hurry will just cause more issues.
Pointing out that some of us aren't happy with the way things are done however, is a good idea. (but please do it respectfully)

Anyway I won't be buying any more dlc because the game will never run optimal on my system due to Giants not supporting 60hz+ monitors.
One can only hope FS19 gets better.
PC User
Specs:
Intel i7-6700k @4.00Ghz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070
16GB - 2133MHz RAM
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Patrick73 wrote:
bale_baron wrote:
What would this achieve?
Might make them hurry up and fix the existing game,also if Giants know people won't buy dlc if the game has faults they might make sure a patch is working before releasing it...just my thoughts
Please dont make anyone or even companies to hurry up
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

bale_baron wrote:It would make no difference.

I don't think they knew about these issues when they released the patch. I think they are already using all of their resources to improve this game.

Maybe if we all buy the DLC they get more money and can allocate additional resources to make this game even better even faster.
How about that.
Quite clearly they never even tested the latest update because within the hour people on here were flagging up bugs and problems, maybe if people held off buying the dlc it may make them decide to spend a little time testing a patch before it's released! Whose to say the dlc won't be bugged to hell and won't work properly? If they don't play test a patch will they do the same with dlc??
thunderhawk

Post by thunderhawk »

Update 1.4.2 has been released
Dell XPS 720 Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme 3.0ghz
Liquid cooled with a 120mm x 240mm radiator twin 120mm cooler master SickleFlow fans
Nvidia GTX 660ti
Patch 1.4.4 Windows 7 home
Playing through a Sanyo 50" tv
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Patrick73 wrote:
bale_baron wrote:It would make no difference.

How about that.
Quite clearly they never even tested the latest update because within the hour people on here were flagging up bugs and problems, maybe if people held off buying the dlc it may make them decide to spend a little time testing a patch before it's released! Whose to say the dlc won't be bugged to hell and won't work properly? If they don't play test a patch will they do the same with dlc??
It has been tested but maybe it goes like this....10 people tested and only 3 suffered or seen a bug so then it goes into further testing. Ive been watching the testing and they tested it a few times
Farmer2B

Post by Farmer2B »

I think you should make some signs and take them and go in front of Giants building and protest, that will teach them.
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

thunderhawk wrote:Update 1.4.2 has been released
It doesn't fix anything though, I am still having the same issues with hired workers not recognising fields. Even on standard goldcrest, with default equipment my workers can not plant the starter fields.
The stuff in the change logs was all minor stuff, not the game breaking stuff we are battling with.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

I start manually first then let the ai do it. Its not really a game breaking bug just an annoying one
BullFarmer

Post by BullFarmer »

eric21 wrote:I start manually first then let the ai do it. Its not really a game breaking bug just an annoying one
Tried that, but they still stop each time they reach the end of the field, my hired help has been unable to turn around at all.
I started a new game on GCV and the hired help can not plant a field or windrow straw. Those are just the things I have found so far, I got frustrated and gave up after 20 minutes.
Strangely my save on Rattlesnake Valley is still working well.
Playing on PS4 and PC.
I7 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX960 2Gb graphics.

Farmer/tractor driver in real life.
LS09God

Post by LS09God »

When a game is in alpha stage, bugs and big errors are dealt with, helped by alpha testers. After that the game goes in beta testing stage with even more people testing it before finally hitting your PC.
The biggest problem developers are facing is the way PC's are build.
No PC out there is the same, they almost all have different components in them from different manufacturers. Testing a game for all those different systems is not feasible.
So they bring out a game patch and let us (the players) find the errors and bugs. We in turn report them to the dev's and they repair the game with a follow up patch.
This goes on until the game is running good.
This not only happens with Giants, but almost all game brands do it like this nowadays.

Asking for a quick fix is In my honest opinion not the way to approach the on hand situation. Let the developers use their brains to come up with an solution and let them do that at there own pace. A fix to our current problems with the game will come, just be patient... :wink3:
Specs:
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E mobo.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor.
Corsair 32Gb DDR4 internal mem.
Sandisk 1Tb SSD as boot and game drive.
Samsung 1Tb hdd for general storage.
Gigabyte RTX2070 super graphics card.
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Logitech G27, G13. Saiteck HOTAS pro.
Razer BlackWidow Keyboard.
Fiber connection.
DeereJason

Post by DeereJason »

Good grief, certainly a lot of bleeding hearts on here. Giants puts out a stuff product and everyone defends them. You all probably have women running around and cheating on you too.

We should buy the dlc so they have more money to work with? They sold a million copies of the game in the first couple months! Let's get this straight...we paid them, they owe us!

They don't make the game for our benefit, they make it to make a profit! It's no wonder that there are constant issues with this game...their customers will dish out cash for any worthless stuff they put out regardless of quality.

If you want a better product, hold back your money instead of blindly handing it out.