What made you decide to play this game?

Patrick73

What made you decide to play this game?

Post by Patrick73 »

Me personally I've played a lot of game over the years FIFA, pro evo ,battlefield,project cars and gran tourismo but as I got older I found most of these games frustrating and came off the PlayStation more frustrated than relaxed especially when I played online. Then this was on offer on ps store and I thought why not and haven't looked back!
mdoss

Re: What made you decide to play this game?

Post by mdoss »

I feel like I'm at a psychiatrist's office.. :)

I got a bit tired of the first-person shooters...

I've always enjoyed games where you start with little or nothing and build up as much as you can or want, especially ones where you can do anything or go at your own pace with no set script to follow - like SimCity, the Tycoon games, TheSims, etc.

Watched a few YouTube videos and thought I'd like to try it out! Fell in love with FS17 the first time I tried it! I wish there were more tutorials or a better manual or some campaign mode where it walks you through a little more how to get a farm up and going. Because for someone brand new to Farming Simulator, the learning curve can be quite steep!!!
FS19 - PC version
FS17 - Xbox One version (occasionally on PC also)
Intel i7 2.8GHz, 16MB Ram, GeForce GTX 1050
Gamertag - "Dossmeister"
"Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
BARNYwithaGUN

Post by BARNYwithaGUN »

I play it to relax. I farm irl and enjoy doing things without break downs. Battlefield 3 is also good for me but it don't have tractors lol
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

I decided to play this game is because I wanted to farm when I was not in the field and loved to farm in general (instead of doing a carpet operation, yes, I did that). Saw this game at Wal-Mart, bought FS13, then fell in love with the series. :D
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
Borealis

Post by Borealis »

I play FS for relaxation after a long day at the office.

I got tired of shooters and flight sims can be far too heavy going to relax. Watched a couple of youtube vids, bought FS 13 and there was no turning back.

Also, as a design engineer in defence, it took a lot of the fun out of shooters for me.
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Well, I was born in a rural town in Northern Pennsylvania . I played a lot of games, many of which I still do, but I grew up around farms and machinery, so of course I had an interest in it. I had seen it on PC, and had even played it briefly at a friend's place. When it was released on consoles in late 2013(I think?) It was literally a matter of weeks before I bought it. I've played every game since.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
oneway

Post by oneway »

I grew up in a small farming town and worked on a farm there and being from Indiana you can't throw a rock in any direction without hitting a field. I've played all the shooters from Call of Duty to Battlefield 1. I love to drive in real life so ETS2 was very relaxing and I thought farming would be also. I am so hooked. I love this game. I really enjoy all the machinery animations and the way everything works like in real life (most of the time). The only stressful part is when your sheep and pigs need something and you have 8 fields to harvest.
PC USER
danielhawkins

Post by danielhawkins »

It started one day when my brother got into PC not long after the release of fs13 and was searching around for games. Farming is in our blood and hence the reason it became one of his searches. He found FS13 Demo and started playing it and I watched him and I didn't take to it at first, then my brother requested the full game so our dad bought FS11 even though we wanted fs13 and we got going on that. Then I did some research and realised the difference between FS11 and FS13 and decided to buy FS13 for 2 PC's and play together on 1 farm and then the addiction began and I've followed the series ever since.
What ever it is I just said; I could be wrong!
Farming on FS17
"PC"
-MSI Gaming Pro Carbon RGB
-Intel i7 6850K Hexacore 3.6gHz-3.9gHz
-32GB RAM
-MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB
-Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 1TB
-Win 10 Pro 64-Bit
-Logitech G710+, Corsair M65 PRO RGB
-Samsung SyncMaster B2240
How to find and post your Log.txt
adidas_24

Post by adidas_24 »

I always wanted to be a farmer when I was young. I have a lot of farming friends as I live and grew up in a small town. I help on the farm when I can. Nice to get out of the office! Couple years back my wife was wondering what to get me for Xmas and I remember seeing fs15 in a store (thinking it could be a couple hours of entertainment... ya right ... over a thousand hours later) and said that or forza6 for xbox. She got me both and well I think I have played 2 hours of forza since. A great game that I have got many friends and family addicted to it as well.
Happy farming everyone!
If it ain't red leave it in the shed.
*Xbox One- FS17 and PC- FS15*
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Like everyone says, relaxation, fs13 was my first for PS3, my dad played a trick on me, i wanted gta4, so he called me downstairs for something, and he said he bought fs13, i was po'ed cause gta4 was a new gen game graphics are outta this world, but he bought gta4, it was on sale, so like a month later he got fs13, i honestly thought it was going to be like JD American Farmer, boxy vehicles and all that, i was wrong, it was nothing like that, absolutely blown away.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Me personally I've played Battle Field a lot over the years, but as I got older I found this game frustrating and came off the xbox360 more frustrated than relaxed, especially when I played online.
I think I am still ranked "1" on the leader boards (xbox360) for the "Fire from the sky - coop mission" ... :mrgreen:
Then this was on offer and I thought why not and haven't looked back! ... :coolnew: :mrgreen: :lol:

I then switched to playing this on a PC ... and got even more hooked as I got the possibility to manipulate mods, to my own liking ... and now I am building a custom controller for the game.
Last edited by W1der on Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Guil

Post by Guil »

I used to love the CoD games and spent a huge amount of time playing the first modern warfare online. I started wearing glasses in 09 and since then I can't play fps games anymore. After about 30 mins I get really nauseous.

I was out of work with an injury during 2015 and bought FS15 out of boredom and I was hooked :biggrin2:
Fordson

Post by Fordson »

Got a cheap FS13 last year (EUR 1,99). Played it, liked it. Skipped FS15 as I did not need forestry. FS 17 looked interesting (Pigs, more crops, a lot of other stuff more). Bought it and I am not disappointed.
And of course, I ever wanted to drive a tractor since I am 8.
LS17, what else?
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

It seems like pretty much everyone started the FS series on FS2013. :lol: It was probably the most advertised and more well known by then.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Interested in heavy equipment since young age, been in New Holland and did a small stint as a cran operator at a army open day.