Pc set up opinions

Cajuncowboy654

Pc set up opinions

Post by Cajuncowboy654 »

Ok so I am using a laptop at the moment but am thinking of upgrading to a desktop to get a better experience as far as graphics and things go.

My question is what are you guys and gals using and what do you suggest I include to get the best play experience.

I see all of these nice clear lifelike graphics and I,am definantly not getting that with my laptop.

Thanks
ilovetrains

Re: Pc set up opinions

Post by ilovetrains »

My experience has been the processor is no where near as important as the video card. Given you spend up to 2K on the graphics card alone - the best advice to give is get the best graphics card you can afford. The more video RAM the better.
turtl3soap

Post by turtl3soap »

i have a i5 4690k cpu and a 980 and i can play it on max settings
W1der

Post by W1der »

Is money an object ?

I am quite happy with my setup.
Max settings is not a problem with this, using a 1080p monitor.
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Turbonerd

Post by Turbonerd »

The previous poster is right. Put your dollars into a graphics card. Additionally, I'm a big believer in having as much RAM as possible. I know at the moment there are really no games that require 16GB, but I still went with 32 for my system. Check my spoiler to see rest of my pc specs if interested. Best of luck to ya.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

for rendering and general graphics u want to focus your efforts on you gpu.. however the processor and ram shouldn't be underplayed as they directly effect things like load time and the general ability to play a stable game.. whats more is there is no priority with ram vs processor.. u can have all the ram in the world but if u don't have a good enough cpu then its wasted effort.. the same can be said for a powerful processor with too little ram.. ram and processor go hand in hand and should be able to compliment each other.. so first priority should be your gpu but also take a careful look at the cpu and its capabilities in terms of speed and ram supported
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Turbonerd wrote:The previous poster is right. Put your dollars into a graphics card. Additionally, I'm a big believer in having as much RAM as possible. I know at the moment there are really no games that require 16GB, but I still went with 32 for my system. Check my spoiler to see rest of my pc specs if interested. Best of luck to ya.
That pip-boy bobblehead does a great job of keeping in your rig "cool" I bet :)
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
Turbonerd

Post by Turbonerd »

LOL, yeah he does. I figured if it started to melt, I might need to be concerned about the GPU.
Last edited by Turbonerd on Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Turbonerd wrote:
LOL, yeah he does. I figured if it started to melt, I might need to be concerned about the GPS.
Haha yes sir!
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.